Updated: Reverting back to the AT&T or HTC ROM and SPL for Warranty or return

Search This thread

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
I have a rom by helmi, but now I have a problem with HW keyboard a i wanna send it on warranty. I flash ROM back to the official HTC, but I have a problem with send back SPL. I have KaiserCustomRUU.exe with RUU_signed.nbh in same directory, I run SSPL-KAIS.exe on phone and after bootloader screen i run KaiserCustomRUU on PC. After verifing PDA it crash down by connection problem.

Can anybody help me?

after you run KAIS-SSPL.exe on the phone, are you unplugging and then re-plugging in the USB cable? You must do this for SSPL to work.

Let me know.

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
My screen and front buttons are kind of loose, so I'd like to exchange my Tilt. But SSPL-KAIS.exe doesn't seem to be available anymore (crackedconsole.com says I'm not authorized to download it). Is there some other way to restore the SPL? Sorry for the newbie question. Any help would be appreciated.

If you've installed Hard-SPL the only way I know of currently to reflash your SPL is to use the SSPL. I just checked and the link I have in my first post still works.

Cheers,
D

zaggy

Oct 8, 2007
If you've installed Hard-SPL the only way I know of currently to reflash your SPL is to use the SSPL. I just checked and the link I have in my first post still works.

Cheers,
D
Sirchyro,

Thanks for the quick reply. It turns out it was a problem with the temp file that was created when I tried to download it that then also kept me from downloading it again. I downloaded from crackedconsole using bittorent with no problems. Thanks for putting these instructions together.

Z

k2boy22

Oct 10, 2007
Some Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If when in the boot loader screen is it fine that mine shows:
kais1*0
SPL-1.56.0000
CPLD-8

Will I be able to return my phone back to ATT for a refund?

I only have two days left to return my phone. Someone please confirm.

Last edited:

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
If when in the boot loader screen is it fine that mine shows:
kais1*0
SPL-1.56.0000
CPLD-8

Will I be able to return my phone back to ATT for a refund? Please respond back to me at mike_evans@comcast.net

I only have two days left to return my phone. Someone please confirm.

Yup looks good Mike. Also replied to your PM. But for everyone else who has this question and didn't see it earlier in the thread... This is what your bootloader should read when returning it to AT&T (See Above).

axeman

Oct 27, 2007
HELP!

Hi, I bought a TYTN 2 in Singapore. It is very sluggish so i tht of putting the default ROM back on it as said on this site.

I got the ROM Update file for HTC and ran it.

I get a
---
Image Version 1.81.707.0

To:
Image Version 1.56.405.5
---
on the utility and then when u start the process a message this cannot be used for your 'vender'.

Any tips anyone?

Last edited:

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
Hi, I bought a TYTN 2 in Singapore. It is very sluggish so i tht of putting the default ROM back on it as said on this site.

I got the ROM Update file for HTC and ran it.

I get a
---
Image Version 1.81.707.0

To:
Image Version 1.56.405.5
---
on the utility and then when u start the process a message this cannot be used for your 'vender'.

Any tips anyone?

This thread is for reverting to a stock SPL... you need to first HARD-SPL your device if you want to load other ROMs. In other words, your device is still CID locked.

axeman

Oct 27, 2007
This thread is for reverting to a stock SPL... you need to first HARD-SPL your device if you want to load other ROMs. In other words, your device is still CID locked.

Got that. Thanks.
This means that i just HARD-SPL and then i can load any ROM file, stock or other. Then i get back to the orig spl following the steps on Pg. 1.
Lets see. Starting now.

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
Got that. Thanks.
This means that i just HARD-SPL and then i can load any ROM file, stock or other. Then i get back to the orig spl following the steps on Pg. 1.
Lets see. Starting now.

Just so we're clear... unless you're just playing/testing there is absolutely no reason to flash the stock SPL back to your phone UNLESS you are going to return it back to ATT/HTC/(Insert your carrier here).

