[Stock ROM][FTF] Xperia ZL (C6506) 10.3.1.A.0.244 Commercial & Journalists

Search This thread

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
As the title says, attached are the links to download the 10.3.1.A.0.244 Commercial/Journalists (1270-4005) firmware for the C6506. This contains the same baseband needed for the AT&T LTE, not sure about others. From my observations, the firmware is identical to the US Generic, nothing more...nothing less.

If you want to use it to flash other C6506 variants (e.g. Canada, Mexico, etc...), you should be able to flash everything except the baseband and that will maintain your original baseband. Alternatively, you can flash the original baseband afterwards if the included baseband doesn't support your carrier. Just make sure you have a stock FTF of your firmware before you decide to go this route.

I was also able to successfully root it via DoomLord's latest thread. It will require the kernel from the previous C6505 10.3.A.0.423 stock firmware (C6506 ONLY). Customization doesn't matter, as long as it's for the C6506 and Android 4.2.2 so the kernels match. If not, you'll get into a bootloop.

Upon successful initial boot, it will ask you to download Data/MMS settings. Just as well, it will default to WCDMA connection type, so just go under Settings>Networks(more)>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and select LTE.

It is always HIGHLY ADVISABLE that you keep a stock FTF of your firmware before flashing any other stock FTF that changes your customization, so you can easily go back to your original customization or repair the phone in case something goes wrong. You can learn more about this here.

Dev-Host
File 1: http://d-h.st/FSs
File 2: http://d-h.st/lsJ

You'll need 7-Zip or any extractor that can handle 7Z formats.

Last edited:

zombiej79

Feb 25, 2011
So whats different on this compared to other stock images? Just curious

Sent from my Xperia Arc using xda app-developers app

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
I noticed zero differences between this and US Generic. Software is dead on identical in every way. The only reason I flashed this is because Sony hasn't released the 10.3.1.A.0.244 for the C6505 US Generic...and I, and others I'm sure, are highly impatient to wait :)

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
It should work, just make sure you have an FTF of your current stock ROM in case you need to flash the baseband from it. Like I said, I don't know for certain whether the baseband from this ROM supports the LTE bands of your carrier or not. For me, AT&T was supported the same way the US Generic did.

Would this work for my locked canada C6506 ?

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
The update is awesome, the phone is pretty much flawless now.

BTW...Sony just released the update for the US Generic (just now)...so you might want to check for the the OTA or use PC Companion. In other words, you don't need to flash the ROM in this thread.

Thanks! How is the rom so far? BTW I'm on T-Mobile USA

Reactions: motoxxxx

jafferman

Apr 15, 2013
The update is awesome, the phone is pretty much flawless now.

BTW...Sony just released the update for the US Generic (just now)...so you might want to check for the the OTA or use PC Companion. In other words, you don't need to flash the ROM in this thread.

Thanks for the heads up, might as well wait for the US generic

gurish

May 15, 2014
Urgent help for Xperia ZL (6505) 4.1

Guys - I just got a Xperia ZL (c6506) and unlocked it from Claro. The problem is that Claro has put so much of bloatware on the phone plus there is still for update on 4.1 JB.

Can I flash a stock ROM (4.3) on my current phone to get rid of the bloatware and run 4.3 ? I am still on baseband 10.1.1.A.1.253 and bootloader is locked.

I understand this is a pretty novice request but please help as I am getting confused with the multiple info being provided.

ikho22

Mar 1, 2016
Can you give me A link of c6506 baseband or ftf that LTE supported ? Because it has dead link .

Top Liked Posts