[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
no betas for the gapps.

I just tried to flash the omnirom and tha PA full gapps and now i get Phone app fc straight when I boot the phone to android?

Did you flash the Google dialer too? Because your supposed to boot once before flashing it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

tom1491

Dec 2, 2013
Savannakhet
Hi @TKruzze and everyone here. Since yesterday I have installed the PA Gapps along with CM 10.2 by New Maclaw (and also tried along with a few other ROMs else by him such as AOKP 4.3 and PACMan 4.3), it seems like that there is something went wrong with Google Keyboard in displaying some letters in my languages while I have tried all other languages and nothing goes wrong with them.
*GApps package I installed is Google Stock 4.3.x
*Date of GApps package is 20131102
*My device is Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 (golden)
*Current runtime: dalvik
*ROM I'm using: CyanogenMod 10.2 (Jelly Bean 4.3) by Maclaw release 20131225 info http://maclaw.pl/2013/12/25/release-cyanogenmod-10-2-s3-mini-3/
*My language is Lao (Laos)
*Fonts which have issues with Google Keyboard: NotoSansLao-Regular.ttf, NotoSansLao-Bold, NotoSansLaoUI-Regular.ttf, NotoSansLaoUI-Bold.ttf and NotoSerifLao.ttf. (I use these fonts in stock Samsung ROM and there are no problems).

The screenshot as below
uploadfromtaptalk1388256286155.jpg

Thanks in advance :)
*Some typos edited

Sent from my GT-I8190

Last edited:

TKruzze

PA GApps Beta Test - Feedback Requested

This is third set of BETA files. Hopefully, we've found the correct lib needed to make the AOSP swipe work properly. Also, I have added Google Bookmarks Sync back into the Modular packages (Full and Mini). Reverting to an older version solved the problems - they are also ART compatible.

Based on feedback and input from @0s1ride and a few random requests, I am considering changes to the Full Modular, Mini Modular, and Keyboard Addon. I have created test versions of each of these packages that I would like to receive feedback on before I make a final decision on whether to go forward. While any feedback is welcome, I am especially interested in verifying the functionality changes and that everything works as expected. Below, you'll find a summary of the proposed changes along with a download link.

The changes in Beta 3 are largely based on the input of @0s1ride and feedback provided in this post. In addition, all Google Apps have been update to latest versions.

FULL MODULAR Proposed Changes
  • Package will no longer included Google Keyboard (Keyboard Addon may be installed if desired). Change is proposed due to issues with using stock/AOSP keyboard if Google Keyboard is also installed in System partition.
  • Added libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so (from Google Keyboard) and libjni_latinime.so (a renamed copy of libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so) to add 'swipe' support to stock/AOSP keyboard from ROM
  • No longer removes stock/AOSP Launcher. You can still select Google Home (Google Experience Launcher) as an option in Settings
  • Google Bookmarks Sync (for AOSP Browser) added back and should be fully ART compatible

MINI MODULAR Proposed Changes
  • Added libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so (from Google Keyboard) and libjni_latinime.so (a renamed copy of libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so) to add 'swipe' support to stock/AOSP keyboard from ROM
  • No longer removes stock/AOSP Launcher. You can still select Google Home (Google Experience Launcher) as an option in Settings
  • Google Bookmarks Sync (for AOSP Browser) added back and should be fully ART compatible

KEYBOARD ADDON Proposed Changes
  • Added libjni_latinime.so (from Factory Images) - probably should have been included all along
  • Replaces the stock/AOSP Keyboard. Change is proposed due to issues with using stock/AOSP keyboard if Google Keyboard is also installed in System partition.

BETA DOWNLOAD LINKS
MediaFire | Android File Host

Please report back here with feedback. In order to fully test the changes, it may be necessary to install the test packages using the procedure outlined in FAQ - Point #4

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Awesome I'll see if I can test it out in a bit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

tsatomas

Feb 5, 2012
Athens
Thank you, at moment having slow connection and also I am already using the unbundled lib. Tomorrow morning I shall clean system and go to try these betas/feedback as faq

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

juju2011

Aug 4, 2013
nepean
I get phone and gapps fc on boot :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Using cmetal 12 19 beta modular gapps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

0s1ride

Feb 23, 2012
This is third set of BETA files
Device: Galaxy Nexus (maguro)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11-20131226
Runtime: Dalvik

All tests are done after a /system format.

For me, both mini and full are OK so far: swype with the AOSP keyboard works, AOSP launcher is not removed, and the Google keyboard is not included.
Keyboard Addon replaces the AOSP one and works fine.
Google Bookmarks Sync is OK too, although I can't test it with ART at the moment, unfortunately.

It would be great if those that had issues with the AOSP keyboard swype (e.g. @drewski_1, @countryfolk07, @Interflop, @xXshur1kenXx) could provide some feedback too, and, in general, someone with a ROM not CM-based.

Last edited:
Reactions: TKruzze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts