[ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 13 [May 20] [linaro][stable][smooth]

Search This thread

Custom40

Aug 5, 2010
Sv: [ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 05 [Feb 12] [linaro][stable][smoot

Hi guys,

I just ugraded from build 4 to build 5 and I noticed that the phone doesn't immediately wakes up after sleeping.
After pressing the power button, the phone lights up in a split second and goes back to sleep again. On the average, I get to press the power button 5 times before the phone totally wakes up. Are there any workaround for this?

Word.
Alarm doesnt work properly when in deep sleep either. Take it as a warning from a man who came late this morning ;)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

tr@p

Jun 18, 2010
Zagreb
For all those having Performance Control app crashing on boot... try to go to SuperSU app, and grant SU permissions for Performance Control app. I guess that it didn't stick (SU permissions), and app on the boot is trying to get it and crash.

I've granted SU permissions in SuperSU app, OC'ed to 1,3gHz with stick on the boot to test... no app crash, didn't have single one crash.

Although I OC'ed to 1300, my phone didn't go above 1248mHz, so I guess that this app is olso a bit jerky on our phone.

Reactions: stonebear

UserMe1

Oct 26, 2009
build 05, p4 kernel

Hello I just encounter the silent call issue (i didn't hear nothing on call and i was not heard, after reboot everything worked again), I tried to call 2 times but the same issue.
Maybe is a kernel related issue I will upload the logcat here, hope is helping.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2013-02-14-13-33-04.txt
    80.5 KB · Views: 1

METALWORKS™

Mar 18, 2009
Disable usb debugging...

BTW tonyp, new release somehow fixed statusbar (with custom theme) for me... no need to pull down statusbar to become normal after boot.

I'm using Xperia Z theme and it's really nice. I'm having Xperia phone, not LG one now. :laugh:

Hi i've download the Xperia Z Theme but when i set the theme, it pops up a message, see attach file, what should i do? thanks.

PS: for tonyp, you're doing a great job for this device mate, cheers!! :good:

Edit: if the attach file don't show up, here's the pic :D

Screenshot_2013_02_14_20_04_21.png

Thank you pengus... Just flashed yours one and it seems it does the job! Forgot to use the f..ckin search button... :cyclops:

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Seems that I have the same problem with all CM based roms. Can't see my external SD (this is the reason I asked about the default LG mounting).

Downloaded the ES File explorer. I have opened it and at the top I see /sdcard/.

Inside this I can see all the contents of the device's internal memory. I can't find where my external sd is mounted. There is a "external_sd" folder inside /sdcard but it is empty. Where is my external SD?

PS The ROM is fast as hell but I can't "taste" it because of the mounting problem :(
PS2 Thank you tonyp, pengus77 and others! Great job!

I was using ES File Explorer and got the same issue as yours, so i'm changing the app with Solid Explorer and that solves my issue, now i can browse my external sdcard :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-14-20-04-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-20-04-21.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Re: [ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 05 [Feb 12] [linaro][stable][smoot

I do not know whether this is a problem in the ROM or kernel. a couple of times that happened to me that the phone freezes while using the phone. one was when I sent the message, the next time I just wanted to drop the notification bar, the last time that happened to me when I finished my call. Every time I had to remove the battery.
This happens to me with a combination p.a. v05 test2 + 011 p4 Kowalski and p.a. 05 + 100 p1 Kowalski.
Your phone probably doesn't like the default uv values of pengus new kernel. Raise them and it shouldn't freeze anymore.

I also have issues with the notification LEDs - sure I can set it to always on, and that works, but isn't that a battery drainer? (for instance if you're away from the phone for an extended period)

I would much rather like it to make short blinks, when a notification event happens, but this doesn't work. When testing in the configuration, it only blinks for about one or two seconds, and thus, the effect can only be seen when set to fast blinking. When set to slow blinking, you won't see the light come on in the test at all.

Is this bug rom related? kernel? (or CM?)
It's a kernel timer problem. I think pengus can and will fix it with the new rtc timers.

LEDs don't need a much battery so you don't need to worry about the always on option.
There are a couple things I would much rather like, but sometimes we need to be okay with what we got for the time being :p

Edit: sorry for the question but can i use swap enabler zip on this ROM?

