Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is only for XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550. Don't try it on anything else.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback

Not Working/Bugs
  • Camcorder (sometimes works on Footej)
  • VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL (should be back with the latest build)
  • Permissive SELinux

Installation
Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-osprey-3.1.1-r3.img or newer release is needed)

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
  2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
  3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
  4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  5. Wipe Dalvik cache
  6. Install the ROM zip
  7. DO NOT REBOOT
  8. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
  9. Reboot

N.B. Official LineageOS builds are unrooted, if you want this feature back flash su (arm) (available here) then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.
Unroot is even easier, just flash "su removal" package available at the previous linked page.
(not yet implemented)

Downloads
AndroidFileHost

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
Alberto97, squid2
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-04
Last Updated 2017-10-28

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
I'm using the ones you linked. Though the installation script doesn't work correctly so once the installation finishes you have to force a reboot
I didn't had to force restart those gapps work perfectly.. Even setup wizard went smoothly..
Thanks a lot @ALBERTO for Oreo love..:cowboy:

Sent from my Moto G 2015 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170905-013513.png
    Screenshot_20170905-013513.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 4,564
  • Screenshot_20170905-013518.png
    Screenshot_20170905-013518.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 4,546
  • Screenshot_20170905-013613.png
    Screenshot_20170905-013613.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 4,568

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
I didn't had to force restart those gapps work perfectly.. Even setup wizard went smoothly..
Thanks a lot @ALBERTO for Oreo love..:cowboy:

Sent from my Moto G 2015 using XDA Labs
Oh, good, now that I see your screenshots I forgot to mention that I was not sure if dual sim devices were working but it seems they do, even better.

Last edited:

arni664

Oct 22, 2015
Thank you! Marry me Alberto! [emoji173]️

Wysłane z mojego MotoG3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

M1810

Jul 6, 2017
Santa Fe
awesome! flashin as soon as i get home.
Just one question, the camera doesn't work or does it has bugs but can be used?

Last edited:

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
awesome! flashin as soon as i get home.
Just one question, the camera doesn't work or does it has bugs?

No camera works.

This is extremely sweet!!!
First boot is fast - 2 min and change.
Boot is fast. 20 sec incl bl
Tested gmail, BT, call in/out, OK Google, GPS, google maps, PoGo starts but "GPS sig not found" - wait until camera fixed!!!
PoGo works fine - had to do settings/apps/PoGo/permissions and turn location on.
Dev mode asks for pattern to allow!!!!!!!!!!
743MB!! on 2GB Osprey
Aug 5 sec level!!!

Couldn't find reboot to recovery(use "reboot recovery"/OBANIN(needs root)), shut off LED when charging.
WORKS!!!
Fantastic!!!

EDIT: majisk works, I have root and TBPro is restoring 45 apps. All seem to work. I am heading out. Later!

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Yes, I used this one (nano!) no probs so far! THANKS!!!

Last edited:

leandroprez26

Oct 28, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Great work @Alberto97, this is the taste of Oreo in ours Osprey. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-184755.jpg
    Screenshot_20170904-184755.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,961
  • Screenshot_20170904-184114.png
    Screenshot_20170904-184114.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,950
  • Screenshot_20170904-184101.png
    Screenshot_20170904-184101.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,935
  • Screenshot_20170904-184049.png
    Screenshot_20170904-184049.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,856
Reactions: Tomil01 and KrisM22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This is only for XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550. Don't try it on anything else.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback

Not Working/Bugs
    • Camcorder (sometimes works on Footej)
    • VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL (should be back with the latest build)
    • Permissive SELinux

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-osprey-3.1.1-r3.img or newer release is needed)

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
    9. Reboot

N.B. Official LineageOS builds are unrooted, if you want this feature back flash su (arm) (available here) then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.
    Unroot is even easier, just flash "su removal" package available at the previous linked page.
    (not yet implemented)

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    Alberto97, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-04
    Last Updated 2017-10-28
    Changelog

Changelog

28/10/2017
    • IMS/VoLTE is back (Not yet tested)
    • Fixed an issue where CMActions (now LineageActions) crashes on incoming calls

12/09/2017
    • Camera is partially working now (thanks @LuK1337)
    • CMActions is back
    • Settings crash on dual sim devices possibly fixed

04/09/2017 - Initial Release
    New build available.
    Now camera is working while camcorder works only on Footej as long you don't try to record a video on other cameras (Thanks to LuK for pointing out needed patches).
    CMActions has been implemented which means that Chop Chop and Double Twist gestures are now working and ambient display can be triggered in the same ways as Lineage 14.1.
    Also the settings crash on dual sim devices should be fixed.
    Just the last thing, the previous build did not have backuptool support. Then you have to flash gapps and everything else that relies on addon.d again.
    New release available, VoLTE should be back now (I can't test it) and the crash on incoming calls due to Proximity Silencer has been fixed.
    The latest TWRP release from squid2 (twrp-osprey-3.1.1-r3.img) is required in order to install this and newer builds.
    From the same post: "I'm going to release newer builds only after relevant changes in the sources. My SSD is dying and I'm trying to not stress it too much". That's why it's some time I'm not releasing anything.