Tripping Knox for root?

Search This thread

abraxo

Oct 9, 2011
I constantly hear that the reason an exploit is tough to find is because people don't want to set off the Knox. If Knox is tripped, would the phone still work? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fine with voiding warranty if it means we can get rid of all this bloatware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

TOA Duck

Oct 29, 2010
Mississippi
www.theoutlawarmy.com
I constantly hear that the reason an exploit is tough to find is because people don't want to set off the Knox. If Knox is tripped, would the phone still work? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fine with voiding warranty if it means we can get rid of all this bloatware

You have been mis informed. An exploit has not been found at all. If it is, Knox will more than likely be tripped.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Alarand

May 10, 2013

If you "trip" knox in the sense that you're talking about, by flashing anything that isn't the official att firmware, your phone won't boot. (bootloader lock)

I believe there's a counter that gets tripped when you successfully flash a custom rom so samsung can tell if your warranty is void or not, this isn't what the issue with finding root is however, it's the first part.

Also, the reason why it's so difficult to find an exploit is because att/verizon pay samsung and samsung pays various other parties, likely a lot more than $12,000 (the bounty), to ensure that said exploits are not found and that the device will remain locked.

I don't know why att doesn't offer an unlock service for like 100$ they would make an absolute killing.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnlion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you "trip" knox in the sense that you're talking about, by flashing anything that isn't the official att firmware, your phone won't boot. (bootloader lock)

I believe there's a counter that gets tripped when you successfully flash a custom rom so samsung can tell if your warranty is void or not, this isn't what the issue with finding root is however, it's the first part.

Also, the reason why it's so difficult to find an exploit is because att/verizon pay samsung and samsung pays various other parties, likely a lot more than $12,000 (the bounty), to ensure that said exploits are not found and that the device will remain locked.

I don't know why att doesn't offer an unlock service for like 100$ they would make an absolute killing.