UAG case- what do you hate about it ???

Search This thread

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
I had a UAG case on my Note 3 but I hated it because it was very difficult to remove. It actually feels a lot rigid that those on my S3 and S4. The worst part is that it retains heat, so when I'm playing games, the heat goes higher with the UAG case than other normal cases, and it stays for a lonbegr time when I have stopped using the phone. This is also the same on my S4.

I have returned my UAG for the Note 3 and looking for an alternative that is not too bulky, and easy to remove.

I have returned my UAG for the Note 3 and looking for an alternative that is not too bulky, and easy to remove.

Try Otterbox. I've got the Commuter, great case.

It's doubled the thickness if you count the edges on the screen, has flaps to protect the ports and is easy to pop off in one go. (By pushing off the top over the corners with both thumbs.) Haven't noticed any heat issues whilst playing heavy games. It never goes over 38ºC. (At which point my phone starts setting off alarms. So I'd have noticed.)

Mate of mine has the UAG on his note 3. Looks amazing, but it's too bulky for me. As ironic as this is going to sound, it has to fit in the (extended) pocket of my skinny jeans. :)

Reactions: HowlTowardsTheMoon

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
I have UAG and I have no issues with heating, only thing I dislike but not hate, is removing the case which is a bit difficult, but overall this case is elegant has very attractive looks and very protective.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I have 2 UAG cases and really like them a lot. I don't have any problems removing them, just undo one top corner and then the other and pop it out.

willywill

Aug 25, 2012
I only hate the honeycomb grip along the side, that's it. It's my only case and i have no plans on buying something else :p

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
I think it scratches relatively easily on the back which is annoying. Also, I think the cut out for the s-pen is unnecessarily large, looks like a total after thought in my opinion almost like they forgot to include it in the design. I have a tech 21 impact tactical which I prefer much more.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
I dont like uag for the fact i had one for my htc on m8 and one on my s4 and both cases ended up leaving scratches at the cut out for the IR blaster. It looked really bad on my htc one bc it was the all black one. I had the commuter for my note 3 and liked it alot. It has a gloss back finish that did scratch kind of easy. I switched out for the camo defender. Left the commuter screen protector on and popped the defender one off. The defenders for the note 3 are alot slimmer then previous phones

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: JeffreyGT
Feb 10, 2013

It's doubled the thickness if you count the edges on the screen, has flaps to protect the ports and is easy to pop off in one go. (By pushing off the top over the corners with both thumbs.) Haven't noticed any heat issues whilst playing heavy games. It never goes over 38ºC. (At which point my phone starts setting off alarms. So I'd have noticed.)

Mate of mine has the UAG on his note 3. Looks amazing, but it's too bulky for me. As ironic as this is going to sound, it has to fit in the (extended) pocket of my skinny jeans. :)

Agree. I have the otterbox defender and its perfect will withstand anything as well..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
I have tried otterbox before for my S3 and Note 2 and they are very bulky, so I don't like em.

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
I've always seen it as a perfect middle ground between size and protection. It's still fairly bulky compared to a TPU case but it's not a monstrosity or a lint roller like the otterbox cases.

christoph_2013

Jun 25, 2013
The only thing that is bad about this case is that it's so damn hard to take off, I always feel like im going to break my screen trying to get the case off :p

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't find it hard to remove? Anyways, I've loved and used Uag for my last 3 phones. I started using my Spigen Slim Armor, which I was liking better than uag since it was slimmer. But the slim armor scratches way too much on the back. Now I'm using the Caseology Carbon Fiber case which I am loving. Not nearly as much protection, but I think my Iloome Tempered glass and this case is plenty enough.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2014
For those who finds it difficult to remove the UAG case, I had the same problem before until I found an instruction on youtube :D

nyjumpman

Aug 16, 2012
NYC
Been using uag cases for my last couple of phones and love em

Never really noticed the retained heat before but ultimately pay attention to it from now on

I agree it's difficult to get off but isn't that the point of a protective case? I hate the cheap flimsy ones that easily snap off

rawrfische

Aug 6, 2011
California
When UAG was my main case, I found that pulling it off from one of the corners was easiest. Only thing is, I feared for my buttons because the edges rubbed on the buttons every time I took it off. I never bothered to youtube it, so I imagine I was doing it wrong, especially since the case often pulled off my back cover at the same time lol.

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Been using uag cases for my last couple of phones and love em

Never really noticed the retained heat before but ultimately pay attention to it from now on

I agree it's difficult to get off but isn't that the point of a protective case? I hate the cheap flimsy ones that easily snap off

Protective does not necessarily mean diffcult to remove. For people like me who changes the battery specially when travelling, would appreciate a case that is easy to remove. The UAG cases for the S3 and S4 are ok and definitely easy, but I don't know why it is so hard on the Note 3 version. Maybe they use a better quality plastic on it.

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
When UAG was my main case, I found that pulling it off from one of the corners was easiest. Only thing is, I feared for my buttons because the edges rubbed on the buttons every time I took it off. I never bothered to youtube it, so I imagine I was doing it wrong, especially since the case often pulled off my back cover at the same time lol.

That used to bug me as well, hard to remove without taking the back plate with it.

I like my otterbox because it doesnt come off. I leave it on there. It stays.

It is great, and ironically it's still easier to remove than the UAG. Harder to put on though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I don't see how people find the UAG difficult to remove, I just pull back one top corner then the other and pull the phone out. It takes about 3 seconds.

noobmaster

Mar 2, 2012
I don't see how people find the UAG difficult to remove, I just pull back one top corner then the other and pull the phone out. It takes about 3 seconds.

Yeah it's actually incredibly easy to take out once you learn the trick to getting it off which is the method you mentioned. I usually take it out with one hand now.

I know the first couple times, I almost killed myself trying to take it out lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont like uag for the fact i had one for my htc on m8 and one on my s4 and both cases ended up leaving scratches at the cut out for the IR blaster. It looked really bad on my htc one bc it was the all black one. I had the commuter for my note 3 and liked it alot. It has a gloss back finish that did scratch kind of easy. I switched out for the camo defender. Left the commuter screen protector on and popped the defender one off. The defenders for the note 3 are alot slimmer then previous phones

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk