Viper4Android Convolver not working on my M8

Search This thread

J Double You

May 18, 2012
Hi all,

Is anyone else having an issue with the convolver? That and Field Surround?

I have tried Stock, SkyDragon twice, one with Sound Explosion Mod and the other time with Project ERA, I'm now on my third installation after stock and I'm on ViperOne M8 ROM.

It's been the same issue on each ROM. No convolver!

I made sure to try all the compatibility tweaks like disabling LPA, installing as a system app and even installing an older version of Viper4Android but nothing has worked!

I have been using V4A for nearly two years now so I know we need to enabled expert mode in the UI, that's already done. I have also put all the IRS samples in the kernel folder and they are detected by V4A.

Have I missed something?

Selecting an IRS sample and enabling the convolver does nothing. If I hadn't read through this post I would have imagined it was a compatibility issues: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699381

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

asianflavor

Oct 15, 2009
Momence
Just a little bump.....

First off, watch out bumping your own thread... it's frowned upon here. Is V4A even working and what player are you using? Quick way to check is to uncheck/check the master power at the top repeatedly to make sure you hear a difference. If not, you may have to go into the settings and enable FX compatible mode. You can try Sinless GPE ROM since jaydee has it built into the ROM. Just have to enable the main power and you are good.

J Double You

May 18, 2012
My sincere apologies..... I won't do that again.

Thanks for the advice bro!

For the most part V4A seems to be working. EQ changes are apparent and Viper Bass and Clarity work too. In fact everything but the Convolver and Field Surround work.

I have tried compatible mode, forcing V4A, installing as a system app, none of which have made any difference!

I genuinely don't think it's anything I'm doing (or not), but you never know! But from what I can see most people have it sussed on the thread linked above.

I have posted there to see if anyone can offer any suggestions.

Need to go see what the differences are with GPE, don't want to lose any features. I've always tried to use roms as close to stock android as possible but I actually quite like Sense 6!!!

J Double You

May 18, 2012
In answer to my own question, it helps if you have the IRS files directly in the kernel folder.

I had batch extracted a few IRS zips to the folder but they were extracted with sub folders. They were showing in the list in V4A but selecting the IRS same did nothing.

Anyway, glad it's sorted. Wooohooo!!

Let this be a lesson......

Sherl

Nov 23, 2010
Monaco
In answer to my own question, it helps if you have the IRS files directly in the kernel folder.

I had batch extracted a few IRS zips to the folder but they were extracted with sub folders. They were showing in the list in V4A but selecting the IRS same did nothing.

Many thanks. It saved me.

Reactions: condor020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many thanks. It saved me.