[30/06][CM10.1][Kernel][ODEX] Lenio vQuattro

Search This thread

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
4rer.png

Are you guys struggling to get good performance on Jelly Bean?

Are you sick of cleaning up the system after flashing a new ROM?

Do you want to do something simple like surfing the internet, without having to watch the battery percentage going down with every second??

Then this ROM is for you lazy bums. From the developer of Badass Kernel, coming with a hell lot of tweaking, a clean system, a new kernel and a stupid "commercial-like" introduction, this ROM will make sure you get out your phone every 2 minutes just to admire its coolness.

So, getting into serious business..

This rom is based on CM10.1.0 nightly and my Badass Kernel.

Features:
  • 24-step Volume
  • Zipaligned and fully optimized system apps
  • Apps2SD integrated with zipaligning everytime a non-zipaligned app is installed
  • Clean system, stripped of unnecesary libs and apps
  • PureAudio engine tweaked to work with any equalizer (you gotta try DSPManager's Bass Boost now)
  • Dolby Virtualizer activated at boot through snd2354 binary
  • Youtube app with MP3 and Video download integrated
  • Patched Services for better multitasking
  • Updated Superuser and Zipalign binaries
  • Eliminated SMS-to-MMS conversion when reaching 160 characters, added message pop-up
  • Latest Multi-DPI Playstore included in GApps version
  • Android's Native Task Killer values tweaked (no need for minfree script or ram manager)
  • zRam, zCache and Kernel Samepage Merging fully working and activated(no need for swap anymore)
  • Perfect Keyboard
  • Undervolt, Underclock, Triple Buffer and all the other modifications present in my kernel
  • Really lightweight modified Zeam Launcher
  • Gapps included
  • New fonts optimized for LDPI resolution
  • New proprietary theme
  • LMT Launcher Pie Control
  • Smoother SystemUI animations (you have to apply Lenio theme to get these, I can't integrate them in the system yet)
    v3
  • Replaced Perfect Keyboard with zipaligned LatinIME
  • Added NexMusic player
  • Resized zRam disk
  • Tweaked LowMemoryKiller parameters
  • Enabled vSync(hopefully)
  • Added Smooth Scrolling in framework.jar
  • Set correct permissions to /sd-ext folders inside the A2SD script
  • Updated kernel to 1.6.1
    • Added LowBattery Powersave feature for Badass governor
    • Badass parameters are more performance biased now
    • Recalculated Frame Buffer Size for Triple Buffering
    • Clean-up(remove deprecated CPU governors)
    • Backport Adaptive RED Net Scheduler from 3.4 kernel
    • Replace Snappy Compression with the much faster LZ4 Compressor for zRam
    v4
  • Rebase on latest CM10.1.0
  • Update compcache script(now zRam can be activated from Settings->Performance->Memory Management, it is not activated by default anymore, but it is recommended that you enable it)
  • Integrate StatusBar smooth animations in the framework. The theme is just for whoever likes the look now.
  • Whole system Odex-ed
  • Update kernel to latest version
    vQuattro 30/06
  • Update base to latest CM10.1 nightly
  • Add Touchpal with LDPI optimized theme
  • Change SMS Popup layout
  • Re-think services.jar values for better performance in detriment of multitasking
  • Adjust minfree values to suit the new services.jar values
  • Add Now Playing player
  • Re-optimize apps with a higher threshold of optimizing(goddamn, this took 6 hours)
  • Take down the NoGapps version to avoid weird bugs(to get a NoGapps version, just delete everything that starts with Google in /system/app after boot)
  • Update kernel to 1.8
    • Add SIOPlus scheduler (finally something equal or better than deadline)
    • Add CPU Idle driver to support C4 Deeper Sleep state
    • Add Wheatley governor to make more use of the new C4 state.
    • Change Bootsplash

Screens:

37q.png

Download:

Installation:
  • Copy the flashable zip to sdcard
  • Wipe data
  • Flash in recovery
  • Reboot and wait 5-10 minutes for the first boot
  • Change CPU governor to Badass or Smartass to get rid of the lag
  • Apply Lenio theme in ThemeChooser for a fresh new layout
  • Be amazed!

PRO Tips:
  • Use SmartassH3 or Badass with 68-652 MHz and Deadline I/O for good performance/battery balance
  • Enable zRam in Settings->Performance->Memory Management
  • Disable logging and notifications in both SuperSU and Setting->Superuser for a performance boost
  • Check Disable HW Overlays in Developer Options (NOTE:This option resets at every boot)
  • Install CrossBreeder from my kernel's thread
  • ..to be continued

Credits:
  • MatrixDJ96 for the odexing script
  • Osama Ghareeb for Youtube app with MP3 and Video download
  • noname81 for LMT Launcher
  • AndroidarmV6 and A_U for the base kernels
  • Cronic Corey for A2SD script
  • Jeeko for PureAudio

*Sorry about the totally unoriginal slogan but I f*ckin' love Carlsberg :)

Last edited:

Jhayzt

Nov 1, 2011
Urdaneta
I'm getting geeksm at the moment dude. I mean, consider me a serious big fan of your kernel and it was a big surprise that you finally ported your kernel. and then this. I was constantly snapping my fingers whether to port your ROM. xD man if only the webs has a teleporting device I'd send you a beer! Hands down mate, this will be my daily driver. :D Can't wait to get home and start downloading! Keep it up mate!

