8.4 Pro. What bloatware can I turn off/should I turn off?

Search This thread

mjnoles1

Oct 19, 2006
I bought a Tab Pro 8.4 last week (still haven't opened it) from Best Buy for $199. I read reviews that stated there is some hiccups and lagginess while doing multiple things at once.

I will not root the tablet, but, what bloatware can I and should I turn off to make this quicker and not have any lag? I read on the Tab S forum, someone that had the Tab Pro and this is what he mentioned:

haven't picked mine up yet, but I'm coming from a Tab Pro, which should have mostly the same UI elements. It's not difficult to turn off most of the Samsung bloat. In particular, turning off the magazine UI provided a significant boost.

I copied 8.4 forum, but I don't remember where. So I'm sorry to whoever I can't direct appropriate credit:

Try the Nova launcher from the Play Store to improve speed. Set it as your default launcher then Disable/Turn Off;
Flipboard, MagazineWidget, S Voice, Samsung Apps, Samsung Apps Widget, SapaMonitor, Screen Saver, World Clock, and (Hancom; Office for Android Share, Hcell, Hshow, Hword, Updater, Viewer Launcher, and Widget) if you don't plan on using it. Then reboot.

After following these recommendations performance improved significantly, and in using NOVA touchwiz is mostly unseen.

Hopefully this helps, but ultimately if it's not making you happy there's no reason to keep it. Good luck.

Now, I will keep my stock launcher. What can be turned off to give "UI provide a significant boost?" As the above member mentioned. Also, a real newbie question, how do I turn off the recommended bloatware?

Lastly, I just opened it for the first time to charge it. I bought the black tablet. Does the black tablet still come with the white charger? I would of thought the black tablet would come with a black charger?

Last edited:

uponbar

May 27, 2014
It comes with a white charger and cable

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
I've disabled the following: Cisco Webex, e-meeting, Memo, Screensaver, SideSync, SNS

You can speed up magazine UI by removing all of the (magazine) widgets except for one, and removing all of the magazine UI pages except for one.

al2fast

Dec 17, 2010
Under developer options I have window animations and transition animation turned off. I just have the photo widget running in the magazine screen. I think this thing is pretty damn smooth. My first samsung tablet and I don't mid the ui, it's different and a nice change. When I get bored of it I will probably install another launcher. The thing I have grown to love about stock roms is that they generally just work.

Take that out of the box and play with it and you be the judge. You won't find a better tablet for the price.

GTT1

Apr 16, 2011
I've disabled the following: Cisco Webex, e-meeting, Memo, Screensaver, SideSync, SNS

You can speed up magazine UI by removing all of the (magazine) widgets except for one, and removing all of the magazine UI pages except for one.

Older thread but I just picked up this tablet.

To disable the apps you don't want do you use the turn off button in Settings/General/ "Application Manager"?
Is there a danger if you turn off say the ANT apps not sure if they work in tandem with other apps that I want to keep.

arcadia2uk

Jun 19, 2010
Boston, MA

To disable the apps you don't want do you use the turn off button in Settings/General/ "Application Manager"?
Is there a danger if you turn off say the ANT apps not sure if they work in tandem with other apps that I want to keep.

I posted what I had turned off satisfactory in a post a while back in regards to the T-900, but you should more,or less be able to turn off the same things. It was something like 160 files, using the freeze option in Titanium. Good luck.

Reactions: snoozer854

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I posted what I had turned off satisfactory in a post a while back in regards to the T-900, but you should more,or less be able to turn off the same things. It was something like 160 files, using the freeze option in Titanium. Good luck.