[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 9.0.6 FINAL Stable (Android 9.0) for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

Siddk007

Nov 15, 2012
Bengaluru
Google Pixel 6a
forum-1080x554-png.1021102

Hi everyone!

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.0.6 for both the devices.

[Changelog]

System:
  • Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
  • General bug fixes and improvements
  • Updated GMS apps

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 3 and 3T, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

This OTA will have a staged rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users initially and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs, so using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

This will be the last update for these two devices and we can't thank you enough for your invaluable feedback throughout these three years. With your support, we improved Oxygen OS across three major Android versions and dozens of updates. This is not the end for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, though. Starting next week, we will start highlighting some of the great work done by the developer community, for those of you considering to have a go at Custom ROMs.

Your feedback is appreciated. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Siddk007

Nov 15, 2012
Bengaluru
Google Pixel 6a
Installation Methods

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Important Note: If your device’s Bootloader is Unlocked, then installing this firmware will factory reset your phone as this is a firmware upgrade. All your personal data and app data will be wiped clean! So backup before flashing!

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below.

********************* For OOS Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.
2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA
5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.
The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3/3T is now running on the latest OxygenOS firmware & OS based on 9.0 Pie :fingers-crossed:

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.

************************ For OOS users with TWRP and unlocked Bootloader************************

NOTE: This dirty flashing method is from the users who tried it and were successful. Please backup to be on safer side.

1. In TWRP, wipe cache & dalvik
2. Flash OOS Full Rom Zip
3. Flash Magisk for Root access (Optional)
4. Reboot to TWRP (to retain recovery as TWRP)
5. Reboot to system

************************ For Custom ROM Users with TWRP Recovery************************

Download the required files from Post 2

Once you have downloaded all the required files on your device, please follow as below:

Backup your phone storage contents to an external mass storage as everything will be wiped.

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
2. Wipe Dalvik , System, Data & Cache
3. Format Data partition - system will be encrypted (this is a must else system will not boot the new Android version)
- Now your phone has been completely wiped. Copy the zip files to your phone by connecting to your PC/laptop while still in TWRP
3. Install Menu > Select OOS Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash
4. Flash Magisk for Root access (Optional)
5. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
6. Reboot System and enjoy latest OxygenOS based on 9.0 Pie :fingers-crossed:

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.

Last edited:

ak_bagade

Jun 16, 2015
hyd
Hey i recently both a one plus 3t and rooted it how do i know which roms support sah charging and which do not?
i want to flash the latest nitrogen oreo 8.1 does that support dash charging?

B

bnghty

@Siddk007 Flashing magisk right after 5.0.1 will make twrp stay as before? I always lose it after flashing oos

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Downloads

OOS 5.0.1 full zip : Gdrive

Blu_Spark TWRP

ROOT: Magisk OR SuperSU

Warning : Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
Are you sure Magisk 15.1 is fine to be flashed with Rom 5.0.1 ?
Have you tried this yourself?

There are many posts mentioning bootloops because of this magisk version

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Reactions: cgiAlexis

conephall

Oct 25, 2014
My OP3T is on OOS 4.5.1. It is rooted with Magisk 14.0. I have twrp version 3.1.1-x blu spark v38 . I want to update to the latest OOS 5.0.1. Can anyone give me advice on the steps to take and which versions I need of everything? I don't want any bootloops...

DarkSJ1998

My OP3T is on OOS 4.5.1. It is rooted with Magisk 14.0. I have twrp version 3.1.1-x blu spark v38 . I want to update to the latest OOS 5.0.1. Can anyone give me advice on the steps to take and which versions I need of everything? I don't want any bootloops...
You need to get blu_spark TWRP 3.2.1.x (v8.61)

And to avoid problems, I suggest you go for Magisk v14.6. I myself am on Magisk v14.6 and didn't face any boot loop. And, to be on safer side, do take backup of all your data :)

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller 3T using Tapatalk

matmike

Nov 10, 2006
Munich
Hi,

thanks for this hint! Using Magisk 14.6 did the trick for me, combined with the blu_spark TWRP 3.2.1.x (v8.61) and wiping Dalvik/Cache.
After the first start, I ran the update to Magisk 15.1 directly in Magisk Manager and it also worked.
Every try befoe that led to a non starting system that got stuck in the OnePlus screen.

BR,
Matthias

slothyspam

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

thanks for this hint! Using Magisk 14.6 did the trick for me, combined with the blu_spark TWRP 3.2.1.x (v8.61) and wiping Dalvik/Cache.
After the first start, I ran the update to Magisk 15.1 directly in Magisk Manager and it also worked.
Every try befoe that led to a non starting system that got stuck in the OnePlus screen.

BR,
Matthias

Can confirm same behavior with phone getting stuck on boot logo when updating with 15.1 but succeeding with 14.6.