@ssasin.monish

Apr 3, 2012
::::Near Hell::::
I'm getting geeksm at the moment dude. I mean, consider me a serious big fan of your kernel and it was a big surprise that you finally ported your kernel. and then this. I was constantly snapping my fingers whether to port your ROM. xD man if only the webs has a teleporting device I'd send you a beer! Hands down mate, this will be my daily driver. :D Can't wait to get home and start downloading! Keep it up mate!

True that..
Yesterday only i saw this and thought of asking you to make one for our device too...
I think u can read our minds.. :p
Great work!!!!!!!!!:good:

Subdin

Apr 22, 2013
Sarajevo
bugs!

other bugs: in ATTACHED FILES!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-08.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-08.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-13.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-59.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-25-15-46-59.png
    55 KB · Views: 366

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi

Those are known bugs. The first two, because of the font, and it is present only in DeskClock. But I assumed that it's not such a big thing. If it bothers you that much, you can simply replace my rom's fonts folder with the original AOKP one. :)

That 0.00B ram is a visual flaw. Check with other Task managers. You will always see 60-80MB free RAM. And that's a lot.

I rebased the whole ROM in hope of fixing the camera issue. So redownload and report. Droider might be right, I think it is a libs problem too. I think my diff tool is broken because it didn't show any differences in libs folder.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'm glad you're so involved in this and don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me for every little mistake. I don't like excuses(but I'm good at them) but you already know I don't have a Galaxy Fit so I'm counting on your reports to make a good ROM.

I won't be around here much because I'm preparing for my exams, so I'll respond kinda rarely.

PS: If the camera is still not fixed, it might be a kernel problem.

Reactions: Harpratap and b_dev

Subdin

Apr 22, 2013
Sarajevo
Those are known bugs. The first two, because of the font, and it is present only in DeskClock. But I assumed that it's not such a big thing. If it bothers you that much, you can simply replace my rom's fonts folder with the original AOKP one. :)

That 0.00B ram is a visual flaw. Check with other Task managers. You will always see 60-80MB free RAM. And that's a lot.

I rebased the whole ROM in hope of fixing the camera issue. So redownload and report. Droider might be right, I think it is a libs problem too. I think my diff tool is broken because it didn't show any differences in libs folder.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'm glad you're so involved in this and don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me for every little mistake. I don't like excuses(but I'm good at them) but you already know I don't have a Galaxy Fit so I'm counting on your reports to make a good ROM.

I won't be around here much because I'm preparing for my exams, so I'll respond kinda rarely.

Everything now works fine!
Thanks!
Your Youtube6.apk making problem with quality I think OG Downloader!
So I removed and install it from play store :D

Last edited:

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
@dev
Can U Tell Me Advantages and Disadvatages Of Odexed Rom And Deodexed Rom Plz...
I read Somewhere That Odex Has Some limitations Of Editing Service.jar

The process of odexing creates some odex files which contain some references to the bootclasspath of the system. The bootclasspath consists of some framework files among which is found the services.jar file too. Editing one single file of the framework will f*ck up all the odexed apps.
Other limitation is that you can't baksmali an odex file, you have to reodex the classes.dex to disassemble it and modify it.

But why do you want to edit services.jar? It is already patched with zeppelinrox Supercharger. And the Multi-DPI Playstore is already included in the ROM. Please read the first post, it's all written there.

Reactions: b_dev

hrgh

Oct 7, 2012
Shiraz
Nice Rom
Everything is perfect , fast , beautiful
Just need some resizing in phone app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-29-10-19-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-29-10-19-00.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4rer.png

Are you guys struggling to get good performance on Jelly Bean?

Are you sick of cleaning up the system after flashing a new ROM?

Do you want to do something simple like surfing the internet, without having to watch the battery percentage going down with every second??

Then this ROM is for you lazy bums. From the developer of Badass Kernel, coming with a hell lot of tweaking, a clean system, a new kernel and a stupid "commercial-like" introduction, this ROM will make sure you get out your phone every 2 minutes just to admire its coolness.

So, getting into serious business..

This rom is based on CM10.1.0 nightly and my Badass Kernel.

