Are you still using the screen protector from the box?

Search This thread

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
No Need For Change..

I'm very happy to say not one thing has changed... :cool:

The original factory installed Screen Protector is still in place and holding up PERFECTLY..

I can't believe it's the year 2015.. :cool:
And I'm surprised to say I still own this device.. ( Thanks to having snagged the rare 5-20-14 build of the Mahdi-ROM ) but, I'm not surprised that the original factory installed screen protector is *still* installed and looks just as nice as it did when I first removed the unit from the box.
I don't know what they cost.. or if any are still available.. but I'm glad I've never had to make an investment in a screen protector thanks to LG.. :cool:

cenwesi

Apr 6, 2007
Some where in USA
lol, just the other day, I pulled out the screen protector I ordered and was debating taking the LG factory cover off :)

I don't think I will for now since lg's is still holding strong.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Nothing's Changed...

I'm surprised to say I still own this device.. ( Thanks to having snagged the rare 5-20-14 build of the Mahdi-ROM ) but, I'm not surprised that the original factory installed screen protector is *still* installed and looks just as nice as it did when I first removed the unit from the box.

lthe other day, I pulled out the screen protector I ordered and was debating taking the LG factory cover off :)

I don't think I will for now since lg's is still holding strong.
I've had NO DESIRE to even consider investing in another Tablet... :cool:

The 5-20-14 Mahdi-ROM to this day.. has yet to show even 1 error msg... It's better than the factory ROM.. so why change :confused:

Same can be said about the LG Factory Screen Protector... It amazingly, still performs Like New also.... so again, why change.... ;)

Last edited:

bjcrj

Sep 25, 2012

The 5-20-14 Mahdi-ROM to this day.. has yet to show even 1 error msg... It's better than the factory ROM.. so why change :confused:

Same can be said about the LG Factory Screen Protector... It's amazingly, still performs Like New also.... so again, why change.... ;)

Wish that build was still up somewhere for download

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
It Was His Finest Achievment..

I Don't Remember If It Was Moose Or Mahdi.. :cool:
I know Moose did the compile for the 8.3.. But whichever one sprinkled the "Perfect Dust" on that particular build created something that was never achieved again with any other build prior to or after 5-20-14.. It was Magic.. I've backed my ROM up sooooo many times..:D just to make sure I had a good copy on my PC should something strange happen to my install...

But Nary A Hiccup since I installed it over a year ago.. ;)

Time has moved on to Lollipop.. for everyone...

Everyone but me.... and my G-Pad 8.3... Created by Moose & Mahdi :cool:

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina

There is an active link in the original Mahdi thread. Post made by mercvtio on 6/24/2014

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53159961

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Oops make that 6/4/2014

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Same can be said about the LG Factory Screen Protector... It's amazingly, still performs Like New also.... so again, why change.... ;)

I am still using my LG Gpads too. I am thinking of getting one of the new Asus Zenpads later this year when the 4gb model is released. I am also still using Kitkat (infected's version 9 of Slimrom).

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Wow... It's Time

I was debating taking the LG factory cover off

I don't think so

I Know How You Feel... :cool:
But.. I finally got a few scratches on my original screen protector.. and order a slab of Tempered Glass and a New Case for Xmas 2015..

They have arrived...

And will be installed later this Xmas morning when I wake up.
It's been 2 years since I purchased the 8.3..

Time for a face lift.. ;)

blokant

Nov 28, 2013
I took it away immediately after unboxing , but I use a case for protection. I think that film can be pretty useful if it does anti glaring, I saw something like that on some macbook

sent from my nexus 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: RaiderWill

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
It's Ok...

I took it away immediately after unboxing, I think

What A Fool I've Been...:cool:
There was such a haze under my protector after 2 years... I was looking through a cloud.. and did not realize it..

I've since removed this nightmare and along with my new 3 position folio case, I now enjoy Crystal Clear Clarity & Brightness..

Man I Feel Born Again... :cool:

Reactions: blokant

goran.p

Aug 1, 2013
Skopje
Wow, this tablet is stil amazing. Old screen protector and Crdroid 3.8.1 and everything is just fine. By far the best tablet I ever had. Hope Beroid will bring us Oreo. I never search is there any other table received this much upgrades like GPad 8.3 .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is an active link in the original Mahdi thread. Post made by mercvtio on 6/24/2014

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53159961

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Oops make that 6/4/2014

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I am still using my LG Gpads too. I am thinking of getting one of the new Asus Zenpads later this year when the 4gb model is released. I am also still using Kitkat (infected's version 9 of Slimrom).

I used it until my screen protectors came in from Amazon. I cut the little tab all the way off. ;)

will the screen scratch fastly without the screen protector?
    Removed the screen protection first day just as katsika, just using it at home but it has a tough screen BUT fingerprints is really showing easy on the screen.

Just as a comp. not using any screen protection on my Samsung S3 either and working in a tough environment, not a single scratch. I think most of today screens are used to take some beating.
    2 months and counting.. and the shipping protector is still as smooth as glass and works with or without stylus perfectly. I'm glad I kept it on and just took 2 seconds to cut the pull tab off.. I love how it's 100% bubble free, 100% vivid.. and cleans with just a wipe of the cloth. I'll never remove mine.
    2 months and counting.. and the shipping protector is still as smooth as glass and works with or without stylus perfectly. I'm glad I kept it on and just took 2 seconds to cut the pull tab off.. I love how it's 100% bubble free, 100% vivid.. and cleans with just a wipe of the cloth. I'll never remove mine.

Me too!!
    :good: