Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Number R09

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
what you get on getjar will not be updated...only sometimes

usually they give outdated/not newest apps for free

Sent from Tapatalk 2 beta

almost every app i have gotten from GetJar has been updated multiple times. they are all current versions, the very same available from Google. if an app is not updated, it's because the developer has not submitted an updated version. most times the updates are a week or a month behind, for various reasons, but GetJar does not only give out old apps. if you have an out of date GJ app, try downloading it again, or contact the developer about his GJ version. GJ does not notify you of updates in the same fashion Google does.

on topic-ish.. GetJar has updated my Tapatalk twice since i've downloaded it many months ago.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
i love it but it has no highlights when touching anything except threads...

Number R09

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
did some digging for the curious and/or lazy from this thread. change logs, albeit partials:

Some of the highlight of 2.0
- Account Sync
- Conversation
- Improved Moderation
- Much Better UI
- Over 100 bug fixes
----------------------------------------
"It will be the same app and upgrade is free - however we will move some of the new features to in-app purchase feature - and you will have the chance to purchase them at almost free price when we launch the update." found here.
Your wish is granted. Here is the Beta 3 release. :D:D
Some major cosmetic change:
- Customized tab color and look and feel to make sure the experience is the same across ROM
- Fixed Style switching issue
- Improved Notification layout especially in ICS
- Improved PM UI
- Improved Kindle Fire compatibility
- Account tab now shows both forum and avatar as a small overlay
- Use "Thumb-up" for Thanks icon
---------------------------------------
Beta-4 fixed the major bugs in beta-3.
- Fixed dark skin issue
- Fixed jump to unread & thread page number issue
- Fixed push too frequent issue
- Fixed sdx-developer forum login issue

Notice: If you have already installed previous beta version, please uninstall it before install beta-4
--------------------------------------

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
Yea, I also bought XDA premium, but always end going back to Tapatalk .___.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

For me tapatalk makes more sense... I visit tons of forums so only having one app on my phone to access them is much better than an app for each forum... Just my 2 cents :)

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk
j8t1uvaAWRgTE.png

Reactions: Zokormazo

PappaFloyd

Jan 30, 2011
The new UI looks sweet! Really like the new look. Hopefully the notifications start coming through to me better now, I never did get them from RootzWiki.

Edit: Awesome! RootzWiki notifications and notifications in general are working way better now! Great update.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Last edited:

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
Everyone sure is putting a lot of a lot of trust in someone who is not the developer releasing a program that does store passwords. No thank you

If you saying I modified the app or something to steal passwords, here is my answer:
A)I Don't even know how to mod an apk. I don't know any coding language at all.
Want to check that I didn't mod it? Check MD5 sums from the one in TP forums and the one I REUPLOADED.
B)All I did was download the app from Tapatalk forum and put it up on mediafire and Dropbox so people don't go through the hassle of registering on another forum.
C)If you don't like the little effort I did
(Which I know isn't much), go download from the original forum or even better, have fun with the old app. No one is saying you should download this.

azrash

Sep 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you saying I modified the app or something to steal passwords, here is my answer:
Want to check that I didn't mod it? Check MD5 sums from the one in TP forums and the one I REUPLOADED.
B)All I did was download the app from Tapatalk forum and put it up on mediafire and Dropbox so people don't go through the hassle of registering on another forum.
(Which I know isn't much), go download from the original forum or even better, have fun with the old app. No one is saying you should download this.

don't worry man, others appreciate your time in sharing here, and I did check the MD5 before installing, and it is all good! So thanks again!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
I think you are doing a great job burnrubber. How much is the apk gonna cost? Can't wait.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

First, I'm not the dev of this lol.
Second, when its released it will be an update of the actual app (that means if u had the old one you get the new one free), BUT, they will charge for some functions. They haven't menctioned exactly what functions they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you Go..

Beta 4
    Removed per DMCA claim. Probably sign of release soon.

Online Communities at Your Fingertips
    If you have ever tried to visit a forum using an Internet browser on your Android device you know what a nightmare it can be. The multitude of layouts you will encounter can have you scrolling, pinching, zooming, and swiping until your fingers are numb. Enter the Tapatalk Forum App.
    Tapatalk houses over 25,000 of the most popular public forums right inside the app. From online games to technology, animals to extreme couponing, there is a forum out there to suit your interests. Browse the 13 categories or search for a particular forum in Tapatalk's easy-to-use interface. You can find anything and everything with this app.
    Once you have found the forums you want to read it is easy to add them to your favorites for quicker access. Then you simply log in to the app and read your private messages or reply to current topics. You can also easily start a thread about something that piques your interest. You can also mark the topics you care about on your forums.
    Tapatalk contains all the features and capabilities found in your favorite browser but in a simple, straight-forward delivery. Easily see who is online, view board statistics, and even user profiles all without waiting for your phone's browser to connect to the Internet. Give it a try today.

Take your time to give feedback, so developers can improve the app!
    http://tapatalk.com/forum/threads/tapatalk-2-0-beta-feedback.9639/

PD: Hit thanks if you download! It's a way of showing gratitude.

Edit: I think this should be cleared up. I'm not the dev of the app. I just reuploaded the apk found at Tapatalk Forums so you don't need to go through the hassle of registering.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3
    This is the fixed beta 5, confirm working.

see attached, enjoy!

changelog:
    -Bugs/crashes fixes.
    -Ability to create shortcut of a forum .
    -Ability to force tapatalk use English.
    -Notification improvement.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MOD EDIT: apk removed... see OP
    Everyone sure is putting a lot of a lot of trust in someone who is not the developer releasing a program that does store passwords. No thank you

OK as this thread has run its course and people feel the need to revert to school yard name calling.

Thread closed
    Link up, have fun :D

Changelog (thanks to Number R09 for finding this out):
    did some digging for the curious and/or lazy from this thread. change logs, albeit partials:

Some of the highlight of 2.0
    - Account Sync
    - Conversation
    - Improved Moderation
    - Much Better UI
    - Over 100 bug fixes
    "It will be the same app and upgrade is free - however we will move some of the new features to in-app purchase feature - and you will have the chance to purchase them at almost free price when we launch the update." found here.
    Your wish is granted. Here is the Beta 3 release. :D:D
    Some major cosmetic change:
    - Customized tab color and look and feel to make sure the experience is the same across ROM
    - Fixed Style switching issue
    - Improved Notification layout especially in ICS
    - Improved PM UI
    - Improved Kindle Fire compatibility
    - Account tab now shows both forum and avatar as a small overlay
    - Use "Thumb-up" for Thanks icon
    ---------------------------------------
    Beta-4 fixed the major bugs in beta-3.
    - Fixed dark skin issue
    - Fixed jump to unread & thread page number issue
    - Fixed push too frequent issue
    - Fixed sdx-developer forum login issue

Notice: If you have already installed previous beta version, please uninstall it before install beta-4
    --------------------------------------

Screenshots:
    7p7pQJa4

Screenshot_2012-03-23-08-35-58.png

Screenshot_2012-03-23-08-36-04.png

Screenshot_2012-03-23-08-36-19.png