Search This thread

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading

Om5JO.jpg

KpH1x.jpg

About
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Brought to infuse by scott.hart.bti
Special Thanks to Nun (Thanks for teaching me to do things the right way.), Yuma (Thanks for being able to answer every build/git question i have), JT (Thanks for fixing a majority of the issues we had), Araemo (Although you dont have much free time, you have spent alot of it helping out to get this build on track, Thank you for that.), PoX(Thanks for suggestions and feedback and heapsize changes), Entropy for all your contributions that you make everyday, elliot.newnham for making the OP look great! ... the list would go on forever, Everyone else that has contributed... The list would go on for days

Donate to Cyanogenmod
Donate to scott.hart.bti

Instructions

Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)
  • Obtain CWM, this can be done using Jscotts Odin back to stock (Follow instructions and use SGS kernal flasher to obtain CWM)
  • Run Qksters IMEI backup script here
  • Make certain you are on ICS, this can be done by flashing Entropy's CM9
  • It is recommended now that you remove your SD Card
  • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
  • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads sectoion
  • ... The package will start to install..
  • ... Phone will reboot into the install screen again...
  • ... Continue to install [Automatically] If not manually flash again
  • ... Phone will reboot again and be at the recovery screen...
  • Install Gapps: Here (the latest for JB 4.2.1 - 12/12/12) - Working swipe! ---- Here (the latest for JB 4.1.2) - New GAPPs 10/11/2012
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

Coming from JB(4.1)

Downloads
Make Certain you read this ENTIRE post before Downloading... I know you didn't, so Go back and read it! :good:
Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 10/27/13 - MTD - Mirror - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 9/23/13 - MTD - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 9/22/13 - MTD - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Hints
  • Our webpage: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/
  • If you have lost your IMEI, look here or follow instructions starting with "Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)" (Yes you need to ODIN back to stock)
  • If you are having GPS connection issues place you phone in direct view of sky with maps open, Data ON, GPS ON, and screen timeout to never. Let it obtain a full lock. This will download/update your AGPS data and should improve lock times.
  • If you are having battery issues, please let the phone settle down. This may take a couple days for data to 100% sync and SD cards to be fully searched. Reboots often fix "Android OS" battery issues.
  • If you would like to try out different modems: Flashable Modem Thread for MTD. Thanks to blscallions!!

Trouble
  • If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

Change Log

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 10/27/13 - MTD - Mirror
* Merged latest CM sources. Everything up to date.
* Few kernel optimizations and reverted a questionable change from past build.
* Finally converted the infuse device settings to the new CM 10.2 CMHW standards. Vibrator control tested and is working fine with new setup. Accessed from settings - more - other device options. mdnie controls are accessed from settings - display - advanced display settings.

Unofficial CM10.2 - 9/23/2013 - MTD
* Same as before + telephony fix to finally fix the issue where data would drop during voice usage. Huge thanks to pawit for the fix!

Unofficial CM10.2 - 9/22/2013 - MTD
* Selinux finally added and working for the infuse. Tooks alot of updating and backporting, but its working.
* couple fixes kernel side.
* Added sync to kernel
* Added sw sync to kernel
* Added cgroup timer slack to the kernel
* Latest CM sources as of a couple hours ago.

Unofficial CM 10.2 - 8/5/2013 - MTD

* Android 4.3!
* Fixed 'crackling' (it only takes one bug report and one confirmation for me to fix something... not pages of complaints.)

Unofficial CM10.1 - 7/14/2013 - MTD

* Merged sources from CM with numerous fixes/improvements and additions
* **** ton of kernel improvements and fixes.
* updated net/data/wireless source files.
* Fixed 2g/3g toggle
* Bootmode support added to the kernel. Fixes rare cases where when the user reboots they end up rebooting into recovery instead of booting normally.
* Tons of improvements and fixes kernel wide.

CM10.1 - 6/16/2013 -
With all the kernel/device improvements, please DO A FULL wipe/format before flashing!
* HUGE HUGE HUGE progress Kernel side. Updated kernel wide.
* Added Viper Audio! This app is AMAZING. You NEED to try it. When you first open it, it will ask to install a lib, just select "CortexA8 with NEON" from the list. After that, just reboot and your good to go.
* Updated our touchscreen drivers so they no longer need legacy code to suppor them
* Ported cpufreq and cpuidle drivers to latest kernel source code
* Improved Ondemand and Interactive governors - No longer any legacy code
* Updated kernel workqueue... no longer legacy
* Numerous fixes from CodeAurora kernel wide
* Updated our File system drivers
* Updated Lowmemorykiller, Timed GPIO, and Binder. (kernel)
* Updated our UV/OV code. Much more efficient. (Kernel)
* Updated to BFQ v4 (kernel)
* Much much much more work to the kernel.

CM10.1 - 5/19/2013 -
Mainly kernel changes/optimizations
Merged latest CM source code
Added Vibration intensity controls! - Settings - advanced - vibration controls
Added autogrouping abilities on the kernel side
Minor wifi changes
Backported BFQ scheduler
Backported Interactive governor (includes boost support)!

****Definitely recommend a full wipe/format before flashing!****

CM10.1 - 5/9/2013 - New CM build is up with the new partition layout. DO NOT proceed without reading this first. You may want to remove your external sdcard as there have been a few reports in the past that it messed things up. Safety first! When you go to flash it, it will give you a warning about being incompatible and it will erase your data... You will need to flash it again for it to start to flash. It will reboot and go back into flashing.... It will reboot again and come back to normal recovery screen. From this point, the build is finished installing and you can install GAPPs or any extras you may want to use. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT under any circumstance flash the old BLNnTouchwake packages until i update them... You will be completely F'ed.... Need i say more? - 5/12/2013 - BLN packages updated. Please use links above.

