VoipSMS 3.0 - Development stopped

Search This thread

eTomm

Oct 8, 2006
Vicenza
hm, did you perform an upgrade or a new installation? (= never installed before, just to be clear ;))

I can confirm the error. First i did an upgrade from version 2 but it didn't import anything from db.
I setted up 12voip account and applied. Then after exiting the accounts options dialog i entered this last again to find the 12voip listed but without any configuration detail.

First thought has been: update is not working. Removed all and installed again removing before the files of the version 2. Didnt work again.

So i tought maybe was because i was installing on external memory. Removed all installed on normal memory ( under \ ) didnt work again. Always that error.

For what i can see it seems like it is not writing settings to the configuration db and when it is trying a lookup inside the key value pair list it is not finding them any, before sending.

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Very frustrating to read :(

The only option left is to fully uninstall VoipSMS. After that remove all remaining files (or make a backup) from the installation directory and reinstall VoipSMS.
You need to reconfigure everything :(

Since everything is stored in a Sqlite database, it should be easy to export/import them via some kind of tool.

My apologies for the inconvinience...

Scatman007

Mar 11, 2010
I've an error with Google Voice & Voipbuster :

Message 1 of 1...
Recipient: [hem, my number]
Sending...
An error occured:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: KeyNotFoundException
à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
à System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(String key)
à VoipSMS.frmSendProgress.bgwSendMessages_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.DoTheRealWork(Object o)
à System.Threading.ThreadPool.WorkItem.doWork(Object o)
à System.Threading.Timer.ring()

)

I have this same problem with voipdiscount.
Tried clean install without success :(
Any ideas? Would love to make this program work

eTomm

Oct 8, 2006
Vicenza
Very frustrating to read :(

The only option left is to fully uninstall VoipSMS. After that remove all remaining files (or make a backup) from the installation directory and reinstall VoipSMS.
You need to reconfigure everything :(

Since everything is stored in a Sqlite database, it should be easy to export/import them via some kind of tool.

My apologies for the inconvinience...

Hi Rapshody. It worked well when i tryed an old beta 3 version. I think there can be an error inside?

How can i help to solve this?

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
I'd like to investigate the db itself. In all my tests, the update was executed correctly and all required data is available in the db.

But the errormessages posted suggest the opposite.

eTomm

Oct 8, 2006
Vicenza
I'd like to investigate the db itself. In all my tests, the update was executed correctly and all required data is available in the db.

But the errormessages posted suggest the opposite.

Uhm... my installation now is working (using the old version), i wonder if someone of the others have the broken db still. If they dont have i can try tomorrow night to install and uninstall again. Today unluckily the whole process would be too long.

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Don't break it if it still works ;-)

I'll try to figure it out over here, I've been looking at it tonight but I haven't found anything yet.

eTomm

Oct 8, 2006
Vicenza
Don't break it if it still works ;-)

I'll try to figure it out over here, I've been looking at it tonight but I haven't found anything yet.

From the behaviour it seems like the settings are getting lost, or the db is not committed or the keyvalue pair dictionary is not refreshed.

Because that error is given when u are sending, but if u enter the setting of the account the account is empty.

And something that u changed between an old version and this... i have the old version where u have to insert still the url and that is working for me.

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Yes, it certainly has got something to do with the accounts modification. Keynotfound indicates indeed a missing setting. Therefore I'd like to see the db file to check if all settings are actually in the db.

Edit: found a bug in the account conversion. Happens only when there were at least two accounts specified.

Last edited:

Scatman007

Mar 11, 2010
i checked the database file on my computer and the parameters under "AccountParams" are filled in as I filled them in my phone while creating the account. However when I edit the created account on the phone everything is empty, except the account name.

I only have 1 account in the program.

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
i checked the database file on my computer and the parameters under "AccountParams" are filled in as I filled them in my phone while creating the account. However when I edit the created account on the phone everything is empty, except the account name.

I only have 1 account in the program.
Thanks for your research!
I will test this at home.

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Ok, a long time has passed since any info from my side.
Again lack of time was the cause.

The last year I haven't been able to work on VoipSMS as much as I would like. Although the lack of time was a big reason another reason was that I simply don't use the application anymore myself. (since october 2010)

The above as well as some reasons described below made me decide to stop the development (for as far as there still was any) of VoipSMS.
The other reasons are:
- Windows Mobile 6.x will be supported in the future but with Windows Phone 7 and all the other way better alternatives (according to me) it will simply be a matter of time untill WM6.x will be replaced as well.
- VoipBuster.com will also release a WM application for sending messages.
- I'd like to go play around with some other technologies

So I'd like to thank everybody who gave the application a try. Especially all the people here who posted their experiences and helped with development; I wish I could write down everybody's name; but I'm sure I would forget somebody. So thanks!!

A&A

Sep 13, 2007
Ok, a long time has passed since any info from my side.
Again lack of time was the cause.

The last year I haven't been able to work on VoipSMS as much as I would like. Although the lack of time was a big reason another reason was that I simply don't use the application anymore myself. (since october 2010)

The above as well as some reasons described below made me decide to stop the development (for as far as there still was any) of VoipSMS.
The other reasons are:
- Windows Mobile 6.x will be supported in the future but with Windows Phone 7 and all the other way better alternatives (according to me) it will simply be a matter of time untill WM6.x will be replaced as well.
- VoipBuster.com will also release a WM application for sending messages.
- I'd like to go play around with some other technologies

So I'd like to thank everybody who gave the application a try. Especially all the people here who posted their experiences and helped with development; I wish I could write down everybody's name; but I'm sure I would forget somebody. So thanks!!

Dear Rhapsody,

We (the users of VoipSMS) should be the ones thanking you, not only for having given us this very useful application but also for having offered us the opportunity to actively cooperate with its development!

Thanks for having implemented all the very useful features we requested in this thread and for having mustered sufficient patience to cope with the less useful requests.

Besides the XDA Forum you know how to get in touch with most of us and I sincerely hope that you will stay in touch whenever you feel like dropping a line ;)

Take good care my friend.... And... BTW... HUP HOLLAND!!! :D

Last edited:

eTomm

Oct 8, 2006
Vicenza
Dear Rhapsody,

We (the users of VoipSMS) should be the ones thanking you, not only for having given us this very useful application but also for having offered us the opportunity to actively cooperate with its development!

Thanks for having implemented all the very useful features we requested in this thread and for having mustered sufficient patience to cope with the less useful requests.

Besides the XDA Forum you know how to get in touch with most of us and I sincerely hope that you will stay in touch whenever you feel like dropping a line ;)

Take good care my friend.... And... BTW... HUP HOLLAND!!! :D

Yes I'm agreeing about all A&A.
I would just loved to see the last update to fix the account problems, but i'm understanding the fact that finally the WM market is beginning to move again and going on developing for WM is uncertain right now.

Thank you Raphsody. :D

TLHP

Dec 1, 2009
First of all, great thank to Rhapsody, very good application :x

Second thing, I want to know if it's possible to show my number instead of my login on the distination device? Thanks