(Request) New Android L bootanimation, font, keyboard

Search This thread

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
I whipped up a CWM/TWRP flashable ZIP to enable the Android L boot animation. Flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip if you want to leave your current boot sounds, and flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip if you want the script to rename the PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

This script will backup the original /system/bin/bootanimation so you can easily revert the changes.

I tested this on my N900T running EffortLess ROM Rev 6 (NF1) w/ Aurora Kernel, though I'm fairly sure it would work on other ROMs/variations.

Enjoy!
Nice job on this!

Just as a heads up, for anyone running my little rom attempts (tweaked) I did some hijinx already to make bootanimation.zip stuff happy - so all you'll need is the boot ani zip dropped in /system/media. If you want to go back to the sammy-based qmg boot ani stuff all you need to do is delete/rename that bootanimation.zip in /system/media.

Thanks again @crackpot for doing this!

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
I whipped up a CWM/TWRP flashable ZIP to enable the Android L boot animation. Flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip if you want to leave your current boot sounds, and flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip if you want the script to rename the PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

This script will backup the original /system/bin/bootanimation so you can easily revert the changes.

I tested this on my N900T running EffortLess ROM Rev 6 (NF1) w/ Aurora Kernel, though I'm fairly sure it would work on other ROMs/variations.

Enjoy!

Worked perfectly

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jsaradhi

Jan 18, 2012
Using a root explorer, go first into the libs folder and delete the google latinime.
Then in the app folder delete the latinime.
Next go to data/data and there should also be one there too with similar name.

Just to be safe, I'd reboot an clear both caches.

Then try flashing my zip. Its worked well for a few so far:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

It still did not work. My Samsung keyboard was gone too...so I had no keyboard lol..I was flashing updated nf1 effortless ROM...so I got the keyboards back...but it was weird not having keyboards lol. I'll try it again and see if I can get L keyboard. Thanks.

crackpot

Oct 25, 2009
SC
crackpot.ws

Enjoy!

I forgot to post this last night, but I also created another zip file which, when flashed, will restore the backups that the original zip changed. This will basically put the boot animation back to stock and restore the sounds, if those were changed.

Attachments

• tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_reset.zip
    140.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: DrawnToLife

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Has anyone asked for the dialer apk that's what I really want to its so cool.

DEMON GALAXY NO SOULS NOTED !!!!!

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Has anyone asked for the dialer apk that's what I really want to its so cool.

DEMON GALAXY NO SOULS NOTED !!!!!

It would have to be made for a Samsung phone first.

Going from one carrier to another there are a few things that will not work.

Phone, contacts, and MMS.

Things like the keyboard are more of a standalone product. You can switch between. You can't switch out those types of things.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

It still did not work. My Samsung keyboard was gone too...so I had no keyboard lol..I was flashing updated nf1 effortless ROM...so I got the keyboards back...but it was weird not having keyboards lol. I'll try it again and see if I can get L keyboard. Thanks.

I can't seem to find the original post from the guy who made this, but here is a full apk of the keyboard. It is supposed to install as any other one does.

I've not tried it as mine works fine. But figured I'd pass it along.

Again, this isn't mine. I just found the link buried 50 pages deep. Lol

http://d-h.st/YmI

Reactions: diamantericos

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Just caught wind that the Android L Material Keyboard is now available on Google Play. It's free and is supported on our devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.shenye.android.inputmethod.latin

I haven't tried it, since I use SwiftKey, let me know how it is!

From what I've read its not the same thing. The one we had here is a beta for testing.
There is a guy who's been theming google keyboards and he said its more of a theme over the original.
I'm just waking up now. I'm gonna tear into the single apk I posted here an see what I can do with it.
If I can do some changes to it, I'll get it posted up before I leave for work

Reactions: noellenchris

AFourg

Feb 28, 2011
city that never sleeps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy!
    I can make a mod to include the new font?
    So for example, you could select it from settings? Would that work?

I just saw all of the parts. I'll see what I can do in a bit. I've almost got 2 more versions of my theme done so I'm not stopping. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

What rom are you running now? How many fonts are in your chooser?

If you have a modded font pack with 400+, it may be hard to figure out which ones are new.

hey, here are the fonts.

I just added it to a zip i made.

you will now have a buttload of fonts. the L font is roboto. there are like 8 versions of it.

havent figured out how to port the keyboard yet. its missing a lib or two
    Just crashes on me

I just saw all of the parts. I'll see what I can do in a bit. I've almost got 2 more versions of my theme done so I'm not stopping. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Just crashes on me

What rom are you running now? How many fonts are in your chooser?

If you have a modded font pack with 400+, it may be hard to figure out which ones are new.

Is the one you made the same? Or should we delete the current and flash?

How'd you get the smiley instead of the enter key?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Umm, I don't know how the key is different. Its the same one. I'm currently running tweaked nf1. That screen was from hangouts. This is what it looks like now.
    uploadfromtaptalk1403908762327.jpg