Thanks Meter: 1,027

By bhiga, Recognized Contributor on 21st November 2013, 07:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2014, 03:06 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldarkcore

Ok, thanks for the information. I believe that in the future there will be a solution to downgrade to the new FW .

I personally have replaced the newer bootloader with the older and resulted with a non booting CC. Changed the kernel as well since it read at least partially before the bootloader and still would not boot. So after a bit went back too clone a rooted CC with customer key byte for byte and it would not boot. At this point I found that some time soon after the 12072 the signature check was updated on the SOC and since there is no know way (the suspicion is fuse is blown) to JTAG the SOC (not to mention no data sheets available) we are not able to change the signature in the SOC.

The idea is great to change the firmware by removing the NAND and re-program it but in the end the fail proof of downgrading proved to be so far "fail proof". Our best hope is a new exploit. And if some one who knows code well enough to find and use one could get a full dump from those that deal with the firmware.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

31st July 2014, 08:36 PM |#522  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi003

Give it now a way to root a used Chromecast?

Not yet, because if it has been used, it most likely has been connected to the Internet, and if it has been connected to the Internet, it will have automatically updated to something newer than the original 12072 build, thus losing root.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
1st August 2014, 04:29 AM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for this thread. I found an unopened cc for 37$ with very low serial. Opened it and it was rootable. 3 weeks later I receive my otg cable and rooted without any issues. I'm happy
1st August 2014, 04:39 AM |#524  

More
By any chance was it the one I posted a few days back? Hope so I waited a few hours and could not wait any longer went to buy if no one had and it was sold

1st August 2014, 04:45 AM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No, I found it asking eBay sellers
1st August 2014, 06:36 AM |#526  

More
Nice

4th August 2014, 02:04 PM |#527  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippernz

Has anyone bought off this seller on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310729834...84.m1497.l2648

they said they have serials of 3808

I finally received my CC in Australia today from the ebay seller above.

Serial start 3731 and is now rooted

FlashCast and Eureka up and running
The Following User Says Thank You to rippernz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rippernz Ad-Free
4th August 2014, 03:52 PM |#528  

More
Nice
6th August 2014, 02:26 AM |#529  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,520

More
For those of you who are stuck with unrootable serial devices, do not fret. Even if it's not rootable today, it may be tomorrow. No device is "Hack/Exploit Proof"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddggttff3 Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 05:31 AM |#530  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,443

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

For those of you who are stuck with unrootable serial devices, do not fret. Even if it's not rootable today, it may be tomorrow. No device is "Hack/Exploit Proof"

Hmm...
7th August 2014, 04:17 AM |#531  
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

Definitely no device is exploit proof, I wouldn't be surprised if someone found a way around it.

I mean the device has been out for a long time now right.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyonz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kyonz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)