FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[3.4.45 KERNELS][HALLON/HAIDA] 3.4-nAa-03 [18/5/2013] - Unified kernel + CWM Recovery

1,531 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,436

By nobodyAtall, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th May 2013, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2013, 09:24 PM |#101  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 271

More
last dmesg i hope it's help and show random reboot problem

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63084667/dmesg.txt

19th May 2013, 09:38 PM |#102  
just installed this kernel, and what i noticed immediately that the display is much brighter than with FXP kernel. even the lowest brightness setting is too bright for me, and the brightest setting causes some color distortion (black turning into dark blue).

great effort btw, i never thought i'd see a 3.4 kernel on my old device. guess buying a new phone will be postponed by a few months
19th May 2013, 10:10 PM |#103  
Dark side of the matrix
Thanks Meter: 389

More
Hi.

I have WiFi drops with the latest release when charging the phone it gets fully charged and you don't disconnect it.

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app
20th May 2013, 12:40 AM |#104  
Flag ANKARA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have at least 10 fc like this in the last 24 hour. I hope this will help you which is recorded after a restart
Attached Files
File Type: gz 20130520023310.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (44.6 KB, 21 views)
20th May 2013, 01:50 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
voice call volume is very low after flashing the latest release.
20th May 2013, 03:06 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
too many random reboots after flashing naa03 3.4.45 in last mike 4.2.2 build...

and i fell my phone slower...
20th May 2013, 03:42 PM |#107  
Flag Shin Sekai
Thanks Meter: 392

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_hucn

voice call volume is very low after flashing the latest release.

This is a known issue, read the FAQ from here.
Lowering it down and up is a workaround by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammito

too many random reboots after flashing naa03 3.4.45 in last mike 4.2.2 build...

and i fell my phone slower...

Honesty, these kind of posts should stop. DO NOT POST PROBLEMS WITHOUT SOME LOGS. You are not helping otherwise, you are just spamming, please everyone understand this!

EDIT:
@nobodyAtall The kernel doesn't produce last_kmsg, have you disabled it? Some users, including me, have still some more but more rare random reboots, logs and dmsgs are not so helpful, please tell us a way to enable it. Should it create itself only from hard-reboot (meaning from kernel logo and on) or from soft-reboot(meaning from boot logo and on)? Cause I am having only soft-reboot, it occurs on after screen-locking and/or sending an sms and locking screen. I can't be more helpful, I have attached some logs, without last_kmsg (I told you why), hoping you can understand something from this, I can't. Maybe it's just that the device runs out of memory and panics. But random reboots are reduced significantly, now I can barely understand how to reproduce the reboot, previously I could. Also wifi works very well. Thanks to all contributors how participate this project, we owe you!
Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda premium
Attached Files
File Type: gz 20130520230200.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (49.6 KB, 9 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leajian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leajian Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 10:40 PM |#108  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 19,436

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leajian

This is a known issue, read the FAQ from here.
Lowering it down and up is a workaround by the way.

Honesty, these kind of posts should stop. DO NOT POST PROBLEMS WITHOUT SOME LOGS. You are not helping otherwise, you are just spamming, please everyone understand this!

EDIT:
@nobodyAtall The kernel doesn't produce last_kmsg, have you disabled it? Some users, including me, have still some more but more rare random reboots, logs and dmsgs are not so helpful, please tell us a way to enable it. Should it create itself only from hard-reboot (meaning from kernel logo and on) or from soft-reboot(meaning from boot logo and on)? Cause I am having only soft-reboot, it occurs on after screen-locking and/or sending an sms and locking screen. I can't be more helpful, I have attached some logs, without last_kmsg (I told you why), hoping you can understand something from this, I can't. Maybe it's just that the device runs out of memory and panics. But random reboots are reduced significantly, now I can barely understand how to reproduce the reboot, previously I could. Also wifi works very well. Thanks to all contributors how participate this project, we owe you!

@Last_kmsg: the implementation has changed in 3.4. The fix is ready:

https://github.com/nobodyAtall/msm7x...e999ea8f2b2db9
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobodyAtall Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 10:53 PM |#109  
Flag Shin Sekai
Thanks Meter: 392

More
So now the last_ksmg enabled? What was that persistent ram commit about? Sorry for asking all these, I am just curious about the root of the problem.

And daaaaaamn, you are so daaaamn fast! :-o

21st May 2013, 03:57 AM |#110  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mido_fedo

last dmesg i hope it's help and show random reboot problem

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63084667/dmesg.txt

dmesg won't help
you have to post last_kmsg
bro
The Following User Says Thank You to avinashrocks1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avinashrocks1990 Ad-Free
21st May 2013, 11:40 AM |#111  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 235

More
For me, that 3rd release a finaly daily usable kernel.
The only reboots I had is the known ones...

if ( $battery == 100 ) {
echo "Phone reboots.";
} else {
echo "Phone will reboot when unplugging.";
}

(When battery charges full if phone doesn't reboot when it hits 100 then, it'll reboot when unplugging.)

Reboots are indeed faster
Battery still drains but, waaaaaaaaay lesser than previous releases.
This time 20% = 12h when before it was like 60% = 12h

Interactive governor
ROW I/O scheduler
mike's CM10.1 - 2013/05/15 build
The Following User Says Thank You to dugzino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dugzino Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)