Keyboards for the 7+

Search This thread

vobguy

Apr 29, 2011
Richmond, VA
So the earlier link for the first keyboard mentioned from dealextreme is dead; not sure which one that was.

Anyone tried others other than the logitech and the stock?

I would go with the stock, but I would prefer something that allows me to use the tablet "landscape" . Yes, I realize the docking port is on the "bottom edge", but there are ways to work around that.

I am basically trying to free myself of the need to lug the laptop with me nearly everywhere in case of an emergency at work. One time I actually used my Phone to VNC over VPN, thank goodness I have a physical keyboard on that. But my GNOME desktop is tough enough to read Landscape, it is really annoying to try and use it Portrait.

Also - has anyone tried any of the keyboard with ICS yet, found any issues?

al160000

Nov 7, 2011
So the earlier link for the first keyboard mentioned from dealextreme is dead; not sure which one that was.

I would go with the stock, but I would prefer something that allows me to use the tablet "landscape" . Yes, I realize the docking port is on the "bottom edge", but there are ways to work around that.

I am basically trying to free myself of the need to lug the laptop with me nearly everywhere in case of an emergency at work. One time I actually used my Phone to VNC over VPN, thank goodness I have a physical keyboard on that. But my GNOME desktop is tough enough to read Landscape, it is really annoying to try and use it Portrait.

I'm using the HDE 7" USB tablet keyboard from Amazon ($9.90 shipped Prime).

I tried one other on Amazon that looks the same, but only the HDE brand one works (the other gives an error about power consumption). It works well in HC, will report back on ICS once the OTA update comes around.

Reactions: Fire Witch

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Sweet bluetooth keyboard folio case, specially made for tab plus!

Just got this little bad boy from hong kong.

here

4.5 starts out of 5 for me. There seems to be a few sellers. It was designed for our device.

It has back, home, and recent apps keys. long press key, honeycomb/ICS pocket tab settings button! brightness, volume, skip track, voice search, arrows will navigate anywhere on the device. App drawer button. lock/wake power button, has a phone button, which is the only one I havent quite figured out yet. It also has a dedicated internet and email button which worked flawlessly.
I paid $30 including shipping and it arrived in about a week.
Case is nice too. Landscape kickstand, leather portfolio case, with camera cutout, fits really snug. I love it. Keyboard is held firmly in place by velcro. Has auto sleep feature after 15 minutes of no activity.
This thing is is really a treat.

Attachments

• 20120802_204310.jpg
    20120802_204310.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

kuro67

May 31, 2008
Hello to everyone ,yesterday i buy a keyboard dock for samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus (7')6200 , i try to connect this new keyboard dock with tablet but nothing happen it doesn't work ,then i see the instructions and i read to go in the tablet (settings) and change in language and input the samsung keyoad but in my tablet this option doesn't there.what i'm supposted to do now?

KimberlyinMN

Jun 24, 2011
Fargo, ND
I bought this Logitech bluetooth keyboard at bensoutlet dot com for $14.99 and free shipping. Do a search for "logitech bluetooth keyboard". I'd post a link but I'm too new. Or here's a TinyUrl that you can at least copy and remove the slashes/dot stuff
http: slashslash tinyurl dot com slash byj5suf

Connected right away. Granted, it was made for the 10" Galaxy Tab to snap into it as a "cover" but it still works for the Tab 7 Plus. I also have the Samsung OEM keyboard that works nicely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got the same keyboard today from Amazon. It was $40 works great. Came in a couple days.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
    Logitech Tablet Keyboard

I just picked up a Logitech Tablet Keyboard (NOT the Logitech iPad keyboard - they are different models). Build quality is awesome - this is a solid yet still lightweight device. It had no problem pairing up with the GT+ and did not drop any keystrokes when I used it to type.

I'm using the HDE 7" USB tablet keyboard from Amazon ($9.90 shipped Prime).

I tried one other on Amazon that looks the same, but only the HDE brand one works (the other gives an error about power consumption). It works well in HC, will report back on ICS once the OTA update comes around.