[IDEA][6.5] Start menu Grid

Search This thread

casklaverstijn

Feb 11, 2009
Hello,

The Hexagon grid in WM 6.5 I think is very disorganized. So my idea is to change the grid of the start menu.

Iv'e made a image in paint to show my idea. (sorry for the crappy ms paint work.)

attachment.php

Can some one realize this? I would love to see this on my diamond.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• startmenu1.jpg
    startmenu1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,509
Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I read somewhere that it's (nearly) impossible to do it, the script that's responsible for the hexagon layout is hidden in a DLL.

littld

May 18, 2005
As far as I know, a reasonable compromise is if you use the folderview.exe from HTC (it's usually there if touchflo is installed).

yongck7

Jun 8, 2009
Hello,

The Hexagon grid in WM 6.5 I think is very disorganized. So my idea is to change the grid of the start menu.

Iv'e made a image in paint to show my idea. (sorry for the crappy ms paint work.)

attachment.php

Can some one realize this? I would love to see this on my diamond.

Thanks in advance!

I like the idea. It will be better if the start menu can organize by page so that same catagory of apps can group together...

Grigoriz

Mar 16, 2010
i think it would be easier if it is possible, pushing the start button to open up a new program with shortcuts, similar to that. Correct me if i m wrong.

hoangtumodel

Jan 16, 2010
hi, i like that Start menu Grid. I'm using HTC imagio and that Start menu is in my ship rom but when i flashed a customed rom, there isnt that start menu grid anymore. Hope someone can improve that :D

pepesz

Feb 22, 2008
+1

I like that idea, in fact I was asking about it in HD2 section - but no luck :(
I also tried to modify the .crp but no luck either.
Would be really nice to have it!

casklaverstijn

Feb 11, 2009
I really hope a developer sees this. We see allot of start menu modifications like lists. But i havent seen this normal grid menu!

milind_s16

Dec 30, 2007
Also, some way to scroll horizontally

I was thinking of the same idea... and with the ability to scroll horizontally...this would exactly look like the iPhone...

If this can be worked out by some expert chef.... we won't need any application to give it a iPhone like feel.....

Also, i think the earlier ROM's had horizontally aligned programs.... so its not new... just that it needs to be implemented in newer ROMs.

I am very much interested in this .....

yongck7

Jun 8, 2009
It will be good if it can catagorize the pages (with header). With that we choose to remove the sense to save ~30m of memory.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Definately interested in this. What I think would be better is a sense version of the start menu to totally hide the win mo look. It should look just like the program screen when you tap on a quick link to choose an ap from the program screen. Cookie should feature a cookie start menu into cookies home tab 1.81 :)

markiss77

Jun 7, 2010
Definately interested in this. What I think would be better is a sense version of the start menu to totally hide the win mo look. It should look just like the program screen when you tap on a quick link to choose an ap from the program screen. Cookie should feature a cookie start menu into cookies home tab 1.81 :)

Tboy,
I was about to say or thinking the same exact thing...

henrik.dk

Jun 20, 2008
**** microsoft. Anyone knows the stupid guy in m$ which come out with Hexagon layout idea?