HTC Hero (Android) Release Date: 10/11/2009

Search This thread

bastage

Nov 25, 2008
well hopefully for sprint customers they dont nerf the ram in it for the US version like they did the mytouch..

that being said I cant say I am excited for it.. makes no difference to me as I already have a mytouch & can honestly say that I like its styling much better then the hero's.. & Since I dont like the sence ui there would be no real gain for me any who.. But I Do know alot of people are excited for it & the more people using android the more people develop good stuff for it so thats always a bonus..

Orangeandblue302

Jul 31, 2009
Delaware
to run the touch UI software properly, i dont think they can lower the specs. Unless they do a new version of it but that would probably push back the release date. I have a feeling sprint wont mess this one up.

thedeathofme

Aug 6, 2009
HTC Hero/T-Mobile G2 Touch is going to be released in Austria tomorrow (07. August 2009) and will start at 149 €.

P.S. I can buy Hero for ca. 110 € because of the online discount. But I am still not shure if I should buy Hero or G1, which I can have for free. Which one would you recommend?

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

kamirza

Jul 10, 2008
htc hero android

I have bought a hero which is Android. This has been out for two weeks now. It is much more responsive than a diamond which I have but the res and font quality is no match. I am looking for people who are interested in Android development . Thanks.

llmask

Nov 30, 2007
Thanks Daniel....
Could I call you Dan?
Dan, I have a question...

Is your last name "Hesse"? :D

kamasi36

Aug 8, 2008
Canyon Country
Running firmware 1.6. build number dream_devphone...DRC8314721 test keys. I have my G1 SPL 1.33.2005 and latest radio 2.22.19.261. My problem is I can't get recovery flash image back 1.4 and i am unable to flash anothjer rom from storage . keep getting sdcard no such files found error installation aborted. I tried renaming it to update, update.zip and still same thing. So, I'm stuck on this build and can't get any further. I've searched all over but no working solutions for me so far. I've tried 3 different memory cards same issue. Need someones help.

poulosjr

Aug 5, 2008
Chicago
I just installed 2.1 on my Unlocked Hero When I try to change the HTCSense Clock widget or Weather to modify the city for both I keep getting these errors

Sorry!
The application Weather(process com.elroy.Weather) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Sorry!
The application Clock(process com.htc.android.worldclock)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

poulosjr

Aug 5, 2008
Chicago
also when I connect to a WiFi Network and try to disable WiFi it will right away connect me, and I dont have an "auto connect" set up

tb5...

Oct 19, 2007
Toronto
Htc telus hero rom issue

Hello,

I require a rom for my telus device which will enable me to downgrade the rom which is currently installed. This way i can upgrade to a customized rom perhaps the macado rom suggested by theunlockr.com.

Can you please provide some direction as to where i would find such a rom that will enable me to unroot my telus hero then root again!? I have tried WWE(world wide english) roms and roms created for T-Mobile + Sprint in hope that they may have worked.

Greatly Appreciated!