Enjoy the new partition layout and remember to thank araemo for figuring out what was needed to use the new partition setup for our device.
Latest CM sources have been merged and overlay has been added to our device tree to finally fix dock audio. It now works and routes correctly.

CM10.1 - 5/4/2013 - Id highly suggest a full wipe/format when flashing the new build. There have been a bunch of kernel changes and board changes on the device end. Failure to wipe could result in ****ty underwear and a ****ty experience. Optimized the kernel as much as possible with our current setup. Also merged latest CM sources.

CM10.1 - 3/30/2013 - Browser issue from the 3/28 build is fixed.

CM10.1 - 3/28/2013 - Status/notification freezing issue finally resolved! Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/24/2013 - Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/16/2013 - Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/2/2013 - Nothing major, just a 'keep up to date' build. Alot of minor fixes and cleanups on the CM source side.

CM10.1 - 2/15 - Android 4.2.2 has been stuffed into cm10.1! Not going to list the android source changes, look them up on your own. As for the build, I removed the p2p code as it wasnt working as it shouldve been anyways (actually should have done this awhile back). Removed the overlay for notification light settings since we dont have them. used the default audio policy from the cm build instead of the device specific one we were using. Few other things i dont recall at this time. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10.1 - 2/3 - New build is up. Couple minor changes in the device tree, but nothing worth noting. Mostly CM source update.

CM10.1 - 1/14 - New build is up. Sorry for the delay. Couple minor kernel changes and a minor bluetooth change device side. Other then that, this is mainly just a build to keep up to date with CM source code since its been awhile.

CM10.1 - 12/29 - Freed up more RAM!! We are now up to 501 MB of free RAM. Not sure there is anything else left that we can squeeze RAM out of. If you remember correctly, with ICS and early jellybean builds, we had 444 MB of RAM or somewhere around there... So in total, jut under 60 MB of RAM has been freed since the jellybean builds have started. I did some very minor cleanup on the device side (nothing major as our device repo is right where it needs to be). I also cherry-picked a couple options to add the rocket launcher option back into the mix. You can use this by going to settings -> display -> day dream -> rocket launcher. Just a neat little thing that i decided to add. Also added a commit from JT that adds slight transparency to the status bar notification background. Other then that, just alot of CM source merges. Check it out!

CM10.1 - 12/19 - Pretty much a must have as far as im concerned if your running cm10.1, you want to update to this build. I have added the latest linaro tool chain to the kernel and built it with linaro. For those of you that are not aware of linaro, please do some searching before posting about it. This is the first time ive built the kernel with a linaro tool chain, but have heard good things so figured we would give it a shot. Updated the kernel compression files which should improve boot time. I also went and disabled the tvout and mhl files from building into the kernel. I cant prove that it was hurting anything having them included, but it seemed that every kmsg had lines in it referring to tvout issues, so i figured id disable it since it should have been disabled a long time ago since we do not have working MHL and tvout at this point... and probably not any time soon. Reverted a couple changes that i think may have been causing minor issues for us which should prove to make things even more solid. Not much was done on the device side of our repo this update. The important things are the changes i have mentioned to the kernel and also merged the latest CM source code, which is always a good thing since they are still adding code at an impressive rate.

CM10.1 - 12/16 - This update should fix issues with Bluetooth. The only changes in this build are for bluetooth and also merged latest CM source since last night. Im 99% sure that BT is now fixed..

CM10.1 - 12/15 - This is a big update, you definitely want to update to this one. Both wifi and wifi tethering have been fixed. Wifi sleep disconnect issue should be better now thanks to code from pawtip without any of the negative side effects. Wifi tethering has been fixed thanks to entropy forwarding the legacy wifi tether code, seems to be working as it should. The bluetooth button from the settings menu is working again and seems to be fine. Alot of new code has been merged in the CM side of things. They have some new things that they added as well as things ported from the original CM10. There is also a new gapps package available, but i had to modify it as the gapps were outdated and causing issues. I updated the gapps and uploaded the 12-12 package on my goo found at http://www.goo.im/devs/scotthartbti/gapps.

CM10.1 - 12/11 - Will update tomorrow. Link is up.

CM10.1 - 4.2.1 - 12/2 - enabled/merged source for samsung stk. Made another change to GPS and it should be all set. Added overlay to our device source files to modify the clock dpi settings so that it fits correctly from the lock screen. Couple of changes to wireless on the kernel side of things to adjust for the way 4.2.1 is setup. Wireless should be working perfectly at this point. Specified a limit of 5 user profiles and CM source has it setup that you can add the user profile switching to the power menu for quick switching. Re-enabled expanded desktop mode. Alot of other CM source code changes have been pushed out and continue to be pushed out. All and all, 4.2.1 is coming together incredibly smooth. Please use the GAPPs package i have on my goo account located at http://goo.im/devs/scotthartbti/gapps. It is the 11-29 package and does not give me any issues. I modified the package so that the text swipe is now working correctly and the web browswer does not force close. Please make sure you do a full wipe and wipe dalvik and FORMAT /SYSTEM before flashing this new build and the modified 11-29 GAPPs package.

***Note, if you use a different GAPPs package then the one i suggest and have any issues, do not post about it.***

CM10 - 4.2.1 - 11/29 - Performance options are hidden by default with the developer options (cm change, dont blame me). To get them back, just simply tap the build number in the about phone section numerous times until you see a message saying you are a developer. USB is fully functional and even better... so is USB tethering. Wifi seems to be working pretty good and i have not noticed any drops since a change that was made on the kernel side. Live wallpapers are working fine also. Now... on to GPS... I do have it working, but its not 100 percent yet. This is the deal. If you try to use GPS and it does not work within a minute or two, you need to toggle wifi on and off. Dont ask me why, but that is what is causing it. When you do that, reload maps or gps test (whichever you are using) and you should be good. If not, repeat the previous steps. Ill still look into this and im sure it will be better soon, but for now, its atleast functional. Re-enabled zram and it seems to be working fine. Also merged latest CM source code which includes numerous forward ports from the original cm10 to work with 4.2.1. Overall, 4.2.1 is coming together pretty nice.

