Galaxy S10 Deep Sleep bug

Search This thread

AB__CD

Apr 18, 2014
There are some users that have been reporting, using apps such as CPU Spy, that the phone does NOT enter a deep sleep state in standby. Some resourceful users over on the S10+ have found the cause of the issue, which is a bug with the proximity sensor. The bug is triggered AFTER entering a VoiP call such as WhatsApp call or Skype, at which point the phone will continue to fail to deep sleep until the next restart.

Thus, in order to fix the issue, in the meantime I recommend restarting after VoiP calls, and report the issue to Samsung through the Members app in hopes of getting it fixed.

troxter

Nov 22, 2008
London
I can confirm that... After finding why I have massive standby drain and blame few apps for that, now I know this is an issue with Voip calls. Reported trough Members app already.

gunemalli

Apr 27, 2009
Colombo
I experienced this as well. On the first day when i didn't have anything installed was able to see the phone going to deep sleep. But after I installed did a few whatsapp calls and bam no more deep sleep. After seeing this post, rebooted phone, unplugged from charger about an hour ago and lo and behold, 50 mins of deep sleep.

Asked my SO to not to do whatsapp calls today. Lets see how the battery life stands.

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.

gunemalli

Apr 27, 2009
Colombo
Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.

Apparently.
So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.

Reactions: VICosPhi

samxxx99

Jul 22, 2007
I can confirm having the same bug, exynos model here. One whatsapp call is sufficient to stop the phone from going into deep sleep.
I already reported the issue on samsung member too.

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Apparently.
So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.

Thanks, does it also happen after calls placed using Google Duo? I am installing Feb 1 security patch which supposedly improves fingerprint recognition and camera performance.

Battery life on my Exynos seems slightly worse than Note-9 so far.

Reactions: cesgz

troxter

Nov 22, 2008
London
Thanks, does it also happen after calls placed using Google Duo? I am installing Feb 1 security patch which supposedly improves fingerprint recognition and camera performance.

Battery life on my Exynos seems slightly worse than Note-9 so far.

I can confirm, that it happen after Whatsapp and FB Messenger call, or even when You play voice messages via this apps. Not sure about Google Duo.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Is this happening after normal calls also?

Nope.

Reactions: VICosPhi

gunemalli

Apr 27, 2009
Colombo
Add Viber to the list as well.

If you have a SnapDragon variant you can try this. If you have AccuBattery installed, check if you have at least 1hr of deep sleep recorded after unplugging the phone from the charger. Next make a whatsapp/viber/skype call. After about an hour or so check again the deep sleep time. If it has increased from the previous recording that means you're not affected.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
I can confirm I have this bug on my exynos s10, only tested whatsapp though. The bug is triggered by whatsapp calls but not by whatsapp voice messages for me.

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

AayushN4

Jul 6, 2016
I was also kinda facing this deep sleep bug where in the phone was at 442 mhz continuously but don't know why it stopped and I'm getting such a good idle drain.... Just the fact that I deleted facebook app and 2-3 other apps which I wasn't using at all.
More importantly I was facing this issue of no deep sleep without the proximity sensor bug

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Is it possible to get rid of it without reboot?

Say if you clear cache and force stop WhatsApp/viber and then start them over again?

Reactions: swagie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some users that have been reporting, using apps such as CPU Spy, that the phone does NOT enter a deep sleep state in standby. Some resourceful users over on the S10+ have found the cause of the issue, which is a bug with the proximity sensor. The bug is triggered AFTER entering a VoiP call such as WhatsApp call or Skype, at which point the phone will continue to fail to deep sleep until the next restart.

Thus, in order to fix the issue, in the meantime I recommend restarting after VoiP calls, and report the issue to Samsung through the Members app in hopes of getting it fixed.
    Confirmed bug fixed.
    Snapdragon... No bug

Apparently.
    My is BTU... I know how to flash manually via odin. But how to flash without loosing data, apps, pictures etc?

If you use the Home_CSC then your data will remain intact like an OTA update. That Odin package is for the normal S10 btw.