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
Sure.

Hi i've download the Xperia Z Theme but when i set the theme, it pops up a message, see attach file, what should i do? thanks.

PS: for tonyp, you're doing a great job for this device mate, cheers!! :good:
Press apply anyway. Most themes show that dialog, nothing to bother.

Reactions: Miwer and wucinac

david76170

Dec 30, 2012
I have pre-configured the PlayStore to 240dpi. If you want to change that you might have to manually change the config files. (/data/data/com.paranoid.android/ ...)

I would like to reduce the dpi of the playstore and the app Navigon, but i can't do it : i haven't got the folder com.paranoid.android in data/data ...

And for the app Navigon, nothing happens when i change the dpi in paranoid setting.

Before being on Paranoid rom, i was on CM10 (new bl) and with your dpi zip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35820291&postcount=343), everything was fine.

Have you got any solution ? Or, can i flash the dpi zip above in your rom ?

Thanks

METALWORKS™

Mar 18, 2009
Press apply anyway. Most themes show that dialog, nothing to bother.

Thank you for your quick reply mate, i forgot that currently i'm using holo launcher, set it back to xperia launcher and works like a charm :D

Once again thank you :good:

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Isn't it the case that HW acceleration doesn't work very well on trebuchet?

Nova is the best anyway. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to reduce the dpi of the playstore and the app Navigon, but i can't do it : i haven't got the folder com.paranoid.android in data/data ...

And for the app Navigon, nothing happens when i change the dpi in paranoid setting.

Oh yes, I gave you guys the wrong path.
To change the configuration manually you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf.
If you want to change the dpi and layout of the market you need to change the "com.android.vending" lines.
But I preconfigured it for a reason - keep in mind that unsupported dpis can break compatibiity of some apps so I'd recommend a fixed market in case you're messing with it.

Special tip: Check out this great Google Play DPI Fix tool
But DO NOT CHANGE the dpi with it. You just need it for the hacked market, so make sure to set the dpi to 240.
Do NOT flash my old dpi changer zip, it is an ugly workaround.

About your Navigon problems: Use the "force" option and maybe even the "large" one.
I never encountered any app where the settings didn't work, so you might want to play a little with dpi, layout and the extra options.

Reactions: wucinac

Vankata_91

Feb 17, 2012
Stara Zagora
How to fix when sometime screen is darker and need to lock and unlock to fix it.
Low brightness after unlocking the screen. This is a CM issue with an easy workaround: Turn on the window animations at Settings - Developer Options.
This doesn't help for me..

Unfortunately the flashable zips won't work until you swap in our updater-binary.
Extract it from e.g. this ROM at META-INF/com/google/android/updater-binary and push it to the same folder at the downloads.
Then you're able to flash them.

Get all downloads from here.
I've tested the wallpaper and widget packs, works like a charm :)
Ensure you got enough space at /system.

Mods Overview:
Can someone explain this to me, because i can't understand what to do? :)
Sorry for my noob question..

david76170

Dec 30, 2012
Oh yes, I gave you guys the wrong path.
To change the configuration manually you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf.
If you want to change the dpi and layout of the market you need to change the "com.android.vending" lines.
But I preconfigured it for a reason - keep in mind that unsupported dpis can break compatibiity of some apps so I'd recommend a fixed market in case you're messing with it.

Special tip: Check out this great Google Play DPI Fix tool
But DO NOT CHANGE the dpi with it. You just need it for the hacked market, so make sure to set the dpi to 240.
Do NOT flash my old dpi changer zip, it is an ugly workaround.

About your Navigon problems: Use the "force" option and maybe even the "large" one.
I never encountered any app where the settings didn't work, so you might want to play a little with dpi, layout and the extra options.

Thank you for your quick answer ;)

orbital_71

Apr 22, 2012
Re: [ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 05 [Feb 12] [linaro][stable][smoot

Tonyp, saw u try out the xperia Z launcher, was it great? Can u make one and share which not much hassle installation as from the thread? Tks

I have installed the XDA - Xperia Launcher 1.3.7c and it works/looks awesome!
It has settings for everything and its blizzard fast. Strongly recommend it!

