CyanogenMod

Search This thread

foamerman

Sep 1, 2010
B-town
Running the nighty now one problem phone didn't ring did a reboot all is good now. Every thing I use is running no FC. So I think I'll be running CM for a DD as I did with my OG droid and the maxx hd...

foamerman

Sep 1, 2010
B-town
how do you like it so far? better than sense? sorry for these kinds of Q's, i haven't ran CM in over a year or so.

I have always liked CM. I'm not real fond of sense I guess I;m not used to it. I like CM because it is ease to use and it's simple I just like the ease things in life. I don't like you have to reboot 5 times to get this to work! or you got to type this to get that to work that's just not for me. That's why I like CM sorry to ramble on...

EDIT I realy think you should try it again???

electric turd

Dec 5, 2012
So all roms for the m8"s are the same? What about the ones in the stock One M8 thread that do not mention verizon?

electric turd

Dec 5, 2012
I tried this rom today. Everything seemed ok but I couldn't get a wifi lock with it. Anyone have any ideas in how to make the wifi work?

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
will definitely give this a go. CM + nova launcher = PERFECTION

(hmmm unless u guys have found a better launcher? im not an expert on launchers)

I have been using Apex lately, it just seems to run a little smoother for me. But Nova is definitely great.

To anyone using this as a DD, how is the speed compared to stock?

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
Love this cm11. Works wonders.

Sent from my One M8 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399593829570.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399593829570.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 454
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399593837328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399593837328.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 452
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399593844932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399593844932.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 433
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399593852607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399593852607.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 398

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
been on this for a about 8 hours now and its running solid! i have noticed an issue with wifi thou if anyone else is having it. keeps dropping my wifi and making me re enter in my password and then disconnects me again. anyone had this issue?

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
been on this for a about 8 hours now and its running solid! i have noticed an issue with wifi thou if anyone else is having it. keeps dropping my wifi and making me re enter in my password and then disconnects me again. anyone had this issue?

I haven't had any problems with the WiFi. Try redownloading then flash cm11. This has been great. The real test is tomorrow at work.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Can some one build a faster kernel for this. Benchmark given bad ratings.

fmcfad01

Aug 4, 2010
Playing music was not working on today's build...but then again, it could have been the download...was over a poor 3G connection at work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod forum link

Link to the developers thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743579
    Sorry. Still new at all this.

All good friend, just don't want to see users going crazy on you cos they followed your directions and it erased all their data. :)
    Best bet is to only give directions, especially for things such as wiping Internal Storage if you know 100% what your explaining.
    (Not saying you don't know, just in this example -- be sure to explain what wiping Internal means, as n00bs may not understand. :cool:

One of the biggest issues, IMHO, on this site is the information that says to do this in one thread and that in another, making it very hard for new users to learn.
    I'm on the 0514 build and most everything is running smoothly, except for one thing. When I play music via BT in my car, the sound just cuts out for a second, every minute or two. It's insanely irritating. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm scared to update to a newer version because of this encryption bug thing.

The encryption bug will only impact you if you hard boot using the Power + Vol +. Use adb reboot if you get stuck and need to reboot if the power menu will not come up. Copy the contents of your SD to your computer PRIOR to updating in case the bug hits you. That way once the new ROM is loaded you can copy the contents of your SD back. The bug does not impact the Ext SD.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

I cannot get my gmail contacts to sync is anyone else having trouble

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have this issue on GPE. I went into Settings->Click on your Google account, click on your email address, check and un check the contacts flag a few times. Eventually, mine did sync. Hopefully that works but GPE is not CM so not sure. Worth a try,
    After doing a backup in recovery. Do a factory reset wipe. Then go into advance wipe.
    Click on
    Dalvik
    Internal SD card
    Cache
    Data

Whip it clean. Then install cm11 and gapps.

Some like myself don't use an SD-Card so wiping Internal would remove all our files.. should give warning
    Not seeing one for the vzw m8 just yet. Anyone else?

There is one m8 build for all m8s. There are no carrier specfic builds.