[HOWTO][P3113] Revert to Stock Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH2

Search This thread
T

thewindowsfreak

From Android Authority
banner-galaxy-tab-2-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwhich-firmware-p3100ddblh3-1209171.jpg
The official firmware can be used to restore your tablet to its factory state, which means that it can be used as an escape route if you ever need to revert to stock firmware. For instance, this can be very handy if you stumble upon an bad or misbehaving custom ROM that makes your tablet malfunction.

This guide shows you how to revert the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 to Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH2 (stock official firmware).

Warning​

• The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3113. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
  • The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
  • Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
  • Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.

Requirements​

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113
  • A Windows PC
  • Install your handset’s USB drivers on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
  • Enable USB debugging on your handset.
  • Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
  • Download the following files to your computer:
  • UEBLH2 firmware update package for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 (P3113UEBLH2_P3113XARBLH2_XAR.zip, 785 MB)
  • Odin 3.04 (Odin3_v3.04.zip, 456.59 kB) (Attatched)
  • Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
  • Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.

Instructions​

1. Using ZIP extraction software, extract the *.tar.md5 file contained in the UEBLH2 firmware update package.
  2. Extract the contents of Odin3_v3.04.zip to your computer.
  3. Turn off your tablet. Make sure it is not hooked up to your PC.
  4. Run Odin on your computer by double-clicking Odin3 v3.04.exe.
  5. Click the PDA button in Odin and load the *.tar.md5 file contained in the UEBLH2 firmware update package that you unzipped.
  6. Do not change any other setting in Odin. Make sure that the checkbox for “Re-partition” is not ticked.
  7. Reboot the tablet into Download Mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the warning screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue to Download Mode.
  8. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable. You should see an “Added!” message on the Odin window.
  9. Click the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the firmware to your tablet. When installation completes and succeeds, Odin will display a “PASSED” message in one of its boxes. The tablet will also automatically reboot.
  10. If, on rebooting, the screen gets stuck at the Samsung logo, try resolving it by doing the following:
  • Turn off the tablet.
  • Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down Power and Volume Up buttons together until the screen turns on. When the Samsung logo appears, let go of the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Up button until the device boots into recovery.
  • In Recovery Mode, select Wipe data/Factory reset and select Yes on next screen.
  • Select Reboot system now to reboot the tablet

Congratulations! You’ve successfully reverted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build UEBLH2.

Attachments

• Odin3-v1.85_3.zip
    198.9 KB · Views: 5,091
Last edited:

Sean_Seany

"Disable my AV/security" before I download from unknown links ?

Cool story bro. :laugh: General tip for PC users , scan everything you download onto your desktop no matter the source with your AV. Especially an ".exe "

Nice guide apart from that.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
thank you.. I didnt think of wipe data/factory. I was stuck on samsung logo. i wanted to return to stock since I'm giving the tablet to my nephew and don't want him doing crazy stuff. :victory:

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
"Disable my AV/security" before I download from unknown links ?

Cool story bro. :laugh: General tip for PC users , scan everything you download onto your desktop no matter the source with your AV. Especially an ".exe "

Nice guide apart from that.

NO, not disable before downloading, disable your AV before using Odin to flash, as IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT that some AV programs can cause issues with flashing ROM's.

Sean_Seany

NO, not disable before downloading, disable your AV before using Odin to flash, as IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT that some AV programs can cause issues with flashing ROM's.

Did you actually read what the OP posted ? Nah didnt think so . So why exactly do you need to disable AV/Secuirty for a USB file transfer ? Please enlighten me with your facts.....

T

thewindowsfreak

Did you actually read what the OP posted ? Nah didnt think so . So why exactly do you need to disable AV/Secuirty for a USB file transfer ? Please enlighten me with your facts.....

If you are having issues disabling your antivirus software, then don't disable it. I never disable mine. The only reason I added it to the post is because in rare cases the AV can cause issues for some reason or another.

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012

I think you misunderstand, when flashing files VIA ODIN certain antiviruses have been known to cause issues, personally I never have but it is a standard disclaimer on ANY Device to computer connection, when doing debugging or flashing not file transfers, I see the same disclaimer on all the Droid Razr Utility builds, and most ROM's being flashed via ODIN, it's rare but it could happen.

pgriffinsc

Dec 20, 2010
Charleston,S.C.
I think the reason for disabling your AV,is because it and your pc dont know the difference. When you run a program that flashes 'firmware' like Odin,it can be detected as malicious and blocked.HTC recommends the same thing for flashing with their exe files,and thats the same reason why its recommended during most rooting process'.

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
dude I thank you for this... I bought a gt 3113 3 days ago and it came with jb out of the box, dont get me wrong jb is awesome i run it on my sgs2 only thing is id like to use my tablet for streaming online content and most of the sites i view still use flash which jb no longer supports so i been looking for ways to revert it back to stock ics cause i love the ir function of the stock rom and most custom roms bork the ir blaster as per my research. anyway anymore details i should know before attempting this?? thanks in advance

Edit: do you have another linky for the FW? hotfile keeps erroring out on me :( thanks again

Last edited:

Slavestate

Sep 7, 2010
www.descentrecords.com
dude I thank you for this... I bought a gt 3113 3 days ago and it came with jb out of the box, dont get me wrong jb is awesome i run it on my sgs2 only thing is id like to use my tablet for streaming online content and most of the sites i view still use flash which jb no longer supports so i been looking for ways to revert it back to stock ics cause i love the ir function of the stock rom and most custom roms bork the ir blaster as per my research. anyway anymore details i should know before attempting this?? thanks in advance

Edit: do you have another linky for the FW? hotfile keeps erroring out on me :( thanks again

Yours came with JB??? Just curious what country are you in? The 3113 is US only no?? Maybe were finally getting our official release any day now...

Sent from my crack smoking SGH-i777

Reactions: bsutherland333

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
Yours came with JB??? Just curious what country are you in? The 3113 is US only no?? Maybe were finally getting our official release any day now...

Yup usa version. 4.1 android love jb but hate that I can't stream from most sites due to lack of flash and most root methods I can't get to work

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Flash works perfect on every jelly bean rom I have tried just simply sideload it but I suppose thats of topic.

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
yup sideloaded it and even running the older version of the browser to ensure flash support and its laggy and stutters lovin the tablet though

BuLLitz

Dec 4, 2010
Yes.... some of these are preloaded with 4.1.1.

I bought 2 of these for my daughters. 1 was defective. When I took it back, the store didn't have anymore so they sent me to a store in another city.
I ended up with one running 4.0.4 and one running 4.1.1.

BuLLitz

Dec 4, 2010
Yes.... some of these are preloaded with 4.1.1.

I bought 2 of these for my daughters. 1 was defective. When I took it back, the store didn't have anymore so they sent me to a store in another city.
I ended up with one running 4.0.4 and one running 4.1.1.

PS:The 4.1.1 that came preloaded is UECLK7.
It can be found here...
http://androidjinn.com/how-to-install-ueclk7-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean-on-p3113-galaxy-tab-2.html/2

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Following the instructions there, I can confirm that the versions are the same now. Both of my tablets are 4.1.1. In addition, KIES recognizes it as a valid version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.