DOWNLOAD
(infected server)

(md5sum included with all builds)

CHANGELOG

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged/

HOMEPAGE

http://infectedbuilds.net

kernel code compiled with linaroarm-eabi-4.7.4 201404 toolchain
rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 201404 toolchain

FEATURES

-O3 optimizations
strict-aliasing rules
custom performance flags
+30 cherry-picks used

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.7Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
4x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 10 array, samsung f1 1tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
(wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 17 x64 "Qiana" 3.13.0-24)

DONATIONS NEEDED
if you can, please make a small donation... not for my work, 'cause this is a hobby for me, but to keep website and dedicated server up and running, so i can deliver fast and unlimited downloads, and host the builds.

thank you for your comprehension.

regards,

infected_
Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from AOKP open-source code:

https://github.com/AOKP

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 toolchain used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 toolchain to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

AOKP Dev Team

CxAw1Uv.png
hhJtyei.png
xREky84.png
caEcCfv.png
LV3r9kI.png
4BcIjA8.png

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of AOKP KitKat for the v500/LG G Pad.
ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
  • Compiled using boosted-tc arm-eabi 4.7.4 14.03 (kernel code) & boosted-tc arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.3 14.03 (rom code) toolchain compilers
  • May contain some custom cherry-picks. Always see changelog for details.
  • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
-O1
Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

Last edited:

bmxje

Nov 3, 2007
Rotterdam
Thanks for all you're amazing hard work!!

What is the difference between this rom, and the other topic? Is this one not based on CM11?
@RaiderWill, is this rom more smooth or less smooth than 4-4-14?

Reactions: deepongi

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Thanks for all you're amazing hard work!!

What is the difference between this rom, and the other topic? Is this one not based on CM11?
@RaiderWill, is this rom more smooth or less smooth than 4-4-14?

its based on "kangs" from cyan code.

and its very smooth. the custom toolchains and compiling method do their job well done.. :)

regards.

Reactions: bmxje

bmxje

Nov 3, 2007
Rotterdam
Thanks so much man! You have no idea how much better you make my tablet and therefor the day to day use! Flashing this now!

Edit:
In your FAQ post it states: "These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 11 for the v500/LG G Pad." I think it's accidentally copied from the CM11 rom? :) Just thought to let you know!

Last edited:
Reactions: deepongi

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Thanks so much man! You have no idea how much better you make my tablet and therefor the day to day use! Flashing this now!

Edit:
In your FAQ post it states: "These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 11 for the v500/LG G Pad." I think it's accidentally copied from the CM11 rom? :) Just thought to let you know!

typo. its corrected now.

bmxje

Nov 3, 2007
Rotterdam
I've flashed the rom now and have played with it for a bit. It's insanely smooth and fast! No unnessisary hickups, great overal speed ect.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE which has identical hardware, the only difference being that the CPU is clocked at 1.9ghz by Samsung. On stock LG firmware this tablet was rediculously slow compared to my S4 tho. So i switched to Madhi first, which was still laggy, Same goes for CM11 itself. Then i switched to your CM11 Infected rom which was already good, but i was still slightly dissapointed with the devices preformance, but with this one...... :D It's at least as fast, if not faster than the official GPE rom on the S4 :D

The only thing i absolutely loved about the CM11 infected rom was the standby time, last night i had 2% in 8 hours, even though i had wifi turned on, Ill test to night how it preforms with this rom, i hope it is the same!

Thank you again!

Do you btw think there is ever going to be a possible convertion from the GPE rom for the LG G Pad to the stock model? So v510 rom for v500 devices. In the topic dedicated to this on: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2564149 they seem to struggle with Wifi. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTeek

m.mcrespo

Nov 19, 2012
I am using this rom and for now all ok but my last rom is Mahdi but I like Moore dpi 290 + or -, have any config that I can change resolution? I try installing qremote here and will see if work.

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Do you btw think there is ever going to be a possible convertion from the GPE rom for the LG G Pad to the stock model? So v510 rom for v500 devices. In the topic dedicated to this on: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2564149 they seem to struggle with Wifi. What are your thoughts on this?

Why do you need a GPE rom, if you have so many much better AOSP/CM based rom's?

is it because of the boot logo? :silly:

regards :)

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Running it now and its very nice. Always partial to AOKP for some reason. Does this support ART? Thanks.

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Running it now and its very nice. Always partial to AOKP for some reason. Does this support ART? Thanks.

CM has ART broken on boot, but they have a patch ready to be merged as soon is reviewed..

AOKP don't know if ART is working, never tried it.. make a nandroid backup and try to switch to ART, after a clean install. if it doesnt boots, i'll try use CM patch on AOKP builds.

regards.

drzoo2

Feb 6, 2011
Infected.. I did not think it possible.. :cool:
Only you could come up with a compile that would place your 4/4 CM build in 2nd ( A VERY CLOSE 2nd ) place..
But I have to admit.. I prefer this AOKP's interface/options slightly better than your CM's. Speedwise.. they are equal ( of course ;) )
and since I clean wipe for EVERY update/install.. Zero issues to be had with your Excellent Work Sir. :cool:

Man.....I just got his CM build all setup and configured and you go and post this....

Now I got to do it all over again! ;)

Sent from my LG-V500

Reactions: RaiderWill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v500/G Pad 8.3" AOKP KitKat LINARO/SABERMOD WEEKLY BUILDS

Weekly 20140719 is ONLINE

Build/Sync Date: July 19 07h:46 GMT+1 Lisbon

DOWNLOAD
    (infected server)

(md5sum included with all builds)

CHANGELOG

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged/

HOMEPAGE

http://infectedbuilds.net

kernel code compiled with linaroarm-eabi-4.7.4 201404 toolchain
    rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 201404 toolchain

FEATURES

-O3 optimizations
    strict-aliasing rules
    custom performance flags
    +30 cherry-picks used

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.7Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
    4x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 10 array, samsung f1 1tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
    (wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 17 x64 "Qiana" 3.13.0-24)

DONATIONS NEEDED
    if you can, please make a small donation... not for my work, 'cause this is a hobby for me, but to keep website and dedicated server up and running, so i can deliver fast and unlimited downloads, and host the builds.

thank you for your comprehension.

regards,

infected_
    Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from AOKP open-source code:

https://github.com/AOKP

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 toolchain used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 toolchain to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

AOKP Dev Team

CxAw1Uv.png
    hhJtyei.png
    xREky84.png
    caEcCfv.png
    LV3r9kI.png
    4BcIjA8.png

new build is up!

regards.
    weekly 20140627 is up.
    Flashing Instructions