Download here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2021332

Tryed it, still, nova launcher is way smoother whit more options, so personaly I strongly advice using nova over any launcher and I tryed alot :)

BS86

Jan 20, 2013
Regensburg
regarding my post back there:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37963383&postcount=911

do you need logcat or some other files for evaluation? or should i try flashing another RIL or something?

the phone number was missing in phone status since i think build 3 or 4, don't know exactly, never checked the other things i reported.

Tonyp, i think i found something:

After pengus told me that sim is completely ROM-related, and managed bei RIL, Baseband etc, i checked what i have:

I have V30A-EU-Baseband, on newbl

Getril shows: No Ril

but in /system/lib i have a liblgeril.so,

Now comes the big thing: the MD5-sum of this liblgeril.so is c7bf852b1ba11f4d2f6d2e582068d466, which is, according to the list here: http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/P990-stuff/Basebands/RIL
an old bl - Ril, version 28g

although i always flashed the newbl-zips, and double-checked just now, i only downloaded newbl-zips, only have newbl-zips on my external sd and never touched the ril.

Can someone confirm the oldbl-RIL in newbl-zips?

Edit: can this be the reason why i habe no sim available in contacts, and have phone number: unknown in phone status, although phone works fine? will inserting the newbl-ril solve the problem?

Edit2: something else: wanted to download the newbl-28g-RIL, and the md5-sum is the same like oldbl-RIL, not matching the one from the table above - wrong file uploaded with correct name? the other 3 files match the md5-sum from the table

Last edited:

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
though I am not using this ROM, I have a perfect paired BB/RIL (V30B) combination as per GetRIL pro app....I still have this (see attachment)

Just wanted to show the 'phone unknown' has no relevance on the BB/ROM combination....I think it is a service provider feature

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-44-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-44-47.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ParanoidAndroid CM10

- this is for you, if you want a stable ROM without the need to flash another update each day -
    - no cutting edge 10.1 features but therefore almost bugfree daily driver experience -

logo.png

FEATURES:
    • ParanoidAndroid:
      • Hybrid Engine - choose custom DPIs and Layouts for each app - see post 4 :)
      • Center Clock option
      • Transparent Statusbar option
      • Brightness slider in the notificationbar option & different notification toggle styles
      • See through lockscreen
      • etc.
    • PDroid included to protect your privacy
    • HwaSettings included (read the Q&A in post 2 why)
    • adb remount command unlocked (to be able to adb push to /system etc.)
    • standard softkey vibration lowered
    • ships with the awesome kowalski kernel by pengus77
    • opensourced: https://github.com/tonypp
    • NEW: automatic NITZ fix for automatic time
    • NEW: linaro smoothness
    • NEW: lockscreen selection (Blackberry 10 / Optimus 4x / ICS etc.)
    • NEW: allow to select text in gtalk
    • NEW: statusbar color and transparency

GzAkvXOPvxeeyaxzZ1LWEhcimQgEaFx__m9mFTmUv6SybSv6RXZKXkXKuyAaEZeln_E=w124

If you like the ROM please press thanks, rate this thread with 5 stars
    rating_5.png
    and consider to
    buy me a beer here!

also consider donations to:
    Ricardo Cerqueira (Cyanogenmod)
    molesarecoming (ParanoidAndroid)
    D4rKn3sSyS (ParanoidAndroid)

CREDITS:
    • arcee for being our CM device maintainer. Without him none of this would exist!
    • molesarecoming & D4rKn3sSyS for founding and inventing ParanoidAndroid.
    • pengus77 for his awesome work at the kernel and new bootloader.
    • marsgod for fixing the callbug on the old bootloader.
    • wkpark for the cracked ICS bootloader, the ramhack idea, and all is valid input.
    • goo.im and vadonka for providing me great hosting services.

Q&A:

1. What are the known bugs?
      There are a couple CM10 bugs present.
      The most noticable are:
      • CM Camera isn't working great. Use the ported ICS Camera as a workaround
      • Low brightness after unlocking the screen. This is a CM issue with an easy workaround: Turn on all animation and transition scales at Settings - Developer Options.
      • transparent notification dropdown & statusbar isn't working (or at least not sticking a reboot) (fixed for build 05)
      • Auto brightness is flawky
      • HDMI rotation error
      Please consult this post for more information about the bugs.
      Not all of them are still present, some have already been fixed in the meantime (wifi drain, bluetooth, notification lights)

2. I got a bug which is not listed here, how do I report it?
      First: Try to search for your bug, I don't add each and every stupid minibug to the known bugs list, but it's most likely already mentioned in the thread.

If you didn't find anything then report your bug. I ignore bug reports which don't contain logs, so you should study my [Reference] How to get useful logs thread.
      If you want to report a sudden/hot reboot then you need to follow this format for the bugreport.

3. Can I post in here if I want to chitchat and talk with you guys, recommend my new app discoveries or ask questions which are only slightly related to PA?
      No, please use the Userthread for stuff like that.
      While everyone knows that I don't mind a couple funny or offtopic posts, we shouldn't drift off too far in the dev thread.
      But every post in the Userthread is welcome - especially your tipps & tricks or app recommendations!

4. Is there any reason why I should use this ROM instead of others?
      Well, use whatever ROM you want. This ROM isn't for people who always want to have the newest of the newest - so if you're one of that kind then just move on.
      The biggest difference to other ROMs currently out there: This ROM is stable. I'm using it myself as a daily driver.
      I really hate threads of people who push out ROMs without testing them or at least reading the users feedback (*cough* jellybam *cough*).

5. Why the f*** did it took you so long to release PA?
      Simple. My PA ROM has always been as stable as possible. I didn't consider CM10 stable enough until now for being eligable to have another ROM out besides the official CM10 ROMs.

6. The OP is too long, can I ask what I need to know without reading it? And do I really need to search before asking?
      Sure, go ahead and ask without searching or reading. I did spent lots of time on a detailed OP and answering questions in the thread, so I can just spent some more time answering every question again and again, right?
      As the people who are targeted by this entry probably won't read this anyways but just post there's no need to expand further.
      Oh but I'm looking forward to create a hall of fame shame of all those stupid posts :fingers-crossed:

7. Hahahaha you included HwaSettings again? Why would you do that, we do have fully working hwa, didn't you know?
      Ah a smartass. But did you know that hwa increases the application's RAM demands?
      The author of the HwaSettings app writes the following:
      royale1223 said:
      Basicaly you can deny hwui to any app that targets API 10 or below, any app that uses Holo.Light theme(Eg: Gmail : No gradient needed, but you have to be carefull because apps like Google+ and Github relies on hwui for animations/effects) or any app that doesn't have a UI. You see when hwui is not denies some libs are loaded :
      Code:
      07-17 14:20:37.968: D/libEGL(4041): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so
      07-17 14:20:37.976: D/libEGL(4041): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so
      07-17 14:20:37.991: D/libEGL(4041): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so
      07-17 14:20:37.991: D/libEGL(4041): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so
      If you deny hwui, these are not loaded. So denying hwui for one or two apps won't make a diffrence, but disabling hwui for many apps can save you some memory or even some battery.
      As we're running low on RAM with our phone I thought it might be a good idea to include the app, then you can disable hwa for some apps or system parts and post your feedback here.
      Additionally here's an interesting post by Dianne Hackborn about hwa.

8. Oh, that sounds great! But why are my newly downloaded apps not listed within the HwaSettings app?
      That's a bug of the app unfortunately. You need to reset it at Settings - Apps (swipe to all, choose HwaSettings and delete data).

9. Is this the newest version of PA?
      No, unfortunately not. The new and improved version (AOSPA 3.0) which source has been dropped in January 2013 is based on AOSP - which we need to port to the 2x first. So the new app in the PlayStore won't work with this "PACM" ROM.
      But this ROM does contain all CM10 stuff including the latest CM-based PA hybrid engine.

10. I heared there's PDroid 2.0 - why is the old version included?
      I'm monitoring the new threads of course. PDroid 2.0 is by another author than the original one. Development is currently stalled thus I'm stickying to the original and well tested version for now.
    2vcgksn.png

Downloads:

ROM:

Gapps:

Kernel:
    • kowalski kernel thread
      This ROM comes with the kowalski kernel by by pengus77.
      For new versions (which come regularly) check out his thread!