CM10 - 11/18 - For those of you that were reporting issues from the previous build, this is an update for you. Download and Flash this Kernel. I reverted some of the minor changes that more then likely caused the trouble. I have no idea why some of you were having horrible problems and why some of you were not, but i guess that pretty much indicates how horribly F'ed our kernel is and that the smallest freaking change causes havoc for some users. Going forward, im not even touching the kernel or looking into changing anything kernel wise unless its a standard cm change for ALL samsung kernels.

Anyways... download from above, reboot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash kernel fix, reboot.
CM10 - 11/4 - First and foremost... Fixed my mistake that took away the 8mp option for camera... That is now back (thanks to everyone that pointed it out). Next... OC kernel has been migrated into main kernel. That means no more separete OC kernel. Just one kernel with 1400 and 1600 mhz steps. Now... With this option added, Please use caution using those levels and use common sense. If the phone reboots or you have any issue at 1600 and think that something is wrong with the build, please change frequency back down to stock 1200 and if it stops, then obviously oc isnt working good for you. DO NOT REPORT IT as a bug in the build! JT added an option into the cm source files that allows us to set long press actions from the lock screen. Its pretty neat... You can specify values such as flashlight control and media controls from the capacitive keys and to activate, just long press whichever button you set. That option can be found in settings - lockscreen. I optimized more of the kernel values (again) and gave us an extra 13 MB of RAM. I updated wifi drivers again. There have been a small number of reports that when the phone goes into deep sleep and then they wake, wifi does not reconnect. Im not sure if the wifi update fixed that or not, but if you happen to be one of the few that experience this issue, just download and use wifi fixer. I tested it with no issues or complaints. Updated kernel compression/decompression files. Added encryptable footer (fixes cryptofs errors in logcat). Enabled expandable desktop option. Few kernel changes/optimizations here and there. Removed CMupdate app since we are not an official device. CM created and included their file manager into the build package. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10 - 10/28 - Just updated the stock CM kernel to have the option of 1400mhz. You can download Kernel From Here. This is just as stable as original stock kernel, even when using the 1400mhz OC frequency. Now, Since the stock kernel is going to include the stable 1400mhz level, that means i am going to discontinue the separate OC kernel i have been releasing. I made one more change to the OC kernel and put together a final release. Download CM OC Kernel V8.1 the final release from here.

CM10 - 10/27 - This is pretty much a maintenance build here. Reverted one or two questionable changes to ensure stability. Added a few changes on the kernel side to make dvfs code more efficient, fixes for wifi (only a couple minor ones.), update touchscreen driver, update kvm code to handle pages more efficiently. Corrected the camera preview/picture sizes (they seemed to be off before). Removed unused/unsupported code on device side. Added overlay config for the home key to unlock device feature to work correctly and the option is found from settings - lock screen - screen security - home unlock. Fixed up the lines needed for goo manager updates, I messed them up before (so OTA probably wont work until I release next build). Other then that, I merged in latest CM source code as always. Like i said... minor things, but a solid update nonetheless. FYI.. I was unable to get interactive boost working. I am still looking into it and hopefully by next build we will have boosting for our interactive governor as well as ondemand.

CM10 - 10/22 - Changes for this build: dock audio is now working thanks to the work of araemo. You can enable dock audio by going to setting - advanced - dock. pulled in wifi drivers from siyah kernel which should update our drivers a bit. Disabled ipv6 as it was causing havoc on our WiFi activity and caused hanging at times. It was also causing the delayed lock times with GPS. With this disabled, GPS is as good as it ever was if not better. This is a temporary work around until we can get ip6 support squared away. For now, sending a code to disable on start up will suffice. Fixed our calibration driver as it wasn't pulling the correct file at start up. CM fixed up our power hal and it now recognizes when we change governors... which means no more annoying log cat errors from power hal and also re enables boost pulse if you choose on demand governor again. Pulled a couple minor fixes for ksm code on the kernel side. Included goo manager and added the necessary lines to build prop to allow ota updates going forward. Please ignore the version I have specified... its just a way for setting up future updates. Found an issue with our audio drivers that would very very rarely cause a crash. Basically audio was not allowing suspend and in turn caused a crash. Pulled in latest cm source code.

CM10 - 10/15 - This build is mainly little bug fixes and missed things from the 4.1.2 source merge, but there are some key things from our device end that make it worth downloading. I optimized our kernel code a bit and freed up about 35 - 40 mb of RAM without sacrificing anything at all. I added a patch from Humberto to automatically enable the zram function after you select the value you want and reboot (this means no more manually having to run the script, reboot and your good to go.). Added option to allow changing ISO modes for camera (thanks to JT for that one). I've added 'lazy' governor by Ezeekel. Lazy governor is basically a modified ondemand governor and it seems to be pretty efficient. I have enabled installation of unknown apps by default (was tired of having to enable it everytime id restore from titanium)... I know there are a few other small things im missing, merged latest CM source.... Which includes a new addition to the battery styles that you can pick from. Please dont forget to update your GAPPs from the link above!

