Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Actually I did upgrade to N and kept using it for like 6 months before I downgrade to MM again.

Reactions: NhaKrul

gothicVI

Jun 7, 2014
Munich
Also the reason for me to not upgrade. Actually the reason for me to build lineage 13 for my device (thea)...
Xposed is love, xposed is life!

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk

dr4go

Dec 17, 2010
Vienna
I'm the first "No" in the round... although I would be happier to select... "no, but...", because I'm checking the xposed development multiple times a week, because I really miss some xposed modules. Life definitely is not the same without xposed, but I still prefer an updated and fully patched phone rather than an "outdated" version with less features (Android wise, of course you can do crazy stuff with xposed) and downgraded performance.

dbareis

May 14, 2010
dennisbareis.com
XPOSED appears to be dead or as good as so I won't be waiting much longer. I don't want to wait for every new Android release. I'll be looking for a suitable alternative ROM.

darzur

Jun 21, 2012
I can't imagine android without GravityBox or App Settings not to mention dozens of small single purpose modules. It's a shame that Xposed is developed with one developer only.

prog-amateur

Mar 24, 2010
I have Xposed installed in MM because I prefer to keep Android 6 + Xposed than Android 7 alone.
By the way, I meet an issue, I don't know if it was already solved in the past, but many apps can't start due to Google play services missing. So I have installed Google play service and authorized the permissions without success.
Do you have an idea why ?
Thank you very much.

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Nope. Rovio89 has no time to work on Xposed, meaning Xposed is pretty much dead.

I've upgraded my Nexus and Pixel devices to Nougat and have not missed it one bit.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

It's a shame that Xposed is developed with one developer only.

It's why Xposed is pretty much dead. Nougat has been out for 8 months now. Don't count on it.

Last edited:

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
I know Rovo no have time for xposed, so why no upload source code. XDA have great dev, like Wanam, Topjohnwu, Arter, Chainfire itd itd... I know on 100% if them have sources, xposed on 7 be 6 month ago.

mperkel

Jul 17, 2014
Gilroy
www.junkemailfilter.com
Actually I did upgrade to N and kept using it for like 6 months before I downgrade to MM again.

What made you decide to "downgrade"?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I have Viper 3.5.0 which is the last Viper rom with MM. It works great and I'm sticking with it for now. Need my Gravity Box and other Xposed apps.

akaSM

Apr 22, 2012
Xposed has so many neat modules. Nougat isn't worth it if taht means leaving Xposed.

Reactions: nq

izephyr

Dec 2, 2010
Narayanganj
Staying on MM does not mean that I'm on a outdated system.
Instead of asking the device manufacturer to make the device secure, I'd love to control my security and privacy. With MM, I still got a good performance, battery life and still able to make a call or send an email or message :p .
I'd be on MM as long as I don't see anything that can replace xposed and until I buy a device that cannot be downgraded to MM.

Reactions: nq and iamelton

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even if xposed comes out for nougat it will one day be dead. Might as well update and get used to not having xposed
    No xposed, no android.
    google should assign rovo the head of Android development ASAP , so he could have a good working team for all normal Android + a Xposed Android , aaaahhh just woke up from that nice dream

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
    One of the main reasons I have not upgraded to Nougat, is the lack of Xposed support.

You?
    google should assign rovo the head of Android development ASAP , so he could have a good working team for all normal Android + a Xposed Android , aaaahhh just woke up from that nice dream

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
    Ideally together with chainfire, osm0sis et all, such that we could enable all these nice features in the developer options...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk