[RECOVERY][SCH-I705][2013-04-03] Unofficial TWRP 2.4.4.0 for VZW Tab 2 7.0 LTE

Search This thread

deafptl4ever

Aug 30, 2009
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Re: [RECOVERY][SCH-I705][2013-03-07] Unofficial TWRP 2.4.3.0 for VZW Tab 2 7.0 LTE

What are you saying? That VZW is going to update our tabs to Jellybean? Where did you hear this?

EDIT: Just saw the update news! Awesome!
Yep, here's the proof in the pudding! Love the Jellybean! Tasty.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE by Premium XDA application. Capize???

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363181956370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363181956370.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 267

copene

Dec 6, 2011
Any chance of this being ported to the 3113? I use nothing but TWRP for my other devices and going back to CWR is painful!

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
for some reason 2.4.3.0 wont let me into file manager or install... glad i didnt wipe before i checked. gonna go back to 2.3.3.0 for now

damn the 2.3.3.0 i have is the internal only version. any one got the external friendly version?

Last edited:

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
If I get a chance, I'll try to recompile using latest TWRP source and see if it solves it. I don't really ever use twrp as I prefer the more primitive, non-touch interface, for my tab lol. Just think the text is more crisp in CWM.

Regardless, the wife's been sick so I'll see if I get a chance to recompile. I think 2.4.4.0 is the most current.

Oh, and 2.3.3.0 didn't have external on it as it was my first build.

Reactions: tdawgg777

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
If I get a chance, I'll try to recompile using latest TWRP source and see if it solves it. I don't really ever use twrp as I prefer the more primitive, non-touch interface, for my tab lol. Just think the text is more crisp in CWM.

Regardless, the wife's been sick so I'll see if I get a chance to recompile. I think 2.4.4.0 is the most current.

yeah i couldn't even use 2.3.3.0 to install doubleshot v2. all files were on exsdcard. so im using cwm till next twrp. love the twrp. but cwm works just as well.

i'll keep an eye out for 2.4.4.0.

also loving the jb rom... gonna use it tonight in my cab and see if it holds up like your ics doubleshot.

snipestech

Apr 27, 2010
Miami
Hi ive been searching hi and low for a way to root and flash a rom to this old tablet .I have it rooted but cant find any working links to recoverys or any working tutorial .

MTKHero

Apr 18, 2018
Why is every turn I make for headway on this Tab2 i705 a dead end link? garretek has ZERO files... I've been on this task for 7 hours and that's just today. Last time I got it stuck in an OdinLoop, and it is there still. Every Odin flash I've attempted fails. "dev_not supported" and similar errors. I lost recovery somehow, says "Custom" but then steers back into Odin Mode. I need just the straight up STOCK Firmware for this if anyone has it. Rooted or not, I'm through... Please help me out of this situation. Many Thanks Ahead!

yackychan12

May 4, 2018
Why is every turn I make for headway on this Tab2 i705 a dead end link? garretek has ZERO files... I've been on this task for 7 hours and that's just today. Last time I got it stuck in an OdinLoop, and it is there still. Every Odin flash I've attempted fails. "dev_not supported" and similar errors. I lost recovery somehow, says "Custom" but then steers back into Odin Mode. I need just the straight up STOCK Firmware for this if anyone has it. Rooted or not, I'm through... Please help me out of this situation. Many Thanks Ahead!

Sir, tell me about your setup:
Tell me
1) Windows OS/Mac/Linux you are using or have access to
2) original Samsung USB to 22pin cable in good condition
3) Tab Verizon i705 very few file exist. I am guessing one of these two file have you? https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39423516&postcount=1
4) other files you have downloaded, and what versions they are. There exist other programs but some times older is better as those would of been used in the time frame i705 was marketed
5) md5 of the firmware so you know if it got corrupted and where you get it from
6) what have you done in the past with the tablet so we could figure out how bad you bricked it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial TWRP 2.4.4.0

READ FIRST
    *** *** *** *** Disclaimer *** *** *** ***
    I am not responsible if you break your stuff. READ READ READ
    If you DO NOT own a VERIZON Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705 then DO NOT flash this! If you have not verified and flash this on a p3xxx tab, something will break and I will not help you!

YOU MUST BE ROOTED AND UNLOCKED!

How to flash:

ADB or Terminal Emulator
    1. Download TWRP 2.4.4.0 to the root of your SD Card -- TWRP 2.4.4.0 recovery.img
    MD5sum: 6afef03ae130035c0664ee006ce25fbb
    2. From Terminal emulator or ADB do the following:

From ADB
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
    reboot recovery

From Terminal
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
    reboot recovery

ODIN
    1. Install Samsung Device Drivers -- Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver.exe
    2. Download ODIN 3.04 and extract to an easy to remember location on your computer -- odin304.zip
    3. Download TWRP 2.4.4.0 to a easy to remember location on your computer -- TWRP_2440.tar.md5
    4. Open ODIN 3.04
    5. UNCHECK Everything in top left EXCEPT auto reboot
    6. Click PDA and select the recovery.tar.md5 you downloaded in step 3
    7. Click 'Start' *DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR TAB! IT WILL BRICK!*

Congratulations! You should now have a functional TWRP 2.4.4.0 recovery.

Once you got custom, NEVER accept an OTA!

Thanks to:
    Team Win. Those guys are genius!
    Did you read the thread title? Completely? Read it again then think about that question....

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
    I have been waiting for this! Thank you sir!

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Nice, it boots up fine. Only question I got is does it back up to internal or external? By space available. It looks like internal, yes?

Updated OP with a external sd friendly build

Update OP with TWRP 2.4.4.0. I haven't had a problem installing anything on this one. let me know if anyone does