Various:

Instructions:

Coming from another ROM:
    1. Make sure you're using a correct recovery. I recommend TWRP, but you can use CWM as well of course.
      If you're on the new bl make sure you use the CWM by pengus, not the old ones!
    2. No need for a full wipe you're coming either from a official CM10 old bl or from a CM10 new bl ROM.
      Any other ROM: Do a full wipe! Apperantly even needed if you come from CM10.1.
      Just do the wipe, you will be thankful afterwards when everything does run better.
    3. Format /system
    4. Choose the correct ROM for your bootloader
    5. Flash ROM + Gapps (from the ones I linked above AND NOT MY NONNEON 4.2 ONE!!!!)
    6. Flash the latest kowalski kernel!
    7. Reboot
    8. Don't restore system apps (like Settings) or system data (like Wifi data) with TitaniumBackup!
    9. You'll find a new Settings entry "Paranoid Settings" - to get a first impression of PA choose "Launch" and then "tonyp's profile".
    10. If you want to use adb in recovery, here are my modded adb drivers for ICS.

Updating from a previous version:
    1. Backup your PA Settings (at Settings - Paranoid Settings - Tools)
    2. Download new build
    3. Flash ROM (you don't need to do a full wipe - or any other wipes)
    4. Flash the latest kowalski kernel!
    5. Reboot
    6. done

Changelog:
    Code:
    [U]Build 13[/U]:

