By Goku80, Senior Member on 1st March 2013, 12:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2013, 04:52 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Ok mate really thanks i will post my results later xD

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kris234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kris234 Ad-Free

22nd March 2013, 08:06 AM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234

Ok mate really thanks i will post my results later xD

do me a favor...if you are still on renovate 3 try this...instead of having the phone on silent actually use ringtones and notification ringtone and let me know if you still get audioout 4
22nd March 2013, 08:48 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Viber - root cause of audio_out4 wakelock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skn-xda

Have same problem with 1013 (audio_out4)! I have set phone to text and call notification (kind of hard to call a phone a phone if you have to set that to silent, isn't it ).

I think I may have figured out the cause - Viber. I froze it with TB, charged phone to full, unplugged, restarted and now the 1013 (audio_out4) wakelock is only 1s since 1h30m or so. Earlier it would have been almost as much as 1h25m!
22nd March 2013, 09:15 AM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

do me a favor...if you are still on renovate 3 try this...instead of having the phone on silent actually use ringtones and notification ringtone and let me know if you still get audioout 4

Thanks again mate but i just did flashed it back..... but i have the screenshots, and i had the audio out_4 for 1-2 mins for one cycle even if i wasnt on silent
i got mainly no connection or bad signal wakelock...
22nd March 2013, 10:15 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Thanks again mate but i just did flashed it back..... but i have the screenshots, and i had the audio out_4 for 1-2 mins for one cycle even if i wasnt on silent
i got mainly no connection or bad signal wakelock...

Have you installed viber?
22nd March 2013, 10:45 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Hi, just thought I would point out something that helped me a lot in this regard. I un-installed the gallery app and the music app and replaced them with "quickpic" and "poweramp" which seemed to stop my issues with media scan. I did freeze the original apps for a week prior to taking the last step though.

Sent from my antique Speak and Spell running Froyo.
22nd March 2013, 11:37 AM |#117  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skn-xda

Have you installed viber?

no i havent use it since the stock rom cuz it was draining my battery i only use whatsapp atm...
26th March 2013, 01:47 PM |#118  

More
So here my reply, I reverted to renovate 2 with 188v4 kernel and now i have good reception (thanks goku) . I have not so good screen on time (2h) but i had like 3days screen off time.
I find renovate 2 much more stable

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364302017654.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1834888   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364302032637.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1834889   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364302049311.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1834891   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364302062530.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1834892  
27th March 2013, 09:22 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix

More
Quote:

So here my reply, I reverted to renovate 2 with 188v4 kernel and now i have good reception (thanks goku) . I have not so good screen on time (2h) but i had like 3days screen off time.
I find renovate 2 much more stable

screen on time will improve trust me..give it a few more charge cycles stick with the same kernel and reap the rewards my friend...audioout not much we can do about it apart from the usual tips i already gave you.......

regarding the rest of your wakelocks personally there is nothing there to say it is draining your battery drastically....your battery life looks great and it lasts you more than a day.. impressive
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 10:25 AM |#120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

screen on time will improve trust me..give it a few more charge cycles stick with the same kernel and reap the rewards my friend...audioout not much we can do about it apart from the usual tips i already gave you.......

regarding the rest of your wakelocks personally there is nothing there to say it is draining your battery drastically....your battery life looks great and it lasts you more than a day.. impressive

Again thanks for the tips and guides i will try to get ride of some of the known wakelocks, and tweak it a lil bit and i will postback the results. I just didnt have time cuz of exams :/
btw im not using PMC setups or anything just the default kernel ones

And sorry for the bad quality of the screenshots i uploaded them with my phone i didnt know they would suck so much
27th March 2013, 10:58 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix

More
Quote:

Again thanks for the tips and guides i will try to get ride of some of the known wakelocks, and tweak it a lil bit and i will postback the results. I just didnt have time cuz of exams :/
btw im not using PMC setups or anything just the default kernel ones

And sorry for the bad quality of the screenshots i uploaded them with my phone i didnt know they would suck so much

man it is fine honestly....default kernel ones believe it or not are the best ones in my opinion but does not hurt to experiment a little
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)