[MOD][DEV] BlackBerry 10 style Lockscreen mod for JB [JZO54K / AOKP / CM10]

Search This thread

evilisto

Nov 26, 2010
This mod is originally posted in Galaxy Nexus theme forum :
[MOD] BlackBerry 10 style Lockscreen mod

Preview :

0VA91.png

I made this mod for jellybean but basically it is based on old WaveView widget(honeycomb's). So I think making same mod for ICS is possible too.. (but untested.. :eek: and maybe you have to apply patch manually)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*How to use patch :
http://jungels.net/articles/diff-patch-ten-minutes.html
or my simple guide : about how to use this patch

* diff v1.11 :
for Stock JZO54K : download
for AOKP build 5 : download
for CM10 nightly 20121104+ : download or use gangsterjoop's version : link

* resources for HD(xhdpi) v1.1 : download

Changelog
Code:
[B]06 NOV[/B]
- v1.11 : reduced unlock delay
- Added patch for CM10 nightly 20121104+

[B]25 OCT[/B]
- Added patch for AOKP build 5

[B]13 OCT[/B]
- Added patch for JZO54K

[B]06 OCT[/B]
- v1.1 : fixed some layout issues.

Last edited:

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Damn I'm sad that Evilisto left the Nexus S

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
Can someone please, tell me how to patch? I was looking at the tutorials, but with no success, can someone do the detailed guide? That would be much appreciated !
Thank you.

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
I love the look of this mod but if you could actually tell us how to patch that would be great, Otherwise it's a fairly useless post.. Because from what i'm seeing, more or less no-one here knows how in the hell to patch, what file to patch, etc.

krish0809

Sep 19, 2012
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 6
Someone plz give step by step tutorial on how to apply a patch. I m trying to learn that from a couple of days but with no luck I googled about patching for hours and hours but no luck someone plz help :(

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: R2D20208

arbi13

Jan 1, 2007
Soooooo Cooooool!!!! But impossible to make it work for a noobie like me :(:(

evilisto

Nov 26, 2010
Updated :)

Updated to v1.1. I fixed some minor layout issues.
And added another patch for CM10 nightly rom..

Damn I'm sad that Evilisto left the Nexus S

Sorry lol :) At that time, I thought Nexus S won't get jellybean update.. :eek: :eek:

Is there some way someone can make this a flashable zip for CWM?

Sorry but that is impossible... this mod is rom-specific thing so if you want to use this on your rom, you have to download your rom's source code and compile this mod for that rom.

Could you share the wallpaper ? Great mod btw!

Here it is..:) blown_dandelion
This wallpaper is from Xperia T system dump.

does this work on HDPI jellybean?

I think so but you have to adjust overall layout in WaveView.java and re-draw(or just resize) resource png files.

evilisto

Nov 26, 2010
about how to use this patch

Frankly speaking, I don't have any :eek: knowledge about linux so I don't want to write about that but...

Basically, the process is like this :

1) download android source code : there are so many great guides about this...
2) download my patch and put it to /frameworks/base
3) type this.
Code:
patch -p2 < (patchfile_name).patch

for example... (from my previous post)
Code:
root@evilisto-desktop:~/patch_test/frameworks/base# [B][COLOR="Blue"]patch -p2 < Sense-4.0-Multitasking.patch[/COLOR][/B]
patching file core/res/res/values/dimens.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/nyandroid_anim.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_no_recent_apps.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-port/status_bar_recent_item.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-port/status_bar_recent_panel.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/values/colors.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/values/strings.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/recent/RecentsPanelView.java
root@evilisto-desktop:~/patch_test/frameworks/base#

4) download and extract resource files to destination folder.
- in this mod, /frameworks/base/core/res/res/drawable-xhdpi/

5) then compile.. if you have compiled your current rom before, use mmm to compile each files.
In this mod, you have to compile framework-res.apk, framework.jar (include framework2.jar in CM10) and android.policy.jar.

6) after using patch, you'd better revert all changes for future use..
Code:
patch -p2 -R < (patchfile_name).patch

krish0809

Sep 19, 2012
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 6
Frankly speaking, I don't have any :eek: knowledge about linux so I don't want to write about that but...

3) type this.
Code:

Code:
root@evilisto-desktop:~/patch_test/frameworks/base# [B][COLOR="Blue"]patch -p2 < Sense-4.0-Multitasking.patch[/COLOR][/B]
patching file packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/recent/RecentsPanelView.java

5) then compile.. if you have compiled your current rom before, use mmm to compile each files.
In this mod, you have to compile framework-res.apk, framework.jar (include framework2.jar in CM10) and android.policy.jar.

Code:

Thanks for your reply but I'm a newbie can u plz make a flashable zip plz.. . If it's possible

Reactions: iel0000

ErikWithNoC

Jan 9, 2011
Maine
Thanks for your reply but I'm a newbie can u plz make a flashable zip plz.. . If it's possible

He said in the post above that its impossible to make a flashable zip. I think by that he means its impossible to make a flashable zip that works for all devices since all devices are different. I believe it would be possible to make flashable zips for specific devices, but I have no idea how :/

Member90

May 25, 2012
can u make a flashable.zip for Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200?? im running ICS 4.0.3...pls pls...im too noob bout this all..n there currently sooo little dev on this devices.. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod is originally posted in Galaxy Nexus theme forum :
    [MOD] BlackBerry 10 style Lockscreen mod

Preview :

0VA91.png

I made this mod for jellybean but basically it is based on old WaveView widget(honeycomb's). So I think making same mod for ICS is possible too.. (but untested.. :eek: and maybe you have to apply patch manually)

*How to use patch :
    http://jungels.net/articles/diff-patch-ten-minutes.html
    or my simple guide : about how to use this patch

* diff v1.11 :
    for Stock JZO54K : download
    for AOKP build 5 : download
    for CM10 nightly 20121104+ : download or use gangsterjoop's version : link

* resources for HD(xhdpi) v1.1 : download

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]06 NOV[/B]
    - v1.11 : reduced unlock delay
    - Added patch for CM10 nightly 20121104+

[B]25 OCT[/B]
    - Added patch for AOKP build 5

[B]13 OCT[/B]
    - Added patch for JZO54K

[B]06 OCT[/B]
    - v1.1 : fixed some layout issues.
    about how to use this patch

3) type this.
    Code:

Code:

Code:
    Can u tell me how did u did this

Ѕєит fяσм gαℓαχу S2 (мσиѕтєя)

Add the waveview from the flashable framework.jar in the other thread

Change ids if necessary

Make the changes shown in the diff to the layouts and dimension and any other smalis and add the resource pngs

Thats it.

To add as an extra lock....

Decompiled policy and framework jars.

Copied the waveview from the framework jar in the flashable zip in the other thread

Renamed BBWaveView

Copied my lockscreen.smali and renamed BBLckscreen.smali and made change from the patch

Replaced instance of waveview in BBlockscreen.smali with BBwaveview

Copied the pngs from the resources in this thread and keyguard_screen_tab_unlock, trabsport_control and the dimension from the frameres in the flashable zip and renamed them prefixed with bb.

Compiled my frameres then decompiled to get new ids and changed ids to match new bb ones

Added a new cond to lockpatternkeyguardview createlockscreen method to call BBlockscreen

Thats it i think. :)

Sent from GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    How can you justify being so rude? Not to mention so presumptuous as to speak on the behalf of another member. Not everyone on XDA is an elitist, and nowhere in the rules of the forums does it say that everyone needs to know how to do this stuff.

If another user is not comfortable taking the steps in this guide (several people have bootlooped doing this, because the steps are not 100% the same for every device), then you have absolutely no place telling him or her to do so, unless you intend to take responsibility for helping him unbrick his device when it happens.

Was your post even worth the time it took you to write it?

Yes, but it's not clear which devices / dpi that zip is for. As people in that thread are likely only looking for zips, it would be pointless to ask for a special zip for his device in that one because all of the people who know how to do it are here.

not to mention the cm10 zip in that thread is reported to not work anymore. It would be good to at least get a proper patch from someone who knows the source that should work with the latest cm10 builds.

Firstly, sorry for my poor English.

1) You can see first link in OP, contain flashable zip is for Galaxy Nexus. Understanding that should be not so difficult at all, if you read carefully.

2) I think my guide is not perfect so it could be not working on some devices. But I think if someone compile this mod from source code as I suggested, it should work on most devices. If it seems not so, I didn't posted this kind of guide in this forum.
    Yes, I didn't tested this mod on other devices except GNex. But I made some similar(nearly same) lockscreen mods when I have Nexus S.

3) I didn't know current flashable zip for CM10 doesn't work on latest nightly build. But I believe that isn't mean patch in OP have problems.
    This mod is related to 5 framework files in CM10 rom. So natually, using old files on new rom cause problems, regardless of this mod. There are many changes in those files during about 10 days from my last update, isn't it?

I have a lot more to say, but thanks to my poooooor English, I'll stop from here..

I'm using just deodexed stock rom. But when I made some kind of mod, I post it at least with CM10 version. And to post that, I have to download latest CM10 nightly build, download(sync) CM10's latest source code, compile (it takes about 3 hours on my desktop, because I have to compile full rom at least one time), wipe my phone and test it. Then restore my phone using nandroid backup.

Making other rom's version like AOKP is the same too.
    And this process is repeated when I update those custom rom's version.

So, please understand that I can't compile this mod for all users' all rom...:)

And this kind of wasting time doesn't give me a cent. But I did because I think mod like this that I made is interesting, so I want to share it with other android users. That's why I post this kind of guide in this forum. (not in device's forum)

I know that this guide is a little difficult to follow. So this is basically for other devs who want to include this mod in their rom, or make flashable zips like me for their devices. Those people certainly know how to use this kind of patch much better than me. And for other users who don't know how to use patch but want this mod, I wrote simple guide to follow too. All needed things are explained in that.

Nevertheless, if there are so many people who think this guide is really useless, OK I will not post any mod or guide in this forum from now on. That is not difficult for me, and should be much better than get stressed by seeing some unpleasant comments.
    I love the look of this mod but if you could actually tell us how to patch that would be great, Otherwise it's a fairly useless post.. Because from what i'm seeing, more or less no-one here knows how in the hell to patch, what file to patch, etc.

don't be ungrateful because you don't know how to apply a patch.