Best app for browsing the internet on the TG01

Search This thread

Tozzy2

Feb 6, 2010
Hi, what is the best app (performance and compatibility) for browsing the internet "on the TG01"?

Well I've tested a few and it's gotta be Opera 10. It does everything flash wise (well as far as flash goes on phones), but the thing which annoys me is the way you can't get word suggestions on it so it kinda sucks in that way so it's not the perfect app for me, but the only one that does everything else.

Skyfire is good, but can't seem to get reliable flash support in my opinion.

Btw, does your question include the running of java applets? :D

xda_dev2063

Jan 12, 2009
Are you sure about word suggestions? I had the same problem with my first Opera 10 browser, because I had to use their keyboard ... but I installed the newest version, and now I was able to use my own keyboards ... running WM6.1

Tozzy2

Feb 6, 2010
Are you sure about word suggestions? I had the same problem with my first Opera 10 browser, because I had to use their keyboard ... but I installed the newest version, and now I was able to use my own keyboards ... running WM6.1

I'm positive. If I use IE, everything is fine, I can get word prediction suggestions and also can press enter instead of having to click search eg.
in google, but in opera 10, nothing, no word prediction suggestions and no hotkey support like enter. Any (word) suggestions? :D Would really appreciate it as I love Opera and I use it as my primary browser. Because of this problem, I'm thinking of changing to another browser such as skyfire, but would prefer opera though.

xda_dev2063

Jan 12, 2009
I'm positive. If I use IE, everything is fine, I can get word prediction suggestions and also can press enter instead of having to click search eg.
in google, but in opera 10, nothing, no word prediction suggestions and no hotkey support like enter. Any (word) suggestions? :D Would really appreciate it as I love Opera and I use it as my primary browser. Because of this problem, I'm thinking of changing to another browser such as skyfire, but would prefer opera though.

Hmm I will try it and report - word suggestion is working on my htc x7500 with opera 10 - I have my tg01 just for 1 day, will try it later ;)

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I use HTC Build Opera Mobile 9.7
Very battery friendly, uses less RAM. And imho faster than Opera 10.
It integrates with other HTC apps, i.e - youtube,
for EDGE, use Opera Mini :)

Attachments

• Opera_Browser_9_70_35627_0.cab
    4.9 MB · Views: 143

papaandjack

Mar 24, 2011
I have the Net Front Browser 2009 from a Japanese T-01A if you want it.
No .cab, just copy the files to your Windows folder.
No flash but it's extremely fast, good quality and very easy on the battery.
All menus display in English if on an English rom.