CM10 - 10/10 - Android 4.1.2 is here and ready to go on the infuse! Please search for Android OS changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 as im not going to list every single change they have made. I have fixed up the power HAL this build, should be fully functional now (Thanks araemo). Added zRam, which is enabled/disabled from settings - performance. Slight clean up in device tree. Made a change that should improve GPS lock time. Everyone that i had test it reported improvements.... remember, it may still take a minute or two for the initial lock, but after that it should be good to go, atleast it was for myself and the people who tested. Merged latest CM source code. *** Previous GAPPs will work, no need to go searching for newer GAPPs.****

CM10 - 10/5 - New partition layout to increase /system to 400mb to avoid any possible space issues. We previously had 350mb and we were cutting it very close! Added power HAL for our device and also added pulse boosting to the ondemand governor... Its pretty nice. Few minor fixes here and there. Cleanup, bugs fixed. Merged latest CM source code. - PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND FLASHING!!!!: I had people test the following install and they left their external SD cards in the phone and had no issues, but if you do have an issue, remove external sdcard and try again. This latest build has been repartitioned so that /system is larger. system was previously 350mb and we were running out of space, so in order to avoid space issues, /system has been increased to 400mb. Now, since the partitions have changed, that means that they are going to wiped out and setup again when you flash the zip. This is going to cause the same behavior as the initial bml to mtd conversion flash. If you are on the previous MTD partitions, When you first flash, it will give you a warning message saying that your data will be erased in converting and you must flash again to and stop and you will see the dead android guy. This is just a warning message and is meant to be seen!!!. You will then need to flash again and this time it will start the conversion and then reboot into recovery and finish the conversion and then reboot into recovery again when it is finished. If you are on BML and converting to MTD for the first time, once you flash the package it will just start to install and reboot 2 times during the install process. When it comes back up the second time, you are finished and can proceed. You can then install GAPPs if needed or just boot up like normal. One last FYI... If you use an OC kernel, you need to use the newest one with the new partitions laid out or your gonna have some issue. Do NOT use old OC kernel on this new build.

CM10 - 9/26 - Fixed Battery drain issue from 9/23 build that was removed. Fixed data indicator issue. Added support for suspend mode in charging, merged latest source - USB Tethering is now working thanks to thebecoming! Reverted a couple changes that i believe was causing issues for a couple people on last build, you guys should be good now. Added smartassv2 and interactive governors. Tweaked Conservative governor (thanks entropy). Cherry picked a commit for promixity sensor settings from phone - settings. Various upgrades to kernel. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10 - 9/14 - Only a couple updates here, but ones that i thought were worthy of posting a new build. The MMS issue that some have reported should be completely fixed and shouldnt be an issue now. Also, we HAVE TORCH!!!! Thanks to araemo for finding the fix, we now have fully functional torch that is included in the package. I have removed the other flashlight app from the package as we do not need it now. Thanks again araemo! Fixed how the search key is referred to so you can set the hardware key options for it now and they will work. Also, as always... merged latest cm source. (coming shortly)

CM10 Changelog

All of the source code for PA/CM builds can be found Here: My Github

Last edited:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Have yet to try this, maybe when I get home... gotta see what's going on (and not going on).
Have to look at the JB source and see where search gets its info from for G Now... stub? Data? I know its linked in the kernel because it won't work in ICS for that reason.
Excellent work Scott, I know you're gonna get a lot of love for this.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

J

jscott30

Congrats on the progress with this Scott. I know you've been working hard on this, and what you and others find here will give a nice head start for when CM10 is ready. A luxury we didn't have when ICS came out. I haven't been following this as close as I should. Are you documenting what you are doing somewhere so the community can see and help with the process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Congrats on the progress with this Scott. I know you've been working hard on this, and what you and others find here will give a nice head start for when CM10 is ready. A luxury we didn't have when ICS came out. I haven't been following this as close as I should. Are you documenting what you are doing somewhere so the community can see and help with the process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man i appreciate it. I did list briefly what I did... If i went in depth with exactly what i did, it would take me hours. Ill summarize it the best i can.

I synched the CM10 repo and the aries common files for CM10 that dustin provided.
I then Merged in The Infuse files from entropy's github.
I had to edit a bunch of the .mk script files in order to get the build to start correctly for the infuse.
Once i started building from CM10 source with the infuse included, i encountered numerous errors throughout, but was able to work around them.
The build almost finished, but was unable to create the zip and some of the files did not get created correctly.
Id say I had about 70% of the files correct.
So what i did.. Was take the MKalter V0.45 (or whatever is named) JB ROM and extracted the contents.
I copied over everything from the system folder and pasted into my working folder.
I made sure to use the boot.img with the edited ramdisk.img for our device.
I Then took the 70% of the files that i built from source and pasted them to replace almost all the mkalter files.
I also verified that major components such as gps, camera, hw, things like that were from the infuse.
Some of the files i needed to copy from the latest Infuse 7/10/2012 CM9 build that i created.

Thats all...

I am going to start a new build tonight and see if i cant do a little better and hope that i get more system files to use.

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Thanks man i appreciate it. I did list briefly what I did... If i went in depth with exactly what i did, it would take me hours. Ill summarize it the best i can.

I synched the CM10 repo and the aries common files for CM10 that dustin provided.
I then Merged in The Infuse files from entropy's github.
I had to edit a bunch of the .mk script files in order to get the build to start correctly for the infuse.
Once i started building from CM10 source with the infuse included, i encountered numerous errors throughout, but was able to work around them.
The build almost finished, but was unable to create the zip and some of the files did not get created correctly.
Id say I had about 70% of the files correct.
So what i did.. Was take the MKalter V0.45 (or whatever is named) JB ROM and extracted the contents.
I copied over everything from the system folder and pasted into my working folder.
I made sure to use the boot.img with the edited ramdisk.img for our device.
I Then took the 70% of the files that i built from source and pasted them to replace almost all the mkalter files.
I also verified that major components such as gps, camera, hw, things like that were from the infuse.
Some of the files i needed to copy from the latest Infuse 7/10/2012 CM9 build that i created.