[LIST]
    [*] fixed searchkey hardwarebinding
    [*] enabled notification dropdown transparency
    [*] better autobrightness ROM support
    [*] pengus77 call muting & call forwarding fixes (thx a lot!)
    [*] added new Hardwarekeys binding options backported from my CM10.1 ROM
    - Switch to last app
    - Screen Off
    - Power Menu
    - Open custom app
    - Screenshot
    - Kill app (replaces the menu in the dev options)
    - Quickmemo
    [*] tonyp memory management backported from CM10.1 and enabled by default
    (more advanced and less aggressive than the one in PA12)
    [*] camera storage selection
    [*] force clear cache by longpressing the clear all button on recent apps
    This one is from my not-yet-released CM10.1 build 04b.
    Do not overuse this feature, it's only there to get rid of lags!
    [*] GPS updates by crypted
    [*] Dalvik: disabled bytecode verification
    [*] backported my theme fixes for the text-only battery style
    [*] merged the latest CM10 updates - which aren't many as CM10 is almost dead
    [*] kernel updated to kk 122
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 12[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]I backported the CM10.1 clock app to CM10. This should help with missed alarms (plus contains more features and has a nicer look)
    [*]Reverted the brightness testing stuff which caused some erratic behaviour
    [*]added a warning dialog when enabling the CRT dialog that you shall not complain about it's broken-ness
    [*]toolchain reverted to the previous 4.6.2. linaro one. I'll post some toolchain testing builds soon
    [*]removed the KSM option
    [*]removed the PerformanceSettings warning dialog
    [*]kowalski kernel updated to kk 116
    This should fix the recent reboots
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 11[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]remove defective init..rc cpu parameters
    [*]enable development settings by default
    [*]disable auto rotate toggle by default (2/2)
    [*]force crt animation to be disabled by default
    [*]disable auto rotate toggle by default (1/2)
    [*]update weather api calls
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 10[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]kernel updated to kk 120
    [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Note[/B]: This build is incompatible with kernels < 119! You won't be able to change brightness manually with older kernels.[/COLOR]
    [*]low brightness after unlocking bug completely fixed (even without the animations)
    [*]auto brightnes should work again - but it's handled in the kernel (like in ICS) so you can't adjust it.
    It still doesn't work perfectly - but at least better than before.
    [*]0% battery shutdown bug should be fixed.
    [*]I fixed call rejecting on SU660 BBs for real - I missed one constellation where it could still fail
    [*]disabled the crt animation by default (hopefully) for real
    There were four spots in the source where it's been activated, I think I tracked down all of them now
    [*]removed live wallpapers
    [*]xda member jojosch93 send me a couple German translations for the Launcher and Settings which I included
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 09[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]under-the-hood stability & memory related fixes
    [*]Selfported AOSP 4.2-based launcher replaces the Xperia one
    [*]SuperSU replaced with new Superuser
    [*]cherry-picked option to disable low battery warning and/or sound
    [*]cherry-picked option to disable the bootanimation
    [*]purgeable assets enabled by default
    [*]Lumberjack replaced by SysLog
    [*]merged upstream with CM10
    [*]updated kernel to kk 115 and KowalskiManager to 017r
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 08[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]tonyp: P990: fix call rejecting on SU660 Basebands
    [*]tonyp: init: allow graphics to kill the bootanimation
    [*]tweak for default ADJ values
    [*]telephony: neighboring cells are now handled properly
    [*]gnu linker (ld) updated to be able to enable the "--icf=safe" flag again
    [*]bionic: Add ARMv7 optimized string handling routines
    [*]option to enable the notification rotate toggle
    [*]updated kernel to kk 109 and KowalskiManager to 015r
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 07[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Performance control build from source now (buggy UV section removed)
    [*]massive sources cleanup
    [*]further improvements for the PA launch profiles 
    [*]lots of stuff from build 06 reverted while trying to get rid of the 
    data corruption bug, which turned out had been the kernels fault
    Together with some under-the-hood changes the following got reverted:
    [LIST][*]bionic: Add ARMv7 optimized string handling routines 
    [*]option to control visibility of soft keys in tablet status bar[/LIST]
    [*]Kernel updated to (non OC) kk 100p2
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 06[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]dpi backup script added, custom dpi settings will survive ROM flashes now
    [*]bionic: Add ARMv7 optimized string handling routines
    [*]ADJ values reseted to AOSP default
    [*]option to control visibility of soft keys in tablet status bar
    [*]newbl version: RIL replaced with the correct v28g newbl one
    [*]Kernel updated to (non OC) exp 003 (prerelease)
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 05[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]build with linaro 4.6.2 and loads of build optimization flags. 
    Smoothness here we come!
    [*]loads of stability fixes from various sources (even cm10.1 backports)
    including stuff like wakelock and memleak fixes!
    [*]Xperia Launcher replaces Trebuchet
    [*]added possibility to select text in Gtalk
    [*]option to disable volume adjust beep
    [*]Statusbar color and transparency fixed (survives a reboot now)
    [*]Allow purging of asset bitmaps
    [*]"Android is Updating, Optimising Applications" shows more infos
    [*]new lockscreen selection (Optimus 4x, Blackberry 10 etc.)
    no complaints please, I'm aware of the minor flaws it still has.
    [*]option to enable CRT animation (sometimes flawky!)
    [*]new PA tonyp 2013 profile added
    [*]Stock UI profile fixed (why did noone notice this? lol)
    [*]ibjpeg-turbo replaces jpeg
    [*]Kowalski Kernel updated to build 100 (OC).
    Slow charging fixed on the oldbl! thanks so much pengus!
    [*]lots of more stuff
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 04[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]implemented a method to automatically apply the NITZ automatic time fix.
    Automatic time will work out of the box for all Basebands now!
    All SU660, v28, V30 and future ICS Basbands get detected automatically.
    There's no need to manually add "telephony.test.ignore.nitz" anymore! :)
    [*]Reverted to stock CM RIL. But the test with v30a has been successfull.
    Advanced users can get the RILs here: [url=http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/P990-stuff/Basebands/RIL]RIL Downloads[/url]
    [*]Kowalski Kernel & Manager updated to 011p3
    011p3 fixes the lags, slowdowns and crashes from the previous version.
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 03[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]fixed the Launch menu in Paranoid Settings
    [*]loads of cherrypicked and backward-ported fixes for dhcp & wpasupplicant
    Too many commits to list here. This should improve the wifi stability.
    Thanks to tetsuo55 & pengus77 for their help & testing.
    [*]KowalskiManager added
    [*]Kowalski Kernel updated to 011
    [*]re-enabled auto brightness (which is still flawky like with all CM ROMs)
    [*]AOSP bootanimation (the logcat showed an error when showing the old one)
    [*]iwconfig / iwlist added to enable TX power changing
    [*]PDroid.apk "hacked" to disable notifications by default
    [*]Cherrypicked [url=http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/28689/]criticalBatteryShutdownLevel[/url] 
    [*]removed VideoEditor for real this time
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 02[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]v30a RIL replaces the old v28 one (RIL modified for the oldbl)
    [*]fixed the Toggle 2G button
    [*]kernel updated to pengus 009p2
    [*]PerformanceControl, Lumberjack & BarcodeScanner apps added
    [*]Bluetooth crosshair pointer replaced with win pointer
    [*]unset Phasebeam as default wallpaper
    [*]PA Colors profile deleted (only useful for the navbar)
    [*]Enabled installation of non market apps by default
    [*][strike]VideoEditor removed[/strike]
    [*]2G icon replaces GPS one in the tonyp profile
    [*]stabilization improvement
    [*]disabled KSM (can cause problems)
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 01[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]initial build
    [*]Changes compared to my old CM10 hackfest build 8:
    [LIST][*]full hardware accellertion, videocam, camera etc.
    [*]I fixed the need to flash gapps after every update
    [*]CM Filemanager added
    [/LIST]
    [*]Changes compared to official CM10:
    [LIST][*]Notification lights (more or less) fixed (use: always on)
    [*]Bluetooth, Wifi, Wifi AP etc. fixed thanks to pengus77's kernel.
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]
    build 09

