[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
I'm on Hardware version 0002; I flashed up from a Froyo rom (Fresh) with no wipe; no issues noted. Phone booted, I downloaded the patch, but when I tried to apply it via the Fresh Updater I encountered the triangle/exclamation mark. I booted the device normal, flashed Amon RA, and applied the patch zip. Booted up fine.

Hard to say if GB has any benefits over Froyo at this point; you do LOSE some useful functionality with this beta (e.g. the ability to toggle radios in the notification bar), but at least we're up to par with other Android phones.

we just gotta wait for Jschisurf to port the toggle over to gingerbread (or any other dev, but since he was the original dev to create this mod on our evo's running sense, i'm sure he'll do it once the official OTA releases).

fldash

Jun 26, 2008
Same thing happened to me, Im not able to flash any of the new GB Sense ROMS at all, all of them boot loop for me. I guess its CM7 or Froyo for me, then. :(

I haven't tried Mik's GB, but this one definitely whitescreen bootloops. I bet it's probably bad sectors on the boot partition not allow the boot.img to flash. I had this happen before with certain kernels. That should be covered under a warranty right? If I say, flash the stock GB once it comes out and it fails?

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
Same thing happened to me, Im not able to flash any of the new GB Sense ROMS at all, all of them boot loop for me. I guess its CM7 or Froyo for me, then. :(

I haven't tried Mik's GB, but this one definitely whitescreen bootloops. I bet it's probably bad sectors on the boot partition not allow the boot.img to flash. I had this happen before with certain kernels. That should be covered under a warranty right? If I say, flash the stock GB once it comes out and it fails?

I was working with Droga in trying to get a logcat but his was looping before it ever connected to adb. fldash: see if you can get me a logcat.

Droga: After it boot loops go back in to recovery and adb pull /proc/last_kmsg and we'll see if it has anything useful in it. You do the same fldash if you can't get a logcat.

Reactions: skantman69

fldash

Jun 26, 2008
flipz, mine is definitely rebooting before adb/logcat. It never gets past the whitescreen that says HTC (or EVO, or whatever it says). Upload your boot.img and I'll try to flash it manually, but I know for a fact that's the problem (it's too being for my boot partition since I have bad blocks). If there's a smaller kernel, you could probably flash your rom. TUrn off the phone, go into bootloader, and flash the smaller kernel with fastboot.

Landara

Feb 21, 2011
Brunswick, GA
This ROM is great only issue I have is that Titanium still won't restore data. And WIFI tethering hasn't worked since I did it(with either the sprint of WiFi Tethering App). Still it beats the hell out of CM7 in my mind.

enroberts

Apr 26, 2009
Slingplayer

For what it's worth; Slingplayer Mobile isn't even showing up in the market. It's an app I have purchased and I know it runs on Gingerbread (I'm running it on my Xoom). It ran under Fresh 3.5.0.1 just fine. I originally tried an upgrade to 4.0 and it wouldn't run so I wiped and now it doesnt even show up as an app available on the market, let alone the fact that I purchased it. Any input? Thanks!

artlan

Aug 7, 2007
For what it's worth; Slingplayer Mobile isn't even showing up in the market. It's an app I have purchased and I know it runs on Gingerbread (I'm running it on my Xoom). It ran under Fresh 3.5.0.1 just fine. I originally tried an upgrade to 4.0 and it wouldn't run so I wiped and now it doesnt even show up as an app available on the market, let alone the fact that I purchased it. Any input? Thanks!

if it's a protected app, it won't show up in the market for this rom unless it's build ID matches a verified one from google. Also, if the phone's OS version doesn't hit the app's given range (2.1, 2.2), even though it may run fine it won't show up as a valid option.

Beyond that - no idea :)

joems

Jul 25, 2008

Suggestion. Run a backup. Flash back to a previous ROM backup a ver 2.2 rom, then Backup the SlingApp using something like My Backup(thats what I use). Restore your Fresh beta 4 and restore app from My Backup.

WutTheHeezy

Jul 18, 2010
anybody still experiencing issues with their clock and clock functions not working? i can't even access my alarms.. i know beta 4 is supposed to fix those issues but unfortunately after flashing and reflashing i'm still coming up short.. any suggestions anyone?

Last edited:

jdh10475

Aug 16, 2010
Austin

Have you tried to restore from Titanium Backup?

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Is the gps icon with slash across it at the top of the phone screen supposed to be there? I dont recall seeing it there unless i turn the gps on???

Thanks,

In B

jbox78

Jul 22, 2008
I'm having problems with the screen being nonresponsive when the alarm goes off. I end up having to pull the battery to turn the alarm off.

Sent from my EVO using XDA App

kenfly

Dec 22, 2009
The inc 4 beta broke my wifi. Anyone else?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using XDA Premium App

cMeka

Apr 7, 2010
Columbus
Is the gps icon with slash across it at the top of the phone screen supposed to be there? I dont recall seeing it there unless i turn the gps on???

Thanks,

In B

My guess is that the gps icon in this rom, will always be visible.. gps off is represented by the icon with slash and the gps on is represented by the icon without slash.. perhaps something new for sense gingerbread?

Lindsey

Mar 17, 2007
Had the same problem only nobody replied. Do you have a Titanium backup from a previous rom?

dbarstad

Nov 25, 2010
Denver
Sincere thanks for working a Fresh Gingerbread release.

LOVED 3.5.0.1 but needed some newer love... ;-)

D

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!