[Q] Asian Version Custom ROM?

Search This thread

Queueyou

Jan 2, 2011
I am currently in China and would love to get the asian version due to the faster clock on the processor....

I have bought a chinese android phone before here, and it does NOT come with google apps or google store installed / etc. If I buy this an M8 here, I'm sure I can work my way around rooting / installing recovery, however, are most ROMs going to be compatible?

I am an American and I need the phone to work well in the states, however I tend to travel to China a lot. I would like the stronger Chinese version, but don't wan to miss out on having the apps / etc I'm already used to having.

As far as I have seen from searching the internet / etc, it seems the processor is snapdragon 801 but a slightly different model number. Would I still be able to flash a generic GSM rom with no problems? I don't want to pay higher than I would in the states for a phone that I could never customize to the point of it thinking/acting like it's an american phone, and I can't find any details ROMs that specifically state anything about the asian version of this phone.

Overall, does anyone know of any hardware differences besides the processor from the USA GSM variants? And will a custom ROM here work for the asian version of the phone? And/Or could I find a way to install the GPe version and it work (Best case if possible imo)?

Last edited: