(Q) CPU controller

Search This thread

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
I just got an m7 and I'm trying to figure out how to control the other CPU frequencies. I know on my old s3 I could just run echo them through a script but on here the only CPU with the cpufreq folder is cpu0, I can't seem to find anything on it so does anyone know how to do this?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rmacd02

Jul 6, 2013
I just got an m7 and I'm trying to figure out how to control the other CPU frequencies. I know on my old s3 I could just run echo them through a script but on here the only CPU with the cpufreq folder is cpu0, I can't seem to find anything on it so does anyone know how to do this?

If you're rooted, you can install a custom kernel like elemetal IX, this will allow you to set max frequency for each core. Just make sure you're using a compatible ROM, like ARHD. If you're looking for something that will allow on the fly adjustment, I'll have to find something else.

Reactions: jukiewalsh

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
If you're rooted, you can install a custom kernel like elemetal IX, this will allow you to set max frequency for each core. Just make sure you're using a compatible ROM, like ARHD. If you're looking for something that will allow on the fly adjustment, I'll have to find something else.

Ohh so it is a kernel specific thing, I thought it could be done on any. Thanks a lot I should be able to figure the rest out from here.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Ohh so it is a kernel specific thing, I thought it could be done on any. Thanks a lot I should be able to figure the rest out from here.

yeah with newer HTC devices you can't change freqs on the fly on stock kernel, because HTC have daemons and stuff to boost CPU and it will always reset it to stock 384-1728MHz
Either you need a kernel with pnpmgr (poewr and performance manager) ndisabled, freqs limited in the kernel source or one with aroma max freq choice

Reactions: jukiewalsh

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
yeah with newer HTC devices you can't change freqs on the fly on stock kernel, because HTC have daemons and stuff to boost CPU and it will always reset it to stock 384-1728MHz
Either you need a kernel with pnpmgr (poewr and performance manager) ndisabled, freqs limited in the kernel source or one with aroma max freq choice

Yeah I was having the HTC daemon problem earlier for hours and couldn't set any of my frequencies.. New phones always make you feel like a noob again lol

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
Always, especially when you switch brands!

I hate to ask because I could find it myself but do you happen to know of a few other kernels that supports all core control or one you recommend? Elemental x is over a month dated and doesn't have a lot of useful extra governors imo. I'm running android revolution. So far the threads I've checked either don't mention they support it or just don't.

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
I hate to ask because I could find it myself but do you happen to know of a few other kernels that supports all core control or one you recommend? Elemental x is over a month dated and doesn't have a lot of useful extra governors imo. I'm running android revolution. So far the threads I've checked either don't mention they support it or just don't.

Extra governors are not needed since on demand does the job well, its like a hybrid interactive/ondemand though how it has post freqs etc
I'd recommend elemental, bulletproof, kangaroo (coughcough)
Imo limiting freq doesn't do much for battery.. But you can use power saver mode to limit to 1134mhz and its still super smooth

Extra bells and whistles are not needed and are buzzwords :D

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
Extra governors are not needed since on demand does the job well, its like a hybrid interactive/ondemand though how it has post freqs etc
I'd recommend elemental, bulletproof, kangaroo (coughcough)
Imo limiting freq doesn't do much for battery.. But you can use power saver mode to limit to 1134mhz and its still super smooth

Extra bells and whistles are not needed and are buzzwords :D

Haha didn't see you were the Dev, I'll give it a run for awhile. And I just mostly don't like how the phone heats up when running at the higher frequencies/voltages but I know on my last phone limiting the CPU speeds seemed to have helped a lot. Overall I'd just rather have longer battery life over performance any day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah I was having the HTC daemon problem earlier for hours and couldn't set any of my frequencies.. New phones always make you feel like a noob again lol

Always, especially when you switch brands!