SIPChange: Changes the DefaultIM in AKU2

Search This thread

Karearea

Apr 13, 2008
Just a quick heads up to those using a Blackstone (HTC Touch HD).

Due to the time the OS and then TouchFlo takes to start up you'll need to set approx 50 seconds delay.

It took a couple of frustrating attempts to work this out but once I'd set 50 sec delay it works every time now.

boehlahz

Apr 26, 2009
Problem with delay

I have the HTC Touch HD and I cannot get this to work after soft reset. I have tried setting the delay to the max 99 seconds but when the WM6.1 load screen appears long before the 99 seconds have passed I get an error - something about certificates or a problem with SIP not being able to run.

Also I cannot find the program in remove programs.
How do I uninstall the program so I don't get the SIPChange error on startup?
BTW I'm using PIN verification when I start the device my OS is danish and I found the sipchange folder in the "programmer" folder (danish word for program files) and not in Program files. Does this influence things?
Can I just delete the sipchange folder for it not to show up during boot?

Sorry, I'm new to this but I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

EDIT: found Sleuth255's uninstall advice on page 9 and it is now removed.
I would of course have wanted it to work but it didn't for me.

Please reply if you know why it didn't work or if you need more info from me to help. Thanx again

Last edited:

MacDegger

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2008
the v2 cab posted works perfectly on my HD with Laurentius' latest rom (2.2) with the delay set to 40 seconds. Thanks for the software!

Jonny4911

Jan 28, 2009
London
I have the HTC Touch HD and I cannot get this to work after soft reset. I have tried setting the delay to the max 99 seconds but when the WM6.1 load screen appears long before the 99 seconds have passed I get an error - something about certificates or a problem with SIP not being able to run.

Also I cannot find the program in remove programs.
How do I uninstall the program so I don't get the SIPChange error on startup?
BTW I'm using PIN verification when I start the device my OS is danish and I found the sipchange folder in the "programmer" folder (danish word for program files) and not in Program files. Does this influence things?
Can I just delete the sipchange folder for it not to show up during boot?

Sorry, I'm new to this but I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

EDIT: found Sleuth255's uninstall advice on page 9 and it is now removed.
I would of course have wanted it to work but it didn't for me.

Please reply if you know why it didn't work or if you need more info from me to help. Thanx again

have you installed sdkcerts?

Wiggz

Aug 1, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
guys - hopefully you can help.

Just hard reset my phone and attempting to install a few things again.

Installed sdkcerts and then sipchange...changed it to Fingerkeyboard and reset...I am getting a "Sorry, the application you were running has failed...do you want to send to MS" etc...the normal error message for sending data to Microsoft.

Any ideas how I can avoid this?

User22

Mar 1, 2005
guys - hopefully you can help.

Just hard reset my phone and attempting to install a few things again.

Installed sdkcerts and then sipchange...changed it to Fingerkeyboard and reset...I am getting a "Sorry, the application you were running has failed...do you want to send to MS" etc...the normal error message for sending data to Microsoft.

Any ideas how I can avoid this?

Switch it off in settings (Error notification)

top2tigger

Nov 8, 2008
Please tell me.... what is newer version of SIPchange between SIpchange_camel-fixed.cab and SIpchange_2.cab
WHich one shoud I install?
( At a moment I 'm using Camel-fixed version...and has no any problem )

SIpchange version2 has problem with uninstallation like Sipchange1.1?

kepz

Aug 22, 2008
Sydney
SIPChange v1.1 update: You can now change the timeout from its 10 second default

Here's my first programming contribution! It's for those of you who can no longer change their defaultIM using the posted reghacks after upgrading to AKU2.x. No matter what you choose, the keyboard SIP is always selected after a soft reset.

If you aren't having this problem, then you don't need this little app (unless, of course, you don't feel good about dinking around in the registry changing DefaultIM CLSIDs...)

The problem occurs because some AKU2 based service or process is changing the SIP back to the keyboard. This happens 4-8 seconds after startup programs run. As such, SIPChange is a workaround of sorts because when it runs at startup it waits 10 seconds before changing the SIP to your selected default. Go here for more information on this issue.

SIPChange has two execution modes. If executed with no parameter, it presents the list of SIPs available on your device and allows you to select a default. Once set, this information is stored in the registry. If executed with "SET" as the parameter it minimizes itself, reads the default from the registry and waits 10 seconds. When the timeout expires, it sets the Current SIP to your selected default and closes.

How to use:
1. Copy the attached CAB to your device
2. Tap on the cab using file manager to install.

Now open SIPChange by tapping Start->Programs->SIPChange. You will be presented with a list of your available SIPs. Highlight the one you want to become the defaultIM. If you wish, you can change the default delay as well. Now tap the "Select" button. The SIP will be changed to your selection and SIPChange will close.

That's it! The next time you (or your automatic nightly backup) resets your device, the default SIP will be reset to your choice.

Sorry... I think I'm blind, but where can I find the SIPChange cab file?

....FOUND IT! THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited:

chococrazy

Sep 3, 2007
Houston
Sleuth i seem to be having a problem on my mogul i cant delete the program its not in the delete menu help please i tihnk this might be causing my mogul to freeze up?

mstevens

Would it make sense to edit the first post to include some sort of link to the .cab file? The only links point to a thread on which the .cab is based and several that link to threads about the poster's other apps, including one that points back to this thread. I've clicked on every link in that post and don't find any files.

mrocca

Dec 31, 2008
Buenos Aires

mariconda

Nov 9, 2007
SIPChange v1.1 update: You can now change the timeout from its 10 second default

Here's my first programming contribution! It's for those of you who can no longer change their defaultIM using the posted reghacks after upgrading to AKU2.x. No matter what you choose, the keyboard SIP is always selected after a soft reset.

If you aren't having this problem, then you don't need this little app (unless, of course, you don't feel good about dinking around in the registry changing DefaultIM CLSIDs...)

The problem occurs because some AKU2 based service or process is changing the SIP back to the keyboard. This happens 4-8 seconds after startup programs run. As such, SIPChange is a workaround of sorts because when it runs at startup it waits 10 seconds before changing the SIP to your selected default. Go here for more information on this issue.

SIPChange has two execution modes. If executed with no parameter, it presents the list of SIPs available on your device and allows you to select a default. Once set, this information is stored in the registry. If executed with "SET" as the parameter it minimizes itself, reads the default from the registry and waits 10 seconds. When the timeout expires, it sets the Current SIP to your selected default and closes.

How to use:
1. Copy the attached CAB to your device
2. Tap on the cab using file manager to install.

Now open SIPChange by tapping Start->Programs->SIPChange. You will be presented with a list of your available SIPs. Highlight the one you want to become the defaultIM. If you wish, you can change the default delay as well. Now tap the "Select" button. The SIP will be changed to your selection and SIPChange will close.

That's it! The next time you (or your automatic nightly backup) resets your device, the default SIP will be reset to your choice.
Please, where is the "attached CAB" ?
Roberto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELP

Hi,

Thanks for the great app!! I do have one problem though, i can't get it to start up without prompting me. I have tried applying the SET parameter, but must be doing it wrong. Here is what I have tried...

in \program files\sipchange\sipchange_182.exe SET

and set the shortcut to be a copy of that...

I have tried it without set and have the shortcut name be sipchange_182.exe SET.lnk

I am totaly confused as to how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-John