FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[Tutorial] How to back up your ROM - A comprehensive guide.

1,306 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Angelusz, Senior Member on 23rd December 2008, 11:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2009, 10:41 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've got a dutch tmobile xperia, copying the four raw files worked, but when I start in kovsky's kitchen and I do the following step "- Select (e) extract a rom, then (b) and let it work through.", I get a error PKGtool.exe, the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Does someone now how to fix this?

28th March 2009, 08:01 AM |#122  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariks

I've got a dutch tmobile xperia, copying the four raw files worked, but when I start in kovsky's kitchen and I do the following step "- Select (e) extract a rom, then (b) and let it work through.", I get a error PKGtool.exe, the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Does someone now how to fix this?

Can this be caused becuase I use the generic uk rom, and if I download a tmobile nl rom, from the download page, is that the same.
5th April 2009, 09:53 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi folks...

Sorry to bump up this thread again but I couldn't find a solution to an error I have even after googling for it... or I may have searched wrongly. So pardon me if someone had came across this before and was answered.

I tried backing up my rom with all the necessary apps...followed the instructions here as well as from Biovolt's vid tut. I've succeeded in pdocread but my problem came when I'm running kovskykitchen.

I've copied all 5 files (Part00, 01, 02, 03 & Ruu_Signed.nbh) to the BaseROM folder as instructed, but when tried to to build (2nd step) in Kovskykitchen.cmd I had the following error:

I've set most of the files to 'Run as administrator' but it still can't proceed. I got bumped back to the main menu. Tried several times but failed. What could noobish me had done wrong/left out? By the way I'm running on Vista Ultimate x64 <-- could this be the culprit?

Hope to get some help in this. Thanks in advance y'all!
5th April 2009, 02:11 PM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen

More
Is that vista? If so, try on XP. If not, try again - perhaps you went sideways somewhere.
5th April 2009, 02:52 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelusz

Is that vista? If so, try on XP. If not, try again - perhaps you went sideways somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes it's on vista. Will try to get an XP system and try it on to see how it goes then.

Just curious though, can I just copy the extracted files that I've had in the BaseROM folder... and paste it back in the same folder but this time in an XP system. Don't think I'd have enough time to run pdocread in the office...

Anyway I'll give it a try on XP and see how it goes. Thanks.
5th April 2009, 04:58 PM |#126  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen

More
Well, the least you could do is try. As the files were created properly, I'd think they're just fine.
18th April 2009, 11:08 PM |#127  

More
Thanks a lot for such exellent step by step manual.
Cheers.
20th April 2009, 06:37 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm currently using the TouchIT v5.061 and Activesync Vista (Windows Mobile Device Center). When I do the backup steps from Angelusz's Tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=462926 but can't be success cause to the pop up "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". I did success one time with the original ROM, but in TouchIT ROM, it's seem to be that some configuration or registry has been incorrect edited. Anyone got success to back up your ROM (TouchIT) before moving to the next one, please help. Many thanks!!
PS: also I want to change the splash screen to be something else but the file SEMC2904.bmp is not the right one to change (with normal ROM, if change that file...the spalsh screen changed...but don't know which file itje used to contain splash screen on TouchIT ROM)
21st April 2009, 12:00 AM |#129  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen

More
Why would you back up a ROM that you can just download? You can't back Itje's ROMs up because he protects them.

Also, questions about the splash screen aren't for this thread.
31st May 2009, 10:33 PM |#130  

More
how can i do this?

Also, your phone must accept changes that pdocread makes. You can do this with the regedit function of the FdcSoft Taskmanager.

- Set the following registry keys to "1":
* HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies "00001001"
* HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies "0000101a"
7th June 2009, 11:28 PM |#131  

More
Question Noob question
I have a question.

Why someone should go into backing up his own rom instead downloading the current rom that he/she is using and then install that rom ?

Sorry if that question has already been answered but i didn't notice it somewhere else!

Thanks in advance

Edit: Ok my bad, i must change my prescription glasses !!! it was one of the stickies, the answer is: in case the rom isn't available for download. But if there is another reason please feel free to contribute
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)