Features:
    • 24-step Volume
    • Zipaligned and fully optimized system apps
    • Apps2SD integrated with zipaligning everytime a non-zipaligned app is installed
    • Clean system, stripped of unnecesary libs and apps
    • PureAudio engine tweaked to work with any equalizer (you gotta try DSPManager's Bass Boost now)
    • Dolby Virtualizer activated at boot through snd2354 binary
    • Youtube app with MP3 and Video download integrated
    • Patched Services for better multitasking
    • Updated Superuser and Zipalign binaries
    • Eliminated SMS-to-MMS conversion when reaching 160 characters, added message pop-up
    • Latest Multi-DPI Playstore included in GApps version
    • Android's Native Task Killer values tweaked (no need for minfree script or ram manager)
    • zRam, zCache and Kernel Samepage Merging fully working and activated(no need for swap anymore)
    • Perfect Keyboard
    • Undervolt, Underclock, Triple Buffer and all the other modifications present in my kernel
    • Really lightweight modified Zeam Launcher
    • Gapps included
    • New fonts optimized for LDPI resolution
    • New proprietary theme
    • LMT Launcher Pie Control
    • Smoother SystemUI animations (you have to apply Lenio theme to get these, I can't integrate them in the system yet)
      v3
    • Replaced Perfect Keyboard with zipaligned LatinIME
    • Added NexMusic player
    • Resized zRam disk
    • Tweaked LowMemoryKiller parameters
    • Enabled vSync(hopefully)
    • Added Smooth Scrolling in framework.jar
    • Set correct permissions to /sd-ext folders inside the A2SD script
    • Updated kernel to 1.6.1
      • Added LowBattery Powersave feature for Badass governor
      • Badass parameters are more performance biased now
      • Recalculated Frame Buffer Size for Triple Buffering
      • Clean-up(remove deprecated CPU governors)
      • Backport Adaptive RED Net Scheduler from 3.4 kernel
      • Replace Snappy Compression with the much faster LZ4 Compressor for zRam
      v4
    • Rebase on latest CM10.1.0
    • Update compcache script(now zRam can be activated from Settings->Performance->Memory Management, it is not activated by default anymore, but it is recommended that you enable it)
    • Integrate StatusBar smooth animations in the framework. The theme is just for whoever likes the look now.
    • Whole system Odex-ed
    • Update kernel to latest version
      vQuattro 30/06
    • Update base to latest CM10.1 nightly
    • Add Touchpal with LDPI optimized theme
    • Change SMS Popup layout
    • Re-think services.jar values for better performance in detriment of multitasking
    • Adjust minfree values to suit the new services.jar values
    • Add Now Playing player
    • Re-optimize apps with a higher threshold of optimizing(goddamn, this took 6 hours)
    • Take down the NoGapps version to avoid weird bugs(to get a NoGapps version, just delete everything that starts with Google in /system/app after boot)
    • Update kernel to 1.8
      • Add SIOPlus scheduler (finally something equal or better than deadline)
      • Add CPU Idle driver to support C4 Deeper Sleep state
      • Add Wheatley governor to make more use of the new C4 state.
      • Change Bootsplash

Screens:

37q.png

Download:

Installation:
    • Copy the flashable zip to sdcard
    • Wipe data
    • Flash in recovery
    • Reboot and wait 5-10 minutes for the first boot
    • Change CPU governor to Badass or Smartass to get rid of the lag
    • Apply Lenio theme in ThemeChooser for a fresh new layout
    • Be amazed!

PRO Tips:
    • Use SmartassH3 or Badass with 68-652 MHz and Deadline I/O for good performance/battery balance
    • Enable zRam in Settings->Performance->Memory Management
    • Disable logging and notifications in both SuperSU and Setting->Superuser for a performance boost
    • Check Disable HW Overlays in Developer Options (NOTE:This option resets at every boot)
    • Install CrossBreeder from my kernel's thread
    • ..to be continued

Credits:
    • MatrixDJ96 for the odexing script
    • Osama Ghareeb for Youtube app with MP3 and Video download
    • noname81 for LMT Launcher
    • AndroidarmV6 and A_U for the base kernels
    • Cronic Corey for A2SD script
    • Jeeko for PureAudio

*Sorry about the totally unoriginal slogan but I f*ckin' love Carlsberg :)

Thanks man! :)

New version available :)

While testing I noticed that the lag comes only from the lack of free RAM. The kernel has good CPU management already, so the slow UI is caused only by too many background apps and services that don't let much free RAM for the new apps.

I changed the Services ADJ and Max apps values for more free RAM. Right now I'm testing some more aggresive values so expect an update soon.

Also I themed the Touchpal keyboard to finally look good on a LDPI resolution, this keyboard is pretty amazing if you dig through its settings.
    Great work on this ROM! It feels very smooth ^^ . But as the other CM10.1 I've tested, I don't find the Performance menu in Settings :( ? Any Idea why?

Go to Settings->About and press Build number 7 times.

I wonder why CM team hides these..