2,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,044

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2008, 05:16 PM |#1001  
Flag Concord, CA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
are you running all files from te root of your memory card? something is different now in that you cant run anything from any subfolders anymore

1st October 2008, 05:46 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have run it from the root of the memory card and the root of the device.

thanks
1st October 2008, 05:56 PM |#1003  

More
Are there any changes in the default.txt that need to be made? Or is it not even getting to the point where that is being executed?
1st October 2008, 09:18 PM |#1004  
Flag Concord, CA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
its already past that point. move all the files from the root of your device to your memory card. run ALL the files from the root of your memory card
1st October 2008, 11:10 PM |#1005  

More
I started reading through the entire thread and found your postings to data.img and system.img file from the sd card before trying to reinstall...did that, reloaded and it launched.

Now I just have to get to know the controls.

thanks for your help!
2nd October 2008, 03:36 PM |#1006  

More
dzo:

I'm trying to work on a solution to the ppp dial problem when I noticed that Android has my sdcard mounted to /sdcard AND I can even browse it. Android's music player however claims that I have no SD card. Is it possible that Android is looking somewhere else besides /sdcard?
2nd October 2008, 07:07 PM |#1007  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchasco

dzo:

I'm trying to work on a solution to the ppp dial problem when I noticed that Android has my sdcard mounted to /sdcard AND I can even browse it. Android's music player however claims that I have no SD card. Is it possible that Android is looking somewhere else besides /sdcard?

Before using the Music app, you need to go into Developer Apps and run the Media Scanner utility. This scans your SD card and (I assume) populates a database of some sort with all your music files. It takes like a second or two on my 1GB card, but I've only got a handful of songs on there atm. After running Media Scanner, you can use the Music app just fine.
2nd October 2008, 07:08 PM |#1008  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Anyone know of an alternative way to access a shell in Android? I'm on Telus in Canada, and it would seem that they are blocking telnet access to my phone. That makes me a sad panda.
2nd October 2008, 08:45 PM |#1009  

More
I just installed this on my HTC Touch for Alltel that wasn't updated to Rev A. My radio is 2.26.00 this works wonderful can send and receive phone calls and send sms. My volume buttons increase and decrease the size is this normal?
2nd October 2008, 09:04 PM |#1010  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,044

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig0r

Anyone know of an alternative way to access a shell in Android? I'm on Telus in Canada, and it would seem that they are blocking telnet access to my phone. That makes me a sad panda.

Open the kbd and press sym 0 to get a console and sym 6 to go back to the UI. It doesn't work that well though because keypresses still go to android as well as the console. For remote shell access you could compile ssh for android and get it to connect to a server and tunnel telnet to your phone, you could also probably do the same with nc which is on the phone already.
3rd October 2008, 03:54 PM |#1011  

More
How hard would it be to set up a link via USB? It's difficult to work on ppp when you need ppp for the telnet session.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)