[RECOVERY] Custom CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.7 for HTC JetStream [v02][Dt:01/FEB]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Can't test it :) there's not kernel yet developed or roms to do so :D

I'm more than welcome to start developing or mod the actual rom but, not that cool I am jiji.

This device needs some devs working on it... Very capable device but sadly very low userbase and literally no developer support...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas

True, but that one is a .img not a cwm file.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

This device needs some devs working on it... Very capable device but sadly very low userbase and literally no developer support...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

I would like to help but I'm not that expert, yet, doing android development or mod. i have the enthusiasm and the time, but not the knowledge.

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
updated recovery to v02 thanks to ATT Intruder for the partition map

[ changelog ]

• now u can flash to /boot, /recovery and radio partitions
  • so u can now flash custom kernels using recovery

[ EXPERIMENTAL ]

WARNING: DO THIS ONLY IF U KNOW HOW TO REVERT BACK TO STOCK/FACTORY SETTINGS

if someone is willing to test see if u can flash radio using this new recovery

do test out and let me know if u run into any issues

regards,

DooMLoRD

My pleasure. You going to create a kernel that is CWM flashable? If you do I'll test it.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
True, but that one is a .img not a cwm file.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I would like to help but I'm not that expert, yet, doing android development or mod. i have the enthusiasm and the time, but not the knowledge.

My pleasure. You going to create a kernel that is CWM flashable? If you do I'll test it.

i will create a test update.zip to flash the kernel (stock & my kernel)...

here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22048825#post22048825

kindly test it out

Last edited:

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
Last edited:

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
Hi,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so this is why I am posting.

I am using ROM Manager and ask to boot into CWM v2, when my Jet reboots, it goes to a green sync symbol then a red triangle symbol.

I have found the only way to get into CWM, is to reflash the img file via fastboot. Doing this has had unpredictable success, meaning I sometimes get a reboot into CWM and sometimes not.

I am expecting CWM to boot like on my HTC DZ, but may have wishful thinking.

Ideas, comments, corrections, help?

Thanks,

malloy0

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
Ok...I have a system to use CWM, but it involves reflashing using fastboot to go from a booted ROM to CWM and back.

1. boot normal into my JS ROM
2. turn the JS off
3. hard boot using off switch and volume down to boot into bootloader
4. select fastboot
5. connect USB cord to the JS
6. bootloader ackknowledges fastboot USB connected
7. run this bat file called CWM.bat with these commands

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot CWM5.img renamed from DoomLOrd file called JetStream-HC-CWM5-Recovery-DooMLoRD-v02.img)

8. reboot and CWM loads
9. do a ROM backup, install a new ROM, install a ZIP file, etc like normal
10. I select reboot options and try to reboot, but I just keep going back into CWM.
12. to fix this, see step 13.

13. to get out of the CWM boot loop of sorts, my last step is to install a ZIP with the NON CWM .img file, in this case I used the defaultBoot.img from Osimoods file OsiMood_DefaultKernelFiles.rar, but eliminated the wifi kernel module, thus creating a update_OsimoodBoot.zip file to run using CWM, given I keep rebooting into CWM.

14. So I flash update_OsimoodBoot.zip file to run using CWM
15. Select reboot and then I get into my ROM, like normal to use the JS.

I took a series of photos to show pictorially the steps above to help display things a little better -maybe.

Utlitmately, I am trying to reable to boot from ROM Manager into CWM, flash a ZIP and reboot, just like my HTC DZ. However that dreaded RED triangle does not allow this. I suppose my issues might have to do something with my JS being S-ON vs. S-OFF.

Anyway, hoping this added info will be of assistance to get some help on my issues.

TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: DooMLoRD

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
Ok...I have a system to use CWM, but it involves reflashing using fastboot to go from a booted ROM to CWM and back.

2. turn the JS off
4. select fastboot

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot CWM5.img renamed from DoomLOrd file called JetStream-HC-CWM5-Recovery-DooMLoRD-v02.img)

8. reboot and CWM loads
10. I select reboot options and try to reboot, but I just keep going back into CWM.

13. to get out of the CWM boot loop of sorts, my last step is to install a ZIP with the NON CWM .img file, in this case I used the defaultBoot.img from Osimoods file OsiMood_DefaultKernelFiles.rar, but eliminated the wifi kernel module, thus creating a update_OsimoodBoot.zip file to run using CWM, given I keep rebooting into CWM.

I took a series of photos to show pictorially the steps above to help display things a little better -maybe.

