blue tooth auto on/off

Search This thread

jfolliard

Apr 27, 2008
I recall looking for something like this many months ago so I thought I'd try again.

Anything out there that would automatically turn BT off if not connected within a set period of time? Sure would be a handy battery saver.

Of course the perfect thing would be when a BT device is activated (like a handsfree car phone device) it would automatically turn the handheld's BT on.

It would be worth some $$$ to me.

Jack

Jul 26, 2006
Bad idea...

Unlike WiFi, which is an awful battery drain, Bluetooth makes no detectable difference in the battery life and it's fine to leave it on all the time.
Unfortunately, the latest version of the Sprint ROM (with WM 6.1) turns it off at apparently random intervals, which has been driving me bonkers. I won't say that I would pay for a utility to keep it running, but what I would appreciate is a reasonably bug-free OS on a two year old piece of hardware... Obviously now that it's discontinued it's not something that stands a chance to happen.
My commitment expires in June, I'm so getting the new iPhone and never looking back! really fed up with WM.

jfolliard

Apr 27, 2008
sorry but I have to disagree on BT battery drain. My experience is that BT left on drains the battery very rapidly compared with it being off.