24th July 2010, 06:19 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
blue would be nice too if you were feeling generous

24th July 2010, 06:55 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
HELP

Okay I followed the directions (copied and pasted to adb shell so no mistakes) and after the reboot, the status bar is the same.

Also, I wish the backing up of the original framework file was in the original post, because I didn't see it it until after.

So just to try backing up the original since it seems the black bar did not show up, I followed the directions to back up the original, and after the command:

cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard

it says "cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk: not found"

Now, even when I try to repeat placing the modded framework on the device again, I also get "cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk: not found"

What does this mean? What do I do at this point? Why does it say not found when I try to copy it to the SD card now as well as when I try to mod it again. And why didn't the black bar work??
24th July 2010, 07:15 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4747

HELP

Okay I followed the directions (copied and pasted to adb shell so no mistakes) and after the reboot, the status bar is the same.

Also, I wish the backing up of the original framework file was in the original post, because I didn't see it it until after.

So just to try backing up the original since it seems the black bar did not show up, I followed the directions to back up the original, and after the command:

cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard

it says "cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk: not found"

Now, even when I try to repeat placing the modded framework on the device again, I also get "cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk: not found"

What does this mean? What do I do at this point? Why does it say not found when I try to copy it to the SD card now as well as when I try to mod it again. And why didn't the black bar work??

there is a space after cp.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
24th July 2010, 07:21 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanVitox

there is a space after cp.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

When I fix the space and try to back up again, it says:
"/sdcard/framework-res.apk: Read-only file system"

And when I CD to /system and do ls, I see this...how come it says framework and not framework-res??:

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/Guts311/CMD.jpg (EDIT: Nvm it is in the framework folder)

So when I try to copy the new one, I get "cp: /sdcard/framework-res.apk: No such file or directory"

And if I try the backing up of the current file on the device, I get "cp: /sdcard/framework-res.apk: Read-only file system"

WHAT DO I DO??? I did nothing wrong when looking at the directions..

EDIT: Does this have to do with me being in Mass Storage mode..like maybe it can't see the file because it is mounted as a drive? I was never able to root it in PC Mode (I couldn't get it to find the device unless it is in Mass Storage mode) so I have been doing everything in Mass Storage mode...
24th July 2010, 08:06 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Florida
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4747

When I fix the space and try to back up again, it says:
"/sdcard/framework-res.apk: Read-only file system"

And when I CD to /system and do ls, I see this...how come it says framework and not framework-res??:

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/Guts311/CMD.jpg

So when I try to copy the new one, I get "cp: /sdcard/framework-res.apk: No such file or directory"

And if I try the backing up of the current file on the device, I get "cp: /sdcard/framework-res.apk: Read-only file system"

WHAT DO I DO??? I did nothing wrong when looking at the directions..

EDIT: Does this have to do with me being in Mass Storage mode..like maybe it can't see the file because it is mounted as a drive? I was never able to root it in PC Mode (I couldn't get it to find the device unless it is in Mass Storage mode) so I have been doing everything in Mass Storage mode...

you have to have root to perform this mod. If you do not see the # it will not change anything. You said you still see the light gray bar so you have not broken anything yet. Stop until you have everything right. If you mess this up your phone will be stuck in a boot loop. Can't post original file until i get home later tonight.
24th July 2010, 08:08 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenfaces

you have to have root to perform this mod. If you do not see the # it will not change anything. You said you still see the light gray bar so you have not broken anything yet. Stop until you have everything right. If you mess this up your phone will be stuck in a boot loop. Can't post original file until i get home later tonight.

I already have root. I attained Superuser access the first day it was available, have gotten the phone prompts to permission SU access with the Ninja pic, removed bloatware, done free WiFi tether, have the ninja SU app in the app list, etc..

Obviously I know that already or else I'd be a moron.

So what else is wrong here? Please someone help me as obviously these instructions screwed me over...

I will gladly chat on AIM or Gmail to get help since it is easier, please someone help me before this phone gets ruined.
24th July 2010, 08:22 PM |#27  

More
READ and update OP please!!:

I figured it out. It was because I had it in Mass Storage mode, and the device folders could not interact with the SD card since it was mounted I guess.

So, I changed it to Charge Only mode and did everything and it worked!!

Just a word of advice, put the backup instructions in the OP FIRST and also fix the line in the backup instructions here to have a space after the cp: "cp/system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard"

Also, any possibility of getting a black or other colored bar in the framework that has all the original battery/3G icons?
24th July 2010, 09:14 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did this to my Droid X, but it seems like it effectively killed all of my social networking stuff.

That, and the bottom phone and contacts buttons do not work anymore. Just the app drawer button works.
24th July 2010, 09:21 PM |#29  

More
it did that to me at first too but i just removed the widgets and readded them and it works fine now
24th July 2010, 09:26 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanVitox

it did that to me at first too but i just removed the widgets and readded them and it works fine now

Damn really? I just put the default notification bar back on there!

Although, all of my contacts are now without pictures... and there seems to be a second Facebook icon in the Accounts page, that remains untouchable.

Yeah, it's not syncing with Facebook for whatever reason...
24th July 2010, 09:41 PM |#31  

More
See the attachment. I don't recall that second (bigger) looking Facebook icon being there before. And it remains untouchable. This happened right after I changed the status bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20100724_133659.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	366228  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)