After more than a month I present PA build 09 :)

If you manually installed Superuser from the Playstore I recommend uninstalling it before flashing the ROM.
    It's not required, but if you uninstall it later it will take the su-binary as well and you have to re-flash the ROM to re-gain root.
    Same thing goes to SuperSU updates.
    You'll find the new Superuser app as an own entry within the Setting, not inside the app drawer.

Do NOT flash the memoryaddon on top of it, it's build for an older framework!

As usual: Get the ROM from the OP or via GooManager and no wipes needed whatsoever if you're updating from a previous build.
    Due to the toolchain update the first boot takes a little longer and will be a little laggy at the beginning.
    But after everything has settled and maybe a second reboot it should be smoother than ever!

Changelog:
    • a bunch of under-the-hood stability & memory related fixes, including an update of the linaro toolchain
    • Backported the AOSP Launcher2 from Android 4.2 to this 4.1 ROM
      No more launcher redraws with that =)
    • Xperia launcher removed - it's memory management has been pretty bad.
      It's been the reason I had to write the memory addon, which isn't needed or included for now.
      If you want to keep it: See my next post in this thread for a download location of an updated Xperia launcher which isn't that bad anymore.
    • SuperSU replaced with Superuser
    • cherry-picked option to disable low battery warning and/or sound
      Settings - System - Statusbar - low battery warning
    • cherry-picked option to disable the bootanimation
      Settins - Performance (increases boot time a little)
    • purgeable assets enabled by default
    • Lumberjack replaced by SysLog
    • merged upstream with CM10
    • Kowalski kernel updated to exp 115
    rating_5.png
    and consider to
    buy me a beer here!

I finally fixed it - my sources had become corrupt, who knows why.
    I had to redownload most parts of the android source code which took some time and investigation - and finally managed to get the build done.

Okay, what's changed:
    • kernel updated to kk 120
      Note: This build is incompatible with kernels < 119! You won't be able to change brightness manually with older kernels.
    • low brightness after unlocking bug completely fixed (even without the animations)
    • auto brightnes should work again - but it's handled in the kernel (like in ICS) so you can't adjust it.
      It still doesn't work perfectly - but at least better than before.
    • 0% battery shutdown bug should be fixed.
    • I fixed call rejecting on SU660 BBs for real - I missed one constellation where it could still fail
    • disabled the crt animation by default (hopefully) for real
      There were four spots in the source where it's been activated, I think I tracked down all of them now
    • removed live wallpapers
    • xda member jojosch93 send me a couple German translations for the Launcher and Settings which I included

It's mainly a bugfix release - I'm not working on new features anymore as I'm trying to focus on CM10.1 for now.
    But - as always - this build turned out to be way more work than expected to to these stupid compile errors *sigh*

As you can see pengus had a huge impact on this build thanks to his amazing kk 120.
    New battery driver, autobrightness enabled and his brightness findings for the ROM.
    So it fits perfectly that Custom40 sent this amazing picture to me some time ago for PA build 12!

35co9id.png

rating_5.png
    and consider to
    buy me a beer here!