Tap and pay now working on the Xperia Z1

Search This thread

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
So I've had google wallet for a while now. However after switching from my nexus to the Xperia Z1 last year, Ive been unable to tap and pay using the Google wallet app. They've only allowed me to send money or to see the status of my wallet account which was disappointing.
Today however I got a prompt from my wallet app asking if I wanted yo set up tap and pay o_0. It looks like after having updated to 4.4.2 it's now possible to use this feature... Anyways, thought you guys should know. It's cool to finally have this available.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395593451101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395593451101.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 12,203
Reactions: gregbradley

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
That screen shot is the Google wallet app. At the bottom of the screen shot you can see that it says this device is ready for tap and pay purchases.
What other settings did you want to see?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
That screen shot is the Google wallet app. At the bottom of the screen shot you can see that it says this device is ready for tap and pay purchases.
What other settings did you want to see?

Just that I cant find google wallet app on the play store, its incompatible with my device.

Can you post the apk and I will see if it works anyway

Last edited:

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
That is the issue then. I'm not sure this feature is available outside the United states. Would need to dig into that. Because the app itself should appear on the store. The fact that it doesn't foe you over there and it does for me here has me thinking.... But you don't need my apk, just download a copy of it here ( http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/app-google-wallet-2-0-r133-v9-t2122313) hope that helps

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i have google wallet setup in my Z1, connect my bank account n credit card, but i have no idea how to tap and pay at mcdonalds... it juz saying transaction fail, i have money in my google wallet too... currently using [NUT]14.3.A.0.681 4.4.2 custom stock rom

Last edited:

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
i have google wallet setup in my Z1, connect my bank account n credit card, but i have no idea how to tap and pay at mcdonalds... it juz saying transaction fail, i have money in my google wallet too... currently using [NUT]14.3.A.0.681 4.4.2 custom stock rom

It works for me. Used it in wall mart, riteaid, McDonald's and hertz. There is a setting now in the general area called tap and pay. Make sure you have google wallet set as your default paying app.

It works for me. Used it in wall mart, riteaid, McDonald's and hertz. There is a setting now in the general area called tap and pay. Make sure you have google wallet set as your default paying app.

In tap and pay setting is already set to Google wallet, besides, Google wallet is the only option I can choose...

rich345

Jul 19, 2010
Wrong Country

Hiya,

I have installed the app but says its not supported in my Country how can i get it up and running ?

Thanks

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
Hiya,

I have installed the app but says its not supported in my Country how can i get it up and running ?

Thanks

"In what countries is Google Wallet available?
In the United States, you can use Google Wallet to shop in stores, send money, and to make online purchases on Google Play or other online merchants. Outside of the United States, you can use Google Wallet online to make purchases on Google Play in over 125 countries, and at online merchants in over 160 countries and territories."
Only will work in the U.S if you want to tap and pay..

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
ya, im in US new york

I'm in NY as well. I have the international c6902 and it works for me. Of course this assumes that you
1- have Google wallet installed
2-that you set the app with your credit card
3- that you have nfc enabled.

If your answer is yes yo all three of these then I don't know what could be interfering with the process. Unless of course the places you've tried didn't have the terminal's tap and pay enabled.

abajarde

Nov 28, 2011
You should edit the title to say "US ONLY" so nobody asks you

In retrospective I should have, but then it's always been the case with wallet that it only works on the states, I guess I assumed people knew. Will add it to the description guess

I'm in NY as well. I have the international c6902 and it works for me. Of course this assumes that you
1- have Google wallet installed
2-that you set the app with your credit card
3- that you have nfc enabled.

If your answer is yes yo all three of these then I don't know what could be interfering with the process. Unless of course the places you've tried didn't have the terminal's tap and pay enabled.

is a yes to all 3, and i only test it in McDonalds and Duane Reade... i do have money in my wallet balance because the first $250 charge from credit card is no service charge, beside bank account and credit card are all link to google wallet already

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've had google wallet for a while now. However after switching from my nexus to the Xperia Z1 last year, Ive been unable to tap and pay using the Google wallet app. They've only allowed me to send money or to see the status of my wallet account which was disappointing.
    Today however I got a prompt from my wallet app asking if I wanted yo set up tap and pay o_0. It looks like after having updated to 4.4.2 it's now possible to use this feature... Anyways, thought you guys should know. It's cool to finally have this available.