[Q] Android holding Exclamation Point during upgrade

Search This thread

Hotaru99

Apr 28, 2012
So, I'm another user with gen 3.2, trying to get the ICS update. Been following the threads at the Acer forums, and here, about using the power/volume reset with update.zip methods. But the problem is that no matter what decrypted update.zip I use, both trying to go to 3.2.1 and straight to ICS, as soon as the update begins I get the Droid holding an exclamation point sign, then the tab resets and boots up normally.

I'm on an A100, 3.2, Kernel version 2.6.36.3, Build Number 1.018.05_COM_Gen2. Battery is at full charge and the charger is connected. Tablet is not rooted, and has been factory reset. Any help is appreciated.

Synica1

Jan 8, 2012
So, I'm another user with gen 3.2, trying to get the ICS update. Been following the threads at the Acer forums, and here, about using the power/volume reset with update.zip methods. But the problem is that no matter what decrypted update.zip I use, both trying to go to 3.2.1 and straight to ICS, as soon as the update begins I get the Droid holding an exclamation point sign, then the tab resets and boots up normally.

I'm on an A100, 3.2, Kernel version 2.6.36.3, Build Number 1.018.05_COM_Gen2. Battery is at full charge and the charger is connected. Tablet is not rooted, and has been factory reset. Any help is appreciated.

Look inside the update.zip file you're using, you should see like four folders, a couple of text files, and a boot.img / flexrom.img file. If you see another .ZIP file instead, you probably have your update.zip nested inside another .ZIP file. Just need to "unwrap" it.

Hope that helps!

BcWilk

Mar 28, 2012

I was in exactly the same boat as you. I flashed the update from here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611696

with no problems.

I do know however others have had issues with their micro sd cards.
make sure it is formatted fat
try another card, some just don't want to play nice.

past that put that file, and that file only on the card, rename to update, and flash away. it worked great. I should have done it weeks ago.

Hotaru99

Apr 28, 2012
No, I see the boot and flexrom.img files. All the ones I've tried were (supposedly) pre-decrypted files and are only zipped to one level.

The attempt to get to 3.2.1 file is 235 meg, and has Acer_A100_2.007.04_COM_GEN1.txt in it. The file attempting to go straight to ICS is the stock release from this site.

Synica1

Jan 8, 2012
No, I see the boot and flexrom.img files. All the ones I've tried were (supposedly) pre-decrypted files and are only zipped to one level.

The attempt to get to 3.2.1 file is 235 meg, and has Acer_A100_2.007.04_COM_GEN1.txt in it. The file attempting to go straight to ICS is the stock release from this site.

Hmmm. You haven't done a custom recovery or anything, right? Could be an SD card issue, like the user above mentioned.

Hotaru99

Apr 28, 2012
Ok, now that is weird. I use a Sandisk 16gb in my tablet, and it wasnt working. Just tried the 4gb Sandisk from my phone (after backing it up), and its installing >_< Thanks for the help, been trying all day lol.

Synica1

Jan 8, 2012
Ok, now that is weird. I use a Sandisk 16gb in my tablet, and it wasnt working. Just tried the 4gb Sandisk from my phone (after backing it up), and its installing >_< Thanks for the help, been trying all day lol.

There's been a problem with counterfeit SD cards in the last year or so. There are a few threads on here about how to verify the 16/32 GB Class 6 (or 10) SD card you just paid 30-60$ for is actually a 16 or 32 GB card, and is actually the class you paid for. Even "reputable" stores can be fooled by some of the knock-offs. :\

Cheers, glad it's working for you now!