[OTA] Full Package and Update (29/09/2011)

Search This thread

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
That is one version of the stock software that came on the tablet, just check what you're tablet current build number is. Settings > about tablet >build number and see if it matches the updates that were posted here

Oh, I know that. But manfly's post reads like that's what he got AFTER doing the update in the OP...

_motley

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks, exactly what I needed. Downloaded the zip with Firefox mobile (good for downloads), then updated and re-rooted with gingerbreak....all in 5 minutes :)

Update easilly your A500 from 1.139.05 to 1.141.05 (update.zip)

What you need :

A microSD card
A computer

1. Download the update file : http://localhostr.com/file/BHzHkRK/update.zip (thx to thor2002ro for his update decrypter)

2. Put the update.zip on the root on the externel microSD using a usb card reader or what you want. (it doesn't work using internal memory)

3. Turn off your tablet.

4. Boot with Vol- + Power, it will launch the recovery and start the flash procedure.

5. Wait your tablet to reboot.

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Update easilly your A500 from 1.139.05 to 1.141.05 (update.zip)

What you need :

A microSD card
A computer

1. Download the update file : http://localhostr.com/file/BHzHkRK/update.zip (thx to thor2002ro for his update decrypter)

2. Put the update.zip on the root on the externel microSD using a usb card reader or what you want. (it doesn't work using internal memory)

3. Turn off your tablet.

4. Boot with Vol- + Power, it will launch the recovery and start the flash procedure.

5. Wait your tablet to reboot.

Ok, so I ran the update on my 139.05. My system still says I'm on 139.05 but I did lose all widgets on home screen, including the Acer clock.
I lost root and had to re-run Gingerbreak
Also I lost my wifi connection and had to reinstall the*ko files in /system/lib/modules/

How is it that my build number is still the same? /cache/recovery/last_log says "patch not needed" for most of files except 1 or 2

Last edited:

mylesd0902

Jan 8, 2011
update error

i have build 1.104.02_COM_GEN1, downloaded 1.104.02_1.144.07_COM_GEN1, used the decrypter, unpacked decrypted zip, and copied update.zip to the root of my external sd.... after turning off the tablet and powering up while holding vol- i get the

/ \
/ ! \
/_____\

(ANDROID)

tablet restarts... build still 1.104.02_COM_GEN1....:confused:

RESOLVED: tried updating w a new sd card... success

Last edited:
Reactions: manuelangelpr

amtzone

Jan 11, 2011
Earth Fill With Android

is it holding the (-) or (+) button??or both?:confused:

edit : ok i figure it out.....thanks for the update....

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Quick request... As this is something we're flashing our tabs with, could you please post up the MD5 hash for the file, so that we can verify the download before flashing it?

Ta.

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Ok, so I ran the update on my 139.05. My system still says I'm on 139.05 but I did lose all widgets on home screen, including the Acer clock.
I lost root and had to re-run Gingerbreak
Also I lost my wifi connection and had to reinstall the*ko files in /system/lib/modules/

How is it that my build number is still the same? /cache/recovery/last_log says "patch not needed" for most of files except 1 or 2

Sorry for the noise I picked the wrong update.zip file

kebsood

Jul 29, 2007
how big is the file supposed to be. when I download it its 2.3kb which doesn't seem right. flashing it does nothing.

Sent from my A500

JaeKar99

Oct 14, 2010
Twinky Flats
Is there any associated benifit to flashing any of these updates. I cannot find anything change log or list of corrections in this thread.

Bloodbreed

Jun 28, 2008
Luxembourg
hey there, I still have version Acer_a500_1.103.05comgen1,I m checking everyday but not getting any update.is there a way to install the 104 so that I can install the update of this forum.

Thanxxxx

Top Liked Posts