FORUMS

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,385

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2018, 11:12 PM |#1541  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
@michel333alfa hello, i use custom rom on redmi note 5 and i have mi in ear headphones hd, so i need a good viper4android profile. I tried ur latest profile and for some reason bass is bit low and treble is high. Is it only for samsung or am i missing smth else? Also turning on and off fireequalizer(with preset) makes no difference, app is working fine tho
22nd December 2018, 04:47 AM |#1542  
Flag It should be not important
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A

@michel333alfa hello, i use custom rom on redmi note 5 and i have mi in ear headphones hd, so i need a good viper4android profile. I tried ur latest profile and for some reason bass is bit low and treble is high. Is it only for samsung or am i missing smth else? Also turning on and off fireequalizer(with preset) makes no difference, app is working fine tho

I believe the problem is in your firequalizer, that does not work
12th January 2019, 07:38 AM |#1543  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Please make irs for VE MONK PLUS earbud. Thank you very much!
12th January 2019, 02:19 PM |#1544  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittvandewitt

It actually is quite complicated.. First you have to find a proper measurement (I recommend innerfidelity) than you have to draw it upside down exactely, so don't scale anything. Just follow the measurent and be precisely.
If you're done with the graph, compensate it with the Harman audio curve for headphones because flat sound sounds really aweful.
And if you are making a vdc file, copy the coordinates from electri-q to vipers toolbox and make sure to limit the max number of coordinates to 25.
I did A LOT of trial and error, more experimenting, comparing and starting over again and again. But I learned a lot and the result is truly awesome.

If someone wants to try, I wish him/her good luck. And I may be willing tot help

Mate can you help me calculate Bandwidth, is it based on HZ and DB? I am searching this thread for one hour but still no luck.
13th January 2019, 12:39 AM |#1545  
Flag `s-Hertogenbosch
Thanks Meter: 205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albaniax

Mate can you help me calculate Bandwidth, is it based on HZ and DB? I am searching this thread for one hour but still no luck.

There is not much to calculate about bandwidth. It's a number that defines how wide the peak is. You can experiment with it in electri-q to get a visual representation
The Following User Says Thank You to pittvandewitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pittvandewitt Ad-Free
13th January 2019, 02:22 PM |#1546  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittvandewitt

There is not much to calculate about bandwidth. It's a number that defines how wide the peak is. You can experiment with it in electri-q to get a visual representation

electri-q, exactly this is what i was looking for, thanks
20th January 2019, 09:04 PM |#1547  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
isine 20
Hi, can you make one for the Audeze iSine 20? I'm trying to match the cipher cable sound, but I only have a samsung s7 and a mac and the cipher can only be used with ios devices
26th January 2019, 03:13 AM |#1548  
Recognized Developer
Flag MilkyWay-SolCluster-Earth-Europe-Germany-BaW├╝
Thanks Meter: 6,087

Donate to Me
More
Anyone has an IRS or DDC/VDC file for the Sony MDR-1a ?

can't seem to have found on

Many thanks in advance
26th January 2019, 10:19 PM |#1549  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 39

More
DDC for Bullets Wireless. Take this with a grain of salt, because I did all tunings by ear.

So, there are two revisions of the DDC curve:

- Rev 1 - plain simple removal of the most annoying resonances. Least intrusive and most effective, has only 4 pinpoint adjustments, rest can be achieved using a built-in EQ.

- Rev 2 - an attempt to flatten frequency response as much as humanly possible. Audio-Technica M40x (with Brainwavz HM5 angled pads) was used as a reference headphone. Has over 20 adjustments. Might sound highly personalized, because I am overly sensitive to 2-4kHz range.

Please report on accuracy. My main concern is that the shape of ear canal might actually affect resonance points.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bullets Wireless DDC.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.6 KB, 82 views)
27th January 2019, 11:32 PM |#1550  
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
For anyone who has Audeze iSine 10/20 headphones like me, I've created the DDC files for our headphones! Sounds great. The DDC file is the same for both the 10 and 20. These are settings taken directly from an Audeze engineer over on Head-Fi.

For those unaware, the Audeze iSine 10/20 headphones basically require equalization. That's how they were designed. Audeze created a special cable called the "Cipher Cable" that has a built in DAC/Amp/DSP that automatically applies an equalization profile. The difference really is night and day. But... The Cipher cable is iOS only.

Audeze did create a bluetooth adapter thing that works with Android (which is nice) but I have an LG V20 with an amazing DAC in it, so I'd much rather use wires for now. Plus, the bluetooth adapter is $100 and doesn't allow for any further equalization.

Now rooted Android users can get a correct system-wide Cipher EQ for their iSine headphones!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=136...N3KELl8m8r9JDH

@lamaslamas

Edit: I've added some Convolver (.irs) files as well and reuploaded as a sort of v1.01 version of the zip file. The Convolver adds a pretty significant delay to audio, so not very good for watching YouTube videos, but personally I find that it sounds a little better. Could just be my imagination though. Parametric EQ settings are the exact same, I triple checked.

By the way, to enable the Convolver you may have to turn on advanced options in Viper4Android's settings. I didn't but I use the Material version of Viper4Android via Magisk.

One last thing. If anyone has any other parametric EQ settings they like for the iSine series that they use just let me know and I'll try to see if I can convert them to .irs or DDC files.

Edit 2: Uploaded v1.02. Added some instructions for how much negative gain to add.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iSine 10 + 20 CIPHER (v1.02).zip - [Click for QR Code] (36.9 KB, 240 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phascinate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phascinate Ad-Free
30th January 2019, 01:01 PM |#1551  
Flag Port Louis
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharias.maladroit

Anyone has an IRS or DDC/VDC file for the Sony MDR-1a ?

can't seem to have found on

Many thanks in advance

@IX here it is
Attached Files
File Type: zip MDR-1A_by-ix-.zip - [Click for QR Code] (448 Bytes, 130 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)