Utlitmately, I am trying to reable to boot from ROM Manager into CWM, flash a ZIP and reboot, just like my HTC DZ. However that dreaded RED triangle does not allow this. I suppose my issues might have to do something with my JS being S-ON vs. S-OFF.

Anyway, hoping this added info will be of assistance to get some help on my issues.

TIA

The issue is simple, you are flashing into the boot partition the cwm.img

You should:

fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

you flash the kernelboot image into the boot partition.

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
UPDATE: 9:30 PM EST USA Yep...that was the ticket. Thanks, something so obvious. Best!!

Thank you juannicolas!

Will give it a try later, but seems pretty obvious. Suppose this is the case always after the answer is known. :)

You should:

Last edited:

BIGMOH

Mar 24, 2008
Didn't mean to thank you. But I do not believe there are any CM build for the Jetstream. Although, show-p is in the process of making one.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yup, I've been following that thread since I got the jet stream... Think its been over 2yrs now... I could be wrong but it feels like ages...LoL

Sent from my HTC One

DNarsingh

Jul 5, 2010
Philadelphia
Yup, I've been following that thread since I got the jet stream... Think its been over 2yrs now... I could be wrong but it feels like ages...LoL

Sent from my HTC One

Haha, yea. This Christmas will mark 2 years since buying one, but honestly I can't even remember the last time I turned mine on.....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Custom CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.7 for HTC JetStream​
    Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

so even tough i dont have this device with me i have got ROOT access and custom RECOVERY for you guys!

attachment.php

[ info ]

This Recovery can be flashed directly to the /recovery partition of the device and will give you lots of features!!!

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • FreeXperia Team for too many things :)
    • special thanks to bmw-boy for helping out with testing and risking his device for the sake of development!!! and NO, his device was NOT damaged during testing ;)
    • ME for creating this for u guys!

[ Requirements ]

• Bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot

[ features ]

• features derived from CWM5
      • ability to backup & restore to/from internal SDCARD
      • ability to flash custom update.zip from internal SDCARD
      • faster .TAR backups
    • my additions
      • changes to graphics (ported some graphics from CWM5.5 ICS edition)
      • revamped layout for recovery menu (to improve navigation) [renamed few options and changed their order]
      • changed "wipe data/factory reset" option to just "factory reset", and detailed the partitions which will be wiped
      • added reboot options
        • reboot into system
        • reboot into recovery
        • reboot into fastboot mode
      • some modification in "Partition SDCard" section:
        • put up a confirmation to warn the user that this option will wipe sdcard
        • added ability to select filesystem when creating new layout
      • add confirmation to "backup" option in Nandroid menu... it used to keep getting pressed by mistake and start making backups immediately... now it will ask u before starting backup ;)
      • removed tons of "NO"s from some menus...
    • u can now flash to /boot /recovery & radio partitions

[ WARNING ]

THIS RECOVERY IS STILL IN TESTING... MAKE SURE THAT U HAVE UR COMPLETE DATA BACKED-UP (INCLUDING SDCARD DATA)...

and incase this doest work correctly make sure that u can restore to factory condition...

"Partition SDCard" option in CWM5 WILL WIPE UR EXTERNAL SDCARD!!!

we have tested this to work on the US version of HTC JetStream (but i think it will work on the Canadian version too)

[ how to flash this recovery ]

1. download the recovery image
    2. reboot device into fastboot mode
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    3. now flash the recovery using
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery filename.img
      [where filename.img is the name of the recovery image u downloaded]
    4. thats it!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download links ]

[JetStream] CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.7 by DooMLoRD v02 < NEW >
    MD5HASH: d0454eec0c7787992b1cdaef41ca0248

[JetStream] CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.7 by DooMLoRD v01 (OLD)
    MD5HASH: b74c3b3e13c8801636794e0019c214f5

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

please do intensive testing and let me know!

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!

2. turn the JS off
    4. select fastboot

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot devices

8. reboot and CWM loads

TIA

You should:

reserved for later
    updated recovery to v02 thanks to ATT Intruder for the partition map

[ changelog ]

• now u can flash to /boot, /recovery and radio partitions
    • so u can now flash custom kernels using recovery

[ EXPERIMENTAL ]

WARNING: DO THIS ONLY IF U KNOW HOW TO REVERT BACK TO STOCK/FACTORY SETTINGS

if someone is willing to test see if u can flash radio using this new recovery

do test out and let me know if u run into any issues

regards,

DooMLoRD