Beginner - Help!! Error Status 7

Search This thread

SheldDaaady

Feb 9, 2014
I just rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3

Specs:

Model number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Android Verson: 4.3

I am trying to install the AOKP Rom for my device. I have it all downloaded and know how to install it but I keep getting Status error 7. What is happening? I read a little online and it says this error is for whenever you have the incorrect ROM version? Please help!

Auxiliarus

Feb 9, 2014
I just rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3

Specs:

Model number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Android Verson: 4.3

I am trying to install the AOKP Rom for my device. I have it all downloaded and know how to install it but I keep getting Status error 7. What is happening? I read a little online and it says this error is for whenever you have the incorrect ROM version? Please help!

Did you unlock your bootloader?
Do you have CWM or TWRP?
Do you get the "Status error 7" after installing or before? And did you do a factory/wipe data reset?

SheldDaaady

Feb 9, 2014
Did you unlock your bootloader?
Do you have CWM or TWRP?
Do you get the "Status error 7" after installing or before? And did you do a factory/wipe data reset?

I am not sure about unlocking the bootloader. What exactly is that?
I am using CWM.
I get the error before. It says it is loading and then I get the error. I did factory/wipe data reset. I also cleared the cache. I also tried with a different ROM called HellFire and it gives the same status error.

EDIT: I got it. I downloaded the ROM Manager App by CWM and I got it to work first try!!!

Last edited:

Auxiliarus

Feb 9, 2014
I am not sure about unlocking the bootloader. What exactly is that?
I am using CWM.
I get the error before. It says it is loading and then I get the error. I did factory/wipe data reset. I also cleared the cache. I also tried with a different ROM called HellFire and it gives the same status error.

EDIT: I got it. I downloaded the ROM Manager App by CWM and I got it to work first try!!!

Bascially, bootloader is a software that before your operating system, it allows your operating system to load, unlocking bootloader allows you to install new OS's, and a locked bootloader doesn't.
Bascially, it's like rooting the software that opens your OS, and changing it load a custom OS.
You can unlock a bootloader with adb and fastboot, they are found in Android SDK.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock

And if you still continue to have problems with your OS, try reinstalling it the same way, except formatting /system before doing-so.