Thats all...

I am going to start a new build tonight and see if i cant do a little better and hope that i get more system files to use.

Fyi... I'd like to add... about 50% of the bin files were from mkalter rom...
if I stop the build before it tries to finish tonight I should be able to grab all the infuse cm10 source bin files. If that's the case I think we should make some progress as it will obviously eliminate the mkalter bin files... let's keep our fingers crossed.

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Thank you all for your support. It makes all the hard work ive put into this the past 3 days worth it. I think i found a nice starting point on the whole needing to use 2 fingers on the touch screen issue... Im going to try to swap a few files, and if that doesnt work, im going to have to go kernel editing... let the fun begin. Ill start on this tonight after work and keep everyone posted. Thanks again for the support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Om5JO.jpg

KpH1x.jpg

About
    CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Brought to infuse by scott.hart.bti
    Special Thanks to Nun (Thanks for teaching me to do things the right way.), Yuma (Thanks for being able to answer every build/git question i have), JT (Thanks for fixing a majority of the issues we had), Araemo (Although you dont have much free time, you have spent alot of it helping out to get this build on track, Thank you for that.), PoX(Thanks for suggestions and feedback and heapsize changes), Entropy for all your contributions that you make everyday, elliot.newnham for making the OP look great! ... the list would go on forever, Everyone else that has contributed... The list would go on for days

Donate to Cyanogenmod
    Donate to scott.hart.bti

Instructions

Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)
    • Obtain CWM, this can be done using Jscotts Odin back to stock (Follow instructions and use SGS kernal flasher to obtain CWM)
    • Run Qksters IMEI backup script here
    • Make certain you are on ICS, this can be done by flashing Entropy's CM9
    • It is recommended now that you remove your SD Card
    • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
    • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads sectoion
    • ... The package will start to install..
    • ... Phone will reboot into the install screen again...
    • ... Continue to install [Automatically] If not manually flash again
    • ... Phone will reboot again and be at the recovery screen...
    • Install Gapps: Here (the latest for JB 4.2.1 - 12/12/12) - Working swipe! ---- Here (the latest for JB 4.1.2) - New GAPPs 10/11/2012
    • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Coming from JB(4.1)

Downloads
    Make Certain you read this ENTIRE post before Downloading... I know you didn't, so Go back and read it! :good:
    Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 10/27/13 - MTD - Mirror - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 9/23/13 - MTD - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 9/22/13 - MTD - Please install latest GAPPs for Android 4.3 from http://www.goo.im/gapps

Hints
    • Our webpage: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/
    • If you have lost your IMEI, look here or follow instructions starting with "Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)" (Yes you need to ODIN back to stock)
    • If you are having GPS connection issues place you phone in direct view of sky with maps open, Data ON, GPS ON, and screen timeout to never. Let it obtain a full lock. This will download/update your AGPS data and should improve lock times.
    • If you are having battery issues, please let the phone settle down. This may take a couple days for data to 100% sync and SD cards to be fully searched. Reboots often fix "Android OS" battery issues.
    • If you would like to try out different modems: Flashable Modem Thread for MTD. Thanks to blscallions!!

Trouble
    • If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

Change Log

Unofficial CM10.2 - 4.3 - 10/27/13 - MTD - Mirror
    * Merged latest CM sources. Everything up to date.
    * Few kernel optimizations and reverted a questionable change from past build.
    * Finally converted the infuse device settings to the new CM 10.2 CMHW standards. Vibrator control tested and is working fine with new setup. Accessed from settings - more - other device options. mdnie controls are accessed from settings - display - advanced display settings.

Unofficial CM10.2 - 9/23/2013 - MTD
    * Same as before + telephony fix to finally fix the issue where data would drop during voice usage. Huge thanks to pawit for the fix!

Unofficial CM10.2 - 9/22/2013 - MTD
    * Selinux finally added and working for the infuse. Tooks alot of updating and backporting, but its working.
    * couple fixes kernel side.
    * Added sync to kernel
    * Added sw sync to kernel
    * Added cgroup timer slack to the kernel
    * Latest CM sources as of a couple hours ago.

Unofficial CM 10.2 - 8/5/2013 - MTD

* Android 4.3!
    * Fixed 'crackling' (it only takes one bug report and one confirmation for me to fix something... not pages of complaints.)

Unofficial CM10.1 - 7/14/2013 - MTD

* Merged sources from CM with numerous fixes/improvements and additions
    * **** ton of kernel improvements and fixes.
    * updated net/data/wireless source files.
    * Fixed 2g/3g toggle
    * Bootmode support added to the kernel. Fixes rare cases where when the user reboots they end up rebooting into recovery instead of booting normally.
    * Tons of improvements and fixes kernel wide.

CM10.1 - 6/16/2013 -
    With all the kernel/device improvements, please DO A FULL wipe/format before flashing!
    * HUGE HUGE HUGE progress Kernel side. Updated kernel wide.
    * Added Viper Audio! This app is AMAZING. You NEED to try it. When you first open it, it will ask to install a lib, just select "CortexA8 with NEON" from the list. After that, just reboot and your good to go.
    * Updated our touchscreen drivers so they no longer need legacy code to suppor them
    * Ported cpufreq and cpuidle drivers to latest kernel source code
    * Improved Ondemand and Interactive governors - No longer any legacy code
    * Updated kernel workqueue... no longer legacy
    * Numerous fixes from CodeAurora kernel wide
    * Updated our File system drivers
    * Updated Lowmemorykiller, Timed GPIO, and Binder. (kernel)
    * Updated our UV/OV code. Much more efficient. (Kernel)
    * Updated to BFQ v4 (kernel)
    * Much much much more work to the kernel.

