ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Search This thread

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
Home key = enter
Back key = back
VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
* Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
* Pull the battery from your phone.
* Connect phone to your pc via usb.
* Press & hold Volume-up
* Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

=============================
Attachments
Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 13,218
  • beach1.jpg
    beach1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8,918
Last edited:

Baddude8

Dec 25, 2011
Since the the only difference b/w the Exhibit and Exhibit II is the camera processor, would flashing this rom works on my Exhibit?
Thanks.

Irate Iguana

Feb 25, 2011
I like! :D. Haven't used it yet, but progress is good! Is there anyway you could make the kernel OCable? :p

pendoric

Jan 9, 2012
THANKS! Great start. To answer your question, I would like to see overclock ability as one thing in a rom.

jms_209

Aug 13, 2011
Thanks for this rom,happy people are working on this :)
About having custom kernels,will this take a while.....you did this rather quickly :p

The one thing I always wanted to use was voodoo sound and hope you can incorporate a kernel that supports it in the future :D

anyways keep up the good work and best of luck

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
I have to root to put this on my phone

sent from my exhibit 2 greatness

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
So do then do I just flash it with Odin or do I have to do anything special b4 I put it on my phone

tagzard

Jan 6, 2012
Chicago
Peach Sunrise is my first ROM for the Samsung Exhibit II. It's Touchwiz-based, rooted, very lightly themed (wallpaper only) and uses the stock kernel. It's been debloated, but not aggressively so. It also includes the bash shell for console junkies. This release uses Odin (included in the download). Future plans include deodexing and a custom kernel.

Download HERE

Consider this a beta, and use at your own risk. However, everything I've tested works. Calling, texting, camera, wifi,etc. If something is broken, it's probably something that I debloated that needs putting back.

Installation
Use Odin 4.43 or greater. 4.43 included in archive. Have Samsung USB drivers 1.4.8 or greater.

1. Put your Exhibit II into download mode. With power off, press and hold the download volume
button, then the power button. A warning screen about the evils of custom software will display.
Press volume-up and you should be in download mode. The screen has the Android robot in the center of the screen and "Downloading" underneath it.

2. Connect your Exhibit II via usb cable.

3. Click the OPS button, then select Ancora.ops

4. Click the "One Package" checkbox, then press the "One Package" button at the bottom of the Odin screen. Select the file peach.sunrise.tar. No other checkboxes need clicking, no other fields need filling. Press the start button.

The process takes 4-5 minutes to complete using Windows 7 in a virtual machine. Once your phone reboots, you should be done. YYMV.

Screenshot #1: Touchwiz launcher
Screenshot #2: GO Launcher & Beautiful
Home Time/Weather Widget (Not inc. with ROM)

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D40.
So I should only have the one package box checked. I should uncheck the ones already checked?

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
So I should only have the one package box checked. I should uncheck the ones already checked?

I've posted a screenshot above of what your Odin screen should look like prior to pressing start.

The COM port mapping field should be yellow, with a port number filled in.

All checkboxes are checked.

The Reset Time field is pre-filled in with the value 300.

The OPS field is filled in.

The One Package field is filled in.

HTH.

tagzard

Jan 6, 2012
Chicago
Did I do it right?

I think I did it wrong because once it finished rebooting everything seemed the same. How do I know I have the ROM installed?

Reactions: jocala

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I think I did it wrong because once it finished rebooting everything seemed the same. How do I know I have the ROM installed?

Things like this are why we have public betas :)

You are probably fine. I need to brand the ROM, so it identifies via your settings. Since the Odin process does not format your /data partition when you reboot your home setup WILL look just like like it did, since your /data partition overrides the new default home screen.

If you're rooted at boot the new rom is in place. I'll work out branding in beta 2.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
So then do I still have all my data from my I had installed b4 flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

* Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Pull the battery from your phone.
    * Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    * Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
    Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
    T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
    If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
    Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

Attachments
    Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.
    Links & Information

Useful links and information HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G discussion HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G Wiki HERE
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

I've rebuilt our recovery image to include ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. Thanks to Wilson and arco68 and of course Koush!

Download HERE

copy the cwm zip file to /mnt/sdcard and flash with recovery (stock or other).

1. Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    2. Pull the battery from your phone.
    3. Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    4. Press & hold Volume-up
    5. Insert battery

You can also flash via dd at a root prompt. You'll need recovery.img, contained in the cwm zip file This is considered to be advanced, but actually, it's quite easy.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    reboot recovery
    cwm keys: home,back, vol-up,vol-dn
    peach.v2.rc1.zip

peach.v2.rc1.zip

I expect that this will actually be 2.0, unless someone posts something show stopping.

Very heavily debloated.
    swapsd included
    terminal included
    V6 SuperCharger included.
    DSPManager included.

To swap your internal and external sd:
    open terminal.
    type "su" to become root.
    enter swapsd external to swap OR
    enter swapsd default to return to normal.
    reboot.
    This is only done once.
    The change is persistent until you swap it back.
    Please note than cwm does not recognize swapping.

Currently, SuperCharger is not initially activated. I'll probably have a default active at boot in the future.

To activate Supercharger, open terminal and enter su.
    When you have a "#" prompt, enter v6.
    A reboot is required after you exit the v6 script.
    Peach Sunrise 3.00

Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. This release is not vulnerable to the tel:ussd dialer exploit. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation.

Download Peach Sunrise 3.00 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror 1
    Download Mirror 2

Big Thanks to Camcoryhttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4450173 for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!