Auto backed up photos not restoring

Search This thread

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
I have tons of old photos that were auto backed up from my old S3. I can even see them online in my folder My Photos>Auto Backup in Picasa web albums.

I have a new S3 and have sync for photos enabled but none of the photos from the old S3 have been restored to my new S3. The new photos I take on the new S3 are being backed up to the cloud but I can't seem to get the old photos to show up on my new phone.

I thought backed up photos were supposed to automatically be restored. How do I make this happen?

TIA

thenexusgeneration

Jan 26, 2013
Spokane
The concept behind cloud backup of photos is that they're stored in the cloud in case you need to replace the device, sell it, or otherwise not have the original physical location anymore. There is no 'cloud auto-restore photo' setting for any app as far as I know, only backups.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
Not so.

Before I got my new S3 Sprint gave me a loaner Galaxy Nexus. Soon after activation all my previously taken photos were available on my Nexus. So if the photos were transferred to the Nexus they should be transferred to the new S3.

Furthermore, the new S3 has all of my other Picasa albums available for viewing. The only album I can't see on my new S3 is the one with the photos I took with my original S3.

So anyone have an idea how to get all these backed up camera photos onto my new S3?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Not so.

Before I got my new S3 Sprint gave me a loaner Galaxy Nexus. Soon after activation all my previously taken photos were available on my Nexus. So if the photos were transferred to the Nexus they should be transferred to the new S3.

Furthermore, the new S3 has all of my other Picasa albums available for viewing. The only album I can't see on my new S3 is the one with the photos I took with my original S3.

So anyone have an idea how to get all these backed up camera photos onto my new S3?
Have you tried making a New Folder in Picasa on your computer. Move the photos into that folder while still on the PC. Then sync the device, and see if they show up.

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
Have you tried making a New Folder in Picasa on your computer. Move the photos into that folder while still on the PC. Then sync the device, and see if they show up.

None of the photos are on my PC and it would take forever to download all of them, there are thousands.

Would this work if I just moved the photos into another folder in the cloud?

But if I did that I think I'd have a storage problem because you only get unlimited storage for backed up photos. As soon as I move the photos out of the default folder they start to count against my quota. Right?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I meant just move them to a different folder in the cloud. I'm not sure how that particular cloud service works. So I can't tell you if it will count against your storage limits.

TEAM MiK MikROMs Since 3/13/11