[Recovery] and [Root] Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T110, CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
hi gr8nole !

maybe you can make a statement on my bug theory in the preceding post (2 posts above) , i.e. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56443883&postcount=138

thanks. it may be a simple bug in a script which forces the recov-bootloop on the SM-T110 when custom recovs are being used.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I tried both. I don't believe it makes a difference.

You're theory in incorrect, the problem is with the bootloader and the init. I fixed this same problem for the T210 but I don't have this device to test.

Try the CWM in this post and see if it helps.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55816711&postcount=2

Sent from my SM-N900V

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
the bootloop unfortunately is still a problem on SM-T110 aka tab3lite.

for workaround see above thread.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
End of support. Thread closed.

If you get stuck in recovery and can't boot into Android, you need to install the stock recovery to get Android to boot.

Stock recovery flashable zip located HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jespert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    End of support. Thread closed.

If you get stuck in recovery and can't boot into Android, you need to install the stock recovery to get Android to boot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8
    (TWRP is in post 3, Philz Touch in post 4)

Click HERE for the latest version.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @Unjustified Dev for device and kernel source trees
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Instructions:
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them). Also need to enable USB debugging.
    7. Select "PDA" (or AP) then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Unzip the file you downloaded so that you have a file named "recovery.tar.md5".)
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 9).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly. Only use the 3-button method to boot into recovery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE for the latest version.

WHERE do you get a STOCK RECOVERY image to flash to this thing? I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! WHY is there NO stock ROM links or stock RECOVERY links in the main thread!? The main thread says if this don't work you gotta flash stock ROM.. OK, well WHERE is the link especially to the US version??? I can't find one for US!? And I'd rather just do what you say and flash the stock RECOVERY instead of flashing the entire ROM. !?!!?

OK PEOPLE. I created an MD5 file of the STOCK RECOVERY that you can flash with ODIN when in DOWNLOAD MODE!!! THEN boot into recovery, that would be STOCK recovery, and just WIPE CACHE partition. Nothing about Dalvik, just the option that says to WIPE the cache. Then reboot. This will take you OUT of the CURSED custom recovery bootloop WITHOUT having to REFLASH your ENTIRE DEVICE with the STOCK firmware, wherever the heck that might reside.

MAYBE you can then flash a custom recovery using FLASHIFY or something from within Android but all I really want right now is root and I have that. I was stuck in the custom recovery boot loop and did NOT want to redo my ENTIRE device's ROM. So this is the way out. This info and file should be posted in a highly visible area, sticky or something? Someone posted that they flashed the stock recovery, but didn't post a file just said they used the custom recovery. I couldn't find any flashable zip of the STOCK recovery. I did however find an IMG of the stock recovery and I made it an MD5 file flashable with ODIN.

At last I get RELEASE from my OCD for the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I see no reason why it should not work for you as it has others.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Please share what you did differently to get it to work in case others may have the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605

i flashed stock! not necesarry unless you do something wrong i think.. then i installed supersu from play store. and then rebooted to download mode. and installed cwm with odin 3.09 and powered the device on. made it fully boot. then turned it off. then press power, volume up and home. and then cwm started. another might just start when connecting usb. one of them should work. then installed SUPERSU zip from Chainfire. download it from his page.. instead of that root zip that was supplied here. SUPERSU makes the difference i think.. do it like this and hopefully it will work out for you too! me and my girlfreind has now been sitting here on skype and using splashtop in 13 hours.. we managed to root her Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T110! succesfully!! Cheers!
    TWRP is reported to be causing problems for now. Please use CWM or Philz Touch (post 4) for now.

TWRP 2.7.0.1 (unofficial)

Click HERE to download the latest version.

I do not have a T110, so this recovery has not been tested by me. Please report if it works for you.

Same install instructions as above.

After installation, you may experience slow behavior in recovery if you use the button combination to boot into recovery. Using Quick Boot from the play store or any other software method to boot into recovery will solve this problem.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media/0".

Please report any issues here in this thread and be sure to include which recovery you are using.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you already have root, you can extract the recovery.img from this zip and flash it without Odin by using Flashify from the Play Store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE to download the latest version.
    Unofficial Philz Touch Advanced CWM recovery HERE for testing.

Credits to Phil3759. Original thread located HERE.