AVRCP Metadata not submitting via Bluetooth.

Search This thread

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
So has anyone else come across this issue?
I haven't tested the google music player, but using Pandora, metadata were not being sent to the bluetooth player, just like the note 3 before it was updated to KK.

Any one else experience this?

fadercrusader

Sep 4, 2006
Leipzig
Bump!
Really miss that feature. I listen to a lot of unknown music in my car through Google play Music and i liked the metadata in my headunit. Tried several players to no avail.
Any Solutions yet?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

fadercrusader

Sep 4, 2006
Leipzig
Not Working :(

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I actually See AVRCP 1.3 being checked in the service menu. :confused:

crazeco

Oct 8, 2011
So has anyone else come across this issue?
I haven't tested the google music player, but using Pandora, metadata were not being sent to the bluetooth player, just like the note 3 before it was updated to KK.

Any one else experience this?

I'm having this issue as well. Mazda 3 nav unit. Very annoying.

helrich

Nov 2, 2012
Bumping this. I'm getting no tags (2nd gen Mazdaspeed 3). Some people have said they get it for music on the device just not for streaming i.e. Pandora. I get none from the built-in music player or Poweramp (or anything else). My GNex worked perfectly in this regard (after rooting and upgrading the BT stack), kinda disappointing that it doesn't work on a brand new handset.

Last edited:

fadercrusader

Sep 4, 2006
Leipzig
Have been playing with the BT-settings in the secret service menu. Tried checking and unchecking SIG profiles , Apt X, LG AVRCP 1.3, starting and stopping services in all combinations to no avail.
It is even written there in the menu. Just doesn't work. Shiznitz.

helrich

Nov 2, 2012
Have been playing with the BT-settings in the secret service menu. Tried checking and unchecking SIG profiles , Apt X, LG AVRCP 1.3, starting and stopping services in all combinations to no avail.
It is even written there in the menu. Just doesn't work. Shiznitz.

I'm not aware of that menu. There's also the "Audio channel" setting in the bluetooth options, but it looks like that would disable the calls/notifications... I also tried that AutoAudio app, it displays the info properly in the app, still doesn't show in the car though.

fadercrusader

Sep 4, 2006
Leipzig
Tap 3845#*855# in the Dialer - brings you straight to the Service menu.
If you have the international G3 D855 model that is.

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
I seem to recall this being the case on my S3 when it ran 4.4.2 and it got fixed when it bumped to 4.4.3, so maybe it's the android version that's the issue. I noticed the same thing and that was my first thought.

svenb352

Nov 10, 2012
I was having the same problem and can confirm that autoaudio fixed the problem in my 2014 Kia soul with the infinity audio upgraded head unit with nav. Works fine now :)??:)

tomkins0752

Dec 11, 2012
Some dump in the south
I was thumbing through some system files and I found this.

In the Bluetooth system settings, it shows a confirmation of using AVRCP 1.4 instead of 1.3.

Since I can't make a back up and I'm afraid of doing harm to my Verizon G3 (again,) maybe someone can look into this?

Its under system > etc > bluetooth as a file called device_config.xml

Just a thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-14-15-41-42-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-14-15-41-42-1.png
    205 KB · Views: 959

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I can confirm the Autoaudio app works on my ATT D850 and my Ford. I use Beats Music and it shows track information in my car.

jeebuspwnz

Aug 7, 2013
On my ATT 850, tags work around 50-60% of the time. It's strange. There's also quite a noticeable delay between tracks.

nickswe

May 1, 2013
Having the same issue with my D855 running 10h-EUR-XXX rom. Car is a Chevy Camaro ZL1 2014.

And I also get stutter in the audio transfer from time to time. Like a small lag... Very annoying!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This fixed it for me. Search Google Play "autoaudio" VW Golf 2014. Also shows most recent notifications which is nice.
    This fixed it for me. Search Google Play "autoaudio" VW Golf 2014. Also shows most recent notifications which is nice.

Thanks for this info, AutoAudio fixed this issue for me as well. As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug in the LG Rom's, but at least we have a workaround. Here is the direct link to the app for others to find:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.autoaudio

To those who AutoAudio didn't fix the issue for, like @americannight and @helrich and @Pesy - make sure of the following:

0.) The music app in question you're trying to use, must at least show it's track info, in the Notification shade in Android. Not all music apps do. That's where AutoAudio is trying to grab the track metadata from.

1.) You must be on Android 4.3 or higher, for Notification Access, which is what AutoAudio requires. Doubt this applies to any G3 users, but just noting it. This requires Android 4.3+

2.) You must give AutoAudio, Notification Access. This is because AutoAudio is "grabbing" the track info from your Notification shade in Android. To do this easily, in the AutoAudio app, click the button for "Go to Notification Access Settings" - then check AutoAudio in the list and say Yes/OK to the warning.

3.) AutoAudio will only work, while it's running. For this reason, there is a checkbox in the app for "Persistent Service" that you should check, which will keep it running. Otherwise, every time you reboot your phone, kill recent tasks etc, it'll stop, and it won't work anymore. By checking this option, it places a notification in your notification shade - however, you can click it, go to App Info in Android, and uncheck Show Notifications, if you want to hide it.

I am certain if any of you have problems getting this to work, it's one of those three things.
    Hello everyone. It seems that my Huwaei Ascend p7 have the same issue not being able to send metadata from Spotify app since its last update. This is driving me nuts!
    1) Are any ways to access the avcrp 1.3 on this device?
    2) I installed autoaudio and doesn't work.
    3) I installed fixify and doesn't work either.
    4) I installed every single app to try to fix the Bluetooth missing metadata problem and none worked.
    5) in priors update it was working without problems.
    6) In mooded Spotify apk it work, but the problem is that I can not download songs on my external 16g SD card.

Please, if anyone could fix this or have any ideas, I would be enchanted!

Huwaei ascend p7 rooted, android 4.4.2 Emui 2.3
    Spotify app V 4.9.0.992

Car unit LG multimedia Hyundai ix35 Windows CE 6.0

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk