[Q] hot to open a .LGU-File

Search This thread

jkdsoft

Sep 1, 2016
I've tried lgu2dir v2 and it doesn't work for me. I have a new hyundai tucson (european model) and may be its lgu format has changed.
A copy of upgrade.lgu can be found here: jkd.no-ip.biz/hyundai/firmware/085063_eu20_upgrade.lgu

Perhaps, a developer can get a working utility for this format.

Thank you

Reactions: kandom84

herrleon

Feb 17, 2017
lgu2dir

here you go - download attachment
it's a tool to convert lgu files to directory and vice versa

to be used in command line this way:
lgu2dir <path to lgu file> <path to folder where where the contents will be unpacked>
ex: lgu2dir upgrade.lgu root

Hallo. Of which there exists another version?

iherbak77

Jan 30, 2012
Hi!

It's been a while i know, but i would like to have the source code if possible of the tool to adapt to latest changes.
Could anybody help?

Thanks in advance,
István

NeeK9

Dec 5, 2018
Undeva
@djeman there is a new LGU archive, seams done under Linux OS.
Old tools are not recognizing anymore. Can be updated the tool?
I have seen you done a great job for old tool.
Thanks.

Last edited:

fatihmehmet1453_

Dec 23, 2019
[/COLOR]
'dir2lgu -p m1 ' is equal to 'dir2lgu -l -n "*MEDIA-NAV*" '.
'dir2lgu -p m2 ' is equal to 'dir2lgu -u -n "*MEDIA-NAV2*" '.

Do not use -p option with an another, it's just for rapid preset.

"content name" is the name of the content of your update, the name shows on the device in the update dialog.
"name label" ... it's a device label, this label is used by the update software, it's a protection to not flash a bad update. All devices do not use it.
My device is the medianav evolution. version 9.1.3 I create the lgu file like this; I create it with the command "dir2lgu -p m2 nng_restore new upgrade.lgu". I have tried many similar methods. In all methods, the device loads up to the 3rd line in 15 minutes. The device turns off. I'm looking at the Win CE side, and storage card 4 throws map files that need to be put into storage card 3. The device normally loads the lgu file I downloaded from the forums. This is the dir2lgu exe without opening anything and opening the lgu file I downloaded with lgu2dir.exe. Although I have closed it with, it still does not happen. Where am I doing wrong. Why does the storage card not throw into 4. I'm waiting for help. Thank you from now.

SM-A720F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozkanzng

Ozkanzng

Aug 20, 2020
Turkey

[/COLOR]My device is the medianav evolution. version 9.1.3 I create the lgu file like this; I create it with the command "dir2lgu -p m2 nng_restore new upgrade.lgu". I have tried many similar methods. In all methods, the device loads up to the 3rd line in 15 minutes. The device turns off. I'm looking at the Win CE side, and storage card 4 throws map files that need to be put into storage card 3. The device normally loads the lgu file I downloaded from the forums. This is the dir2lgu exe without opening anything and opening the lgu file I downloaded with lgu2dir.exe. Although I have closed it with, it still does not happen. Where am I doing wrong. Why does the storage card not throw into 4. I'm waiting for help. Thank you from now.

Usta "upgrade.lgu" dosyası cihazın sistem dosyası navigasyon için güncelleme yapacaksan eğer dosya adı "navigation_restore.lgu" olması gerek tekrar dene istersen

Ozkanzng

Aug 20, 2020
Turkey

[/COLOR]My device is the medianav evolution. version 9.1.3 I create the lgu file like this; I create it with the command "dir2lgu -p m2 nng_restore new upgrade.lgu". I have tried many similar methods. In all methods, the device loads up to the 3rd line in 15 minutes. The device turns off. I'm looking at the Win CE side, and storage card 4 throws map files that need to be put into storage card 3. The device normally loads the lgu file I downloaded from the forums. This is the dir2lgu exe without opening anything and opening the lgu file I downloaded with lgu2dir.exe. Although I have closed it with, it still does not happen. Where am I doing wrong. Why does the storage card not throw into 4. I'm waiting for help. Thank you from now.

denedim ama bende de aynı şekilde oluyor. forumlardan indirince anında yüklüyor ben değişiklik yapınca 3 cubuk ilerliyip başa sarıyor.

fatihmehmet1453_

Dec 23, 2019
denedim ama bende de aynı şekilde oluyor. forumlardan indirince anında yüklüyor ben değişiklik yapınca 3 cubuk ilerliyip başa sarıyor.
3 cesit oluşturma programi var 3 üde aynı. Bizdeki programlar çakma galiba orjinali rfc de yalçın 92 isimli üyede var ama paylaşma niyeti yok. Isı ticarete dökmüşler. :))

fatihmehmet1453_

Dec 23, 2019

These programs are not original. because as many files as I have created with this and similar programs, medianava was not loaded. Nobody wants to give the original program. Everyone is selfish.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New lgu tools available :)
    voila !

hy cracks :)

I have a car radio with windows ce - manufacturer lg.
    I would like to customize the firmware upgrade (change images....).
    somebody has an idea how I can unpack the upgrade.LGU file and pack again later?
    can´t find tools for this :(

thank you for your help

here you go - download attachment
    it's a tool to convert lgu files to directory and vice versa

to be used in command line this way:
    lgu2dir <path to lgu file> <path to folder where where the contents will be unpacked>
    ex: lgu2dir upgrade.lgu root
    thank you - you are my hero
    the tool works great
    you know a way to convert the files back to a lgu-file too?

yes, see the attachment

Usage: dir2lgu <content name> <in folder> <out lgu file>
    need a new lgu2dir for a newer version of .lgu files

Hello guys,
    seems like lg made a new version of the car radio with windows ce, and the new .lgu files can not be opened by the old tools.

Thanks.
    I've tried lgu2dir v2 and it doesn't work for me. I have a new hyundai tucson (european model) and may be its lgu format has changed.
    A copy of upgrade.lgu can be found here: jkd.no-ip.biz/hyundai/firmware/085063_eu20_upgrade.lgu

Perhaps, a developer can get a working utility for this format.

Thank you