Reactions: thomasnsr

Siddk007

Nov 15, 2012
Bengaluru
Google Pixel 6a
Are you sure Magisk 15.1 is fine to be flashed with Rom 5.0.1 ?
Have you tried this yourself?

There are many posts mentioning bootloops because of this magisk version

well, i have not tried myself but some have reported that magisk 15.1 works. let me confirm again. else i will update OP with 14.6
have u tried to unmount system prior to flashing magisk 15.1?

edit: 15.1 works if after rebooting oos and then flashed

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasnsr

goodoldie1996

Jul 18, 2013
New Delhi
Installation Methods ;)

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below

PS: Dirty flash is fine if you are running a previous OOS version or any rom based on OOS, else if you come from a custom rom Clean Flash is recommended.

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.
2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File
4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA
The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3T is now running on the latest OxygenOS 5.0.1 firmware & OS based on 8.0 Oreo :fingers-crossed:

* After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
* If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.4GB zip.
* Download that and follow the same process as above.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Once you have downloaded all the required files on you device, please follow as below
1. Update TWRP to the ones provided above by flashing the downloaded image
2. Reboot Recovery and Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM
(Note: Nandroid from 3.0.4-1 cant be restored on older version or and visa-versa)
3. Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe
4. Install Menu > Select OOS 5.0.1 Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash
5. Flash the provided SuperSU/Magisk to maintain root (Optional)
6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
7. Reboot System and Enjoy OxygenOS 5.0.1 Firmware & Latest OOS based on 8.0 Oreo :fingers-crossed:

The first boot may take some time as the system would boot twice due to flash of supersu so keep calm :fingers-crossed:

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
Can magisk be flashed after rebooting the rom? I tried flashing rom and magisk at the same time and it was stuck at the 'powered by Android' screen for about 7 minutes.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
well, i have not tried myself but some have reported that magisk 15.1 works. let me confirm again. else i will update OP with 14.6
have u tried to unmount system prior to flashing magisk 15.1?

edit: 15.1 works if after rebooting oos and then flashed

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
What do you mean?
If you flash the Rom and then you reboot without flashing Magisk,then you will lose the custom recovery.
In this case not only you wont be able to flash Magisk, you will have the stock recovery and you will have to start the whole process from scratch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forum-1080x554-png.1021102

Hi everyone!

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.0.6 for both the devices.

[Changelog]

System:
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
    • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Updated GMS apps

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 3 and 3T, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

This OTA will have a staged rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users initially and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs, so using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

This will be the last update for these two devices and we can't thank you enough for your invaluable feedback throughout these three years. With your support, we improved Oxygen OS across three major Android versions and dozens of updates. This is not the end for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, though. Starting next week, we will start highlighting some of the great work done by the developer community, for those of you considering to have a go at Custom ROMs.

Your feedback is appreciated. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle :fingers-crossed:
    Downloads

OOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 3T
    MD5 : e4e46aa9eebffdd485071383dcda4218

OOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 3
    MD5 : 7c2a1e83ac1a83a3ceb287983496549b

OOS 9.0.5
    OOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3T
    MD5 : ba020a5047f6a166853ec77486f2fd62

OOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3
    MD5 : f7e17059507758b90dd9709d24e243bb

Official TWRP 3.3.1-0

ROOT: Magisk
    Installation Methods

Important Note: If your device’s Bootloader is Unlocked, then installing this firmware will factory reset your phone as this is a firmware upgrade. All your personal data and app data will be wiped clean! So backup before flashing!

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below.

********************* For OOS Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3/3T is now running on the latest OxygenOS firmware & OS based on 9.0 Pie :fingers-crossed:

************************ For OOS users with TWRP and unlocked Bootloader************************

NOTE: This dirty flashing method is from the users who tried it and were successful. Please backup to be on safer side.

1. In TWRP, wipe cache & dalvik
    2. Flash OOS Full Rom Zip
    3. Flash Magisk for Root access (Optional)
    4. Reboot to TWRP (to retain recovery as TWRP)
    5. Reboot to system

************************ For Custom ROM Users with TWRP Recovery************************

Once you have downloaded all the required files on your device, please follow as below:

Backup your phone storage contents to an external mass storage as everything will be wiped.

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    2. Wipe Dalvik , System, Data & Cache
    3. Format Data partition - system will be encrypted (this is a must else system will not boot the new Android version)
    - Now your phone has been completely wiped. Copy the zip files to your phone by connecting to your PC/laptop while still in TWRP
    3. Install Menu > Select OOS Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash
    4. Flash Magisk for Root access (Optional)
    5. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
    6. Reboot System and enjoy latest OxygenOS based on 9.0 Pie :fingers-crossed:

New update 9.0.5:
    Changelog:
    System
    Updated Android security patch to 2019.8
    General bug fixes and improvements

Source: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-5-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1086788/
    Want to get rid of DM-Verity/Force Encryption? Check this THREAD