Can't enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 SM-T900

Search This thread

mediumgrade

Jul 24, 2011
Following different tutorials on how to root my device, they all begin with instructing me to enter "download mode." They all seem to say that I need to press Power+Volume Down+Home and, when the warning screen appears, press Volume Up. Well, I hold down Power+Volume Down+Home (I check a video to make extra sure I was holding down the correct buttons) and all that the device ever does is continually display the initial splash screen, the reboot again. If I let go, the device goes into "manual mode" in which it prompts to reboot, update the device or factory reset it. Am I missing something?

Sorry, I looked at a few articles and could not find a solution.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Following different tutorials on how to root my device, they all begin with instructing me to enter "download mode." They all seem to say that I need to press Power+Volume Down+Home and, when the warning screen appears, press Volume Up. Well, I hold down Power+Volume Down+Home (I check a video to make extra sure I was holding down the correct buttons) and all that the device ever does is continually display the initial splash screen, the reboot again. If I let go, the device goes into "manual mode" in which it prompts to reboot, update the device or factory reset it. Am I missing something?

first press vol down button and hold it and second press home button and hold it and at last press power button

mediumgrade

Jul 24, 2011

ARRRGG. Figured it out. Was pushing the wrong volume button.

Such an ass. Was able to root from there. Thanks all!