CM10.1 - 5/19/2013 -
    Mainly kernel changes/optimizations
    Merged latest CM source code
    Added Vibration intensity controls! - Settings - advanced - vibration controls
    Added autogrouping abilities on the kernel side
    Minor wifi changes
    Backported BFQ scheduler
    Backported Interactive governor (includes boost support)!

****Definitely recommend a full wipe/format before flashing!****

CM10.1 - 5/9/2013 - New CM build is up with the new partition layout. DO NOT proceed without reading this first. You may want to remove your external sdcard as there have been a few reports in the past that it messed things up. Safety first! When you go to flash it, it will give you a warning about being incompatible and it will erase your data... You will need to flash it again for it to start to flash. It will reboot and go back into flashing.... It will reboot again and come back to normal recovery screen. From this point, the build is finished installing and you can install GAPPs or any extras you may want to use. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT under any circumstance flash the old BLNnTouchwake packages until i update them... You will be completely F'ed.... Need i say more? - 5/12/2013 - BLN packages updated. Please use links above.

Enjoy the new partition layout and remember to thank araemo for figuring out what was needed to use the new partition setup for our device.
    Latest CM sources have been merged and overlay has been added to our device tree to finally fix dock audio. It now works and routes correctly.

CM10.1 - 5/4/2013 - Id highly suggest a full wipe/format when flashing the new build. There have been a bunch of kernel changes and board changes on the device end. Failure to wipe could result in ****ty underwear and a ****ty experience. Optimized the kernel as much as possible with our current setup. Also merged latest CM sources.

CM10.1 - 3/30/2013 - Browser issue from the 3/28 build is fixed.

CM10.1 - 3/28/2013 - Status/notification freezing issue finally resolved! Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/24/2013 - Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/16/2013 - Another source update and changes on the device/kernel end to keep up with changed source.

CM10.1 - 3/2/2013 - Nothing major, just a 'keep up to date' build. Alot of minor fixes and cleanups on the CM source side.

CM10.1 - 2/15 - Android 4.2.2 has been stuffed into cm10.1! Not going to list the android source changes, look them up on your own. As for the build, I removed the p2p code as it wasnt working as it shouldve been anyways (actually should have done this awhile back). Removed the overlay for notification light settings since we dont have them. used the default audio policy from the cm build instead of the device specific one we were using. Few other things i dont recall at this time. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10.1 - 2/3 - New build is up. Couple minor changes in the device tree, but nothing worth noting. Mostly CM source update.

CM10.1 - 1/14 - New build is up. Sorry for the delay. Couple minor kernel changes and a minor bluetooth change device side. Other then that, this is mainly just a build to keep up to date with CM source code since its been awhile.

CM10.1 - 12/29 - Freed up more RAM!! We are now up to 501 MB of free RAM. Not sure there is anything else left that we can squeeze RAM out of. If you remember correctly, with ICS and early jellybean builds, we had 444 MB of RAM or somewhere around there... So in total, jut under 60 MB of RAM has been freed since the jellybean builds have started. I did some very minor cleanup on the device side (nothing major as our device repo is right where it needs to be). I also cherry-picked a couple options to add the rocket launcher option back into the mix. You can use this by going to settings -> display -> day dream -> rocket launcher. Just a neat little thing that i decided to add. Also added a commit from JT that adds slight transparency to the status bar notification background. Other then that, just alot of CM source merges. Check it out!

CM10.1 - 12/19 - Pretty much a must have as far as im concerned if your running cm10.1, you want to update to this build. I have added the latest linaro tool chain to the kernel and built it with linaro. For those of you that are not aware of linaro, please do some searching before posting about it. This is the first time ive built the kernel with a linaro tool chain, but have heard good things so figured we would give it a shot. Updated the kernel compression files which should improve boot time. I also went and disabled the tvout and mhl files from building into the kernel. I cant prove that it was hurting anything having them included, but it seemed that every kmsg had lines in it referring to tvout issues, so i figured id disable it since it should have been disabled a long time ago since we do not have working MHL and tvout at this point... and probably not any time soon. Reverted a couple changes that i think may have been causing minor issues for us which should prove to make things even more solid. Not much was done on the device side of our repo this update. The important things are the changes i have mentioned to the kernel and also merged the latest CM source code, which is always a good thing since they are still adding code at an impressive rate.

CM10.1 - 12/16 - This update should fix issues with Bluetooth. The only changes in this build are for bluetooth and also merged latest CM source since last night. Im 99% sure that BT is now fixed..

CM10.1 - 12/15 - This is a big update, you definitely want to update to this one. Both wifi and wifi tethering have been fixed. Wifi sleep disconnect issue should be better now thanks to code from pawtip without any of the negative side effects. Wifi tethering has been fixed thanks to entropy forwarding the legacy wifi tether code, seems to be working as it should. The bluetooth button from the settings menu is working again and seems to be fine. Alot of new code has been merged in the CM side of things. They have some new things that they added as well as things ported from the original CM10. There is also a new gapps package available, but i had to modify it as the gapps were outdated and causing issues. I updated the gapps and uploaded the 12-12 package on my goo found at http://www.goo.im/devs/scotthartbti/gapps.

CM10.1 - 12/11 - Will update tomorrow. Link is up.

CM10.1 - 4.2.1 - 12/2 - enabled/merged source for samsung stk. Made another change to GPS and it should be all set. Added overlay to our device source files to modify the clock dpi settings so that it fits correctly from the lock screen. Couple of changes to wireless on the kernel side of things to adjust for the way 4.2.1 is setup. Wireless should be working perfectly at this point. Specified a limit of 5 user profiles and CM source has it setup that you can add the user profile switching to the power menu for quick switching. Re-enabled expanded desktop mode. Alot of other CM source code changes have been pushed out and continue to be pushed out. All and all, 4.2.1 is coming together incredibly smooth. Please use the GAPPs package i have on my goo account located at http://goo.im/devs/scotthartbti/gapps. It is the 11-29 package and does not give me any issues. I modified the package so that the text swipe is now working correctly and the web browswer does not force close. Please make sure you do a full wipe and wipe dalvik and FORMAT /SYSTEM before flashing this new build and the modified 11-29 GAPPs package.

***Note, if you use a different GAPPs package then the one i suggest and have any issues, do not post about it.***

CM10 - 4.2.1 - 11/29 - Performance options are hidden by default with the developer options (cm change, dont blame me). To get them back, just simply tap the build number in the about phone section numerous times until you see a message saying you are a developer. USB is fully functional and even better... so is USB tethering. Wifi seems to be working pretty good and i have not noticed any drops since a change that was made on the kernel side. Live wallpapers are working fine also. Now... on to GPS... I do have it working, but its not 100 percent yet. This is the deal. If you try to use GPS and it does not work within a minute or two, you need to toggle wifi on and off. Dont ask me why, but that is what is causing it. When you do that, reload maps or gps test (whichever you are using) and you should be good. If not, repeat the previous steps. Ill still look into this and im sure it will be better soon, but for now, its atleast functional. Re-enabled zram and it seems to be working fine. Also merged latest CM source code which includes numerous forward ports from the original cm10 to work with 4.2.1. Overall, 4.2.1 is coming together pretty nice.

CM10 - 11/18 - For those of you that were reporting issues from the previous build, this is an update for you. Download and Flash this Kernel. I reverted some of the minor changes that more then likely caused the trouble. I have no idea why some of you were having horrible problems and why some of you were not, but i guess that pretty much indicates how horribly F'ed our kernel is and that the smallest freaking change causes havoc for some users. Going forward, im not even touching the kernel or looking into changing anything kernel wise unless its a standard cm change for ALL samsung kernels.

Anyways... download from above, reboot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash kernel fix, reboot.
    CM10 - 11/4 - First and foremost... Fixed my mistake that took away the 8mp option for camera... That is now back (thanks to everyone that pointed it out). Next... OC kernel has been migrated into main kernel. That means no more separete OC kernel. Just one kernel with 1400 and 1600 mhz steps. Now... With this option added, Please use caution using those levels and use common sense. If the phone reboots or you have any issue at 1600 and think that something is wrong with the build, please change frequency back down to stock 1200 and if it stops, then obviously oc isnt working good for you. DO NOT REPORT IT as a bug in the build! JT added an option into the cm source files that allows us to set long press actions from the lock screen. Its pretty neat... You can specify values such as flashlight control and media controls from the capacitive keys and to activate, just long press whichever button you set. That option can be found in settings - lockscreen. I optimized more of the kernel values (again) and gave us an extra 13 MB of RAM. I updated wifi drivers again. There have been a small number of reports that when the phone goes into deep sleep and then they wake, wifi does not reconnect. Im not sure if the wifi update fixed that or not, but if you happen to be one of the few that experience this issue, just download and use wifi fixer. I tested it with no issues or complaints. Updated kernel compression/decompression files. Added encryptable footer (fixes cryptofs errors in logcat). Enabled expandable desktop option. Few kernel changes/optimizations here and there. Removed CMupdate app since we are not an official device. CM created and included their file manager into the build package. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10 - 10/28 - Just updated the stock CM kernel to have the option of 1400mhz. You can download Kernel From Here. This is just as stable as original stock kernel, even when using the 1400mhz OC frequency. Now, Since the stock kernel is going to include the stable 1400mhz level, that means i am going to discontinue the separate OC kernel i have been releasing. I made one more change to the OC kernel and put together a final release. Download CM OC Kernel V8.1 the final release from here.

CM10 - 10/27 - This is pretty much a maintenance build here. Reverted one or two questionable changes to ensure stability. Added a few changes on the kernel side to make dvfs code more efficient, fixes for wifi (only a couple minor ones.), update touchscreen driver, update kvm code to handle pages more efficiently. Corrected the camera preview/picture sizes (they seemed to be off before). Removed unused/unsupported code on device side. Added overlay config for the home key to unlock device feature to work correctly and the option is found from settings - lock screen - screen security - home unlock. Fixed up the lines needed for goo manager updates, I messed them up before (so OTA probably wont work until I release next build). Other then that, I merged in latest CM source code as always. Like i said... minor things, but a solid update nonetheless. FYI.. I was unable to get interactive boost working. I am still looking into it and hopefully by next build we will have boosting for our interactive governor as well as ondemand.

CM10 - 10/22 - Changes for this build: dock audio is now working thanks to the work of araemo. You can enable dock audio by going to setting - advanced - dock. pulled in wifi drivers from siyah kernel which should update our drivers a bit. Disabled ipv6 as it was causing havoc on our WiFi activity and caused hanging at times. It was also causing the delayed lock times with GPS. With this disabled, GPS is as good as it ever was if not better. This is a temporary work around until we can get ip6 support squared away. For now, sending a code to disable on start up will suffice. Fixed our calibration driver as it wasn't pulling the correct file at start up. CM fixed up our power hal and it now recognizes when we change governors... which means no more annoying log cat errors from power hal and also re enables boost pulse if you choose on demand governor again. Pulled a couple minor fixes for ksm code on the kernel side. Included goo manager and added the necessary lines to build prop to allow ota updates going forward. Please ignore the version I have specified... its just a way for setting up future updates. Found an issue with our audio drivers that would very very rarely cause a crash. Basically audio was not allowing suspend and in turn caused a crash. Pulled in latest cm source code.

CM10 - 10/15 - This build is mainly little bug fixes and missed things from the 4.1.2 source merge, but there are some key things from our device end that make it worth downloading. I optimized our kernel code a bit and freed up about 35 - 40 mb of RAM without sacrificing anything at all. I added a patch from Humberto to automatically enable the zram function after you select the value you want and reboot (this means no more manually having to run the script, reboot and your good to go.). Added option to allow changing ISO modes for camera (thanks to JT for that one). I've added 'lazy' governor by Ezeekel. Lazy governor is basically a modified ondemand governor and it seems to be pretty efficient. I have enabled installation of unknown apps by default (was tired of having to enable it everytime id restore from titanium)... I know there are a few other small things im missing, merged latest CM source.... Which includes a new addition to the battery styles that you can pick from. Please dont forget to update your GAPPs from the link above!

CM10 - 10/10 - Android 4.1.2 is here and ready to go on the infuse! Please search for Android OS changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 as im not going to list every single change they have made. I have fixed up the power HAL this build, should be fully functional now (Thanks araemo). Added zRam, which is enabled/disabled from settings - performance. Slight clean up in device tree. Made a change that should improve GPS lock time. Everyone that i had test it reported improvements.... remember, it may still take a minute or two for the initial lock, but after that it should be good to go, atleast it was for myself and the people who tested. Merged latest CM source code. *** Previous GAPPs will work, no need to go searching for newer GAPPs.****

CM10 - 10/5 - New partition layout to increase /system to 400mb to avoid any possible space issues. We previously had 350mb and we were cutting it very close! Added power HAL for our device and also added pulse boosting to the ondemand governor... Its pretty nice. Few minor fixes here and there. Cleanup, bugs fixed. Merged latest CM source code. - PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND FLASHING!!!!: I had people test the following install and they left their external SD cards in the phone and had no issues, but if you do have an issue, remove external sdcard and try again. This latest build has been repartitioned so that /system is larger. system was previously 350mb and we were running out of space, so in order to avoid space issues, /system has been increased to 400mb. Now, since the partitions have changed, that means that they are going to wiped out and setup again when you flash the zip. This is going to cause the same behavior as the initial bml to mtd conversion flash. If you are on the previous MTD partitions, When you first flash, it will give you a warning message saying that your data will be erased in converting and you must flash again to and stop and you will see the dead android guy. This is just a warning message and is meant to be seen!!!. You will then need to flash again and this time it will start the conversion and then reboot into recovery and finish the conversion and then reboot into recovery again when it is finished. If you are on BML and converting to MTD for the first time, once you flash the package it will just start to install and reboot 2 times during the install process. When it comes back up the second time, you are finished and can proceed. You can then install GAPPs if needed or just boot up like normal. One last FYI... If you use an OC kernel, you need to use the newest one with the new partitions laid out or your gonna have some issue. Do NOT use old OC kernel on this new build.

CM10 - 9/26 - Fixed Battery drain issue from 9/23 build that was removed. Fixed data indicator issue. Added support for suspend mode in charging, merged latest source - USB Tethering is now working thanks to thebecoming! Reverted a couple changes that i believe was causing issues for a couple people on last build, you guys should be good now. Added smartassv2 and interactive governors. Tweaked Conservative governor (thanks entropy). Cherry picked a commit for promixity sensor settings from phone - settings. Various upgrades to kernel. Merged latest CM source code.

CM10 - 9/14 - Only a couple updates here, but ones that i thought were worthy of posting a new build. The MMS issue that some have reported should be completely fixed and shouldnt be an issue now. Also, we HAVE TORCH!!!! Thanks to araemo for finding the fix, we now have fully functional torch that is included in the package. I have removed the other flashlight app from the package as we do not need it now. Thanks again araemo! Fixed how the search key is referred to so you can set the hardware key options for it now and they will work. Also, as always... merged latest cm source. (coming shortly)

CM10 Changelog

All of the source code for PA/CM builds can be found Here: My Github
    May get an update out here in the next day or two... also keep an eye out for my custom CM10 build that i am about to release here shortly... its built off cm10 with a **** ton of extras.
    Unofficial CM10 - 4.2.1 - Butter - MTD - 12/02/12 - enabled/merged source for samsung stk. Made another change to GPS and it should be all set. Added overlay to our device source files to modify the clock dpi settings so that it fits correctly from the lock screen. Couple of changes to wireless on the kernel side of things to adjust for the way 4.2.1 is setup. Wireless should be working perfectly at this point. Specified a limit of 5 user profiles and CM source has it setup that you can add the user profile switching to the power menu for quick switching. Re-enabled expanded desktop mode. Alot of other CM source code changes have been pushed out and continue to be pushed out. All and all, 4.2.1 is coming together incredibly smooth. Please use the GAPPs package i have on my goo account located at http://goo.im/devs/scotthartbti/gapps. It is the 11-29 package and does not give me any issues. I modified the package so that the text swipe is now working correctly and the web browswer does not force close. Please make sure you do a full wipe and wipe dalvik and FORMAT /SYSTEM before flashing this new build and the modified 11-29 GAPPs package.

New build coming tonight.
    Project Butter has been fixed ;)

I've updated the GPU and framebuffer drivers to work with VSYNC + triple buffer, as well as updated the corresponding system files. Changes are in the kernel repo on the teamhacksung git and the proprietary samsung repo on my git. This also resolves issue with hwcomposer, so make sure to use the latest code from the aries-common repo so that hwcomposer is updated also.

Enjoy.