It is best (and safest) to leave HardSPL on your phone when you are playing with Cooked ROMs (or even you own carrier's ROMs).

Cheers.

c0mm0n

Oct 29, 2007
Hi guys,

I need some help to revert my Kaiser to v1615.

I got the v1615 rom in nbh format, but don't figure out out to flash it, so i'm stuck at first step.

I'm a HTC newbie, so i understand my issue is probably trivial, but i can't figure out which tool to use...

Thx for your help

c0mm0n

c0mm0n

Oct 29, 2007
Well i figured it out

Just use the CUstomRUU tool and put the nbh file in the same folder, and you're done

c0mm0n

Oct 29, 2007
Stuck for the following step :
- I can't get any RUU_signed.nbh from the SFR v1615 ROM

Plz help

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
Stuck for the following step :
- I can't get any RUU_signed.nbh from the SFR v1615 ROM

Plz help

are you following my guide??? If so, I'm not sure which ROM you're working with but based on your previous posts it sounds like you already have the NBH file. If you're dealing with a cooked ROM I doubt you're going to have the OS.nb file within that NBH but I could be wrong.

In your case, since you already have an NBH, substitute RUU_signed.NBH with whatever your NBH file is named.

If I'm totally off, give me much much more detail next time you post... and better yet, if no one has posted after you, edit your previous posts instead of littering my thread.

Thanks!!

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
Sorry for multiple posts.

My issue is that i can't get the SPL file from v1615 rom. When i extract the nbh file i just get a OS.nb file nothing else :/

The nbh is here : http://c0mm0n.free.fr/kaiser

right... this is because it's a cooked ROM, you can only get SPL from a carrier or manufacturer released ROM. Note I said released, this does not include ROMs which were rebuilt from dumps. If you want to flash the SPL the only two I know of are the HTC and ATT ones.

Good Luck.

sl_uk2

Aug 1, 2007
Leigh on Sea
orange rom

HI there i have got an orange tytn II - i only flashed duttys os rom

if i want to go back to orignal rom, i have dumped the rom from my phone and created nbh so i can get back the original rom.

how do i get back the original spl

many thanks

sl

ApexPredatorBoids

Oct 5, 2007
Lancaster, Pa
At step 12 I ran SSPL.KAIS.exe and the bootloader screen came up like it should. But after that I"m not sure if I have an activesync connection or not when it comes time to run KaiserCustomRUU. I unplugged and replugged the USB cord but the AS icon never went green. According to activesync the phone isn't connected but it does say USB accross the bootloader screen. I continued anyway on to step 13 anyway and ran the KaiserCustomRUU and it went thru the motions like it was properly installed. But now that it's finished I can't get into the bootloader mode to see if it worked. I tried about a dozen times by holding the power and camera buttons while doing a soft reset but all it does it the soft reset..no bootloader. Any ideas?

sl_uk2

Aug 1, 2007
Leigh on Sea
boot loader

At step 12 I ran SSPL.KAIS.exe and the bootloader screen came up like it should. But after that I"m not sure if I have an activesync connection or not when it comes time to run KaiserCustomRUU. I unplugged and replugged the USB cord but the AS icon never went green. According to activesync the phone isn't connected but it does say USB accross the bootloader screen. I continued anyway on to step 13 anyway and ran the KaiserCustomRUU and it went thru the motions like it was properly installed. But now that it's finished I can't get into the bootloader mode to see if it worked. I tried about a dozen times by holding the power and camera buttons while doing a soft reset but all it does it the soft reset..no bootloader. Any ideas?

there i knack to it hold camera and power buttons together soft reset but keep hold of the other two buttons after you remove the stylus from soft reset bool loader should appear

steven

ApexPredatorBoids

Oct 5, 2007
Lancaster, Pa
No luck so far. No matter what I do it just does a soft reset still.

**Ok I'm an idiot. Apparently you have to hold the camera and power buttons in for like 5 seconds before bootloader shows up. I don't remember having to hold them in that long with my Hermes. Thanks